The 5 Best Cold Therapy Lasers [Ranked]
In this post we examine five of the best-selling cold laser therapy devices on the market.
First we'll explore how they work and then examine each units individually, assessing buyer feedback.
To start, cold laser therapy is a medical treatment that also goes by low-intensity or Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) (Source).
It is called low-intensity because unlike many other laser treatments, it doesn't heat the tissue it treats. Many people receive this cold laser treatment in office but it typically isn’t covered by all insurances, including Medicare and Medicaid (Source).
However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t reap the benefits of a cold therapy treatments (Source).
Keep in mind that you should consult with your physician before undertaking laser therapy on yourself.
Cold Therapy Lasers Compared
- ESAY TO USE: Stylish and compact design, portable size for easy carrying when travel. Easy to operate with user-friendly guide included. Lighter or deeper penetration suitable for both professional and personal use.
- 💖【Cold Laser Therapy Device】4*808nm+16*650nm are combined, 650nm red light works on the surface of skin and reduces inflammation,skin redness,stimulates acupuncture points, improves surgical inflammations. 808nm infrared light penetrates deep in the tissue layer and provides relief from deep muscle and joint pains like vertebral disc issues, osteoarthritis and more. (Noted:808nm is invisible to the human eye but can see by phone's camera)
- 【2023 Upgrade model】 12pcs x 650nm + 4pcs x 808nm .Customize your own mode: 5/10/15/20 minute timer. Energy levels for L1, L2, L3. Press and hold the On/Off button to turn it on. NOTE: The three beams of 808NM are invisible.
How Cold Laser Therapy Works
Cold Laser Therapy or Low Level Laser Therapy uses specific light wavelengths to engage your body's tissue to help boost natural healing processes.
It's commonly employed on patients who are suffering from different chronic and acute conditions to treat swelling, pain, spasms while enabling heightened functioning. These are handheld, flashlight-sized devices that are placed directly over your injured area for anywhere between 30 seconds and several minutes.
The time will depend on the size of the treatment area and the laser 'dose'. The laser's non-thermal photons pass through the dermis, epidermis, and the subcutaneous tissue.
This catalyzes events in the cell that, it is theorized, help normalize injured or damaged tissue, reducing pain, decreasing inflammation, and increasing intracellular metabolism for faster healing.
Dr. Oz Demonstrates!
Customer opinions on these devices vary.
The first thing we noticed researching these devices is that cold laser therapy is only as effective as the unit you are using.
They also report it helping a variety of issues from minor injuries to inflammation and even chronic pain conditions- though there is some pushback online by people who call it a scam.
Best Cold Therapy Lasers For 2024
Benefits of a Cold Therapy Laser
- Cold laser treatments can help with a variety of problems including minor injuries, chronic pain, arthritis, and so much more.
- Doing this treatment in the comfort of your own home helps with the cold laser therapy cost of having this treatment done by your doctor.
- The current number of cold laser therapists is small, so purchasing one to use on your own is a great way to make sure you get the treatment you want.