The 5 Best Cold Therapy Lasers [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In this post we examine five of the best-selling cold laser therapy devices on the market.
First we'll explore how they work and then examine each units individually, assessing buyer feedback.
To start, cold laser therapy is a medical treatment that also goes by low-intensity or Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) (Source).
It is called low-intensity because unlike many other laser treatments, it doesn't heat the tissue it treats. Many people receive this cold laser treatment in office but it typically isn’t covered by all insurances, including Medicare and Medicaid (Source).
However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t reap the benefits of a cold therapy treatments (Source).
Keep in mind that you should consult with your physician before undertaking laser therapy on yourself.
- Cold Therapy Lasers Compared
- How They Compare
- How Cold Laser Therapy Works
- Best Cold Therapy Lasers For 2021
- Benefits of a Cold Therapy Laser
- 2. The Tendlite Medical-Grade FDA-Approved Cold Laser Review
- 3. The Dynasty Professional Cold Light Laser Review
- 4. The Multi Radiance Medical Terraquant Portable Cold Laser Review
- 5. The Terraquant TQ Solo Handheld Cold Therapy Laser Review
- What Are Buyers Saying?
Cold Therapy Lasers Compared
|Cold Therapy Lasers||Our Rating||Price ($)|
|The MadeMax Cold Laser Therapy Device||3.8||$|
|The Tendlite Medical-Grade FDA-Approved Cold Laser||4.2||$|
|The Dynasty Professional Cold Light Laser||1.0||$$$$|
|The Multi Radiance Medical Terraquant Portable Cold Laser||3.5||$$|
|The Terraquant TQ Solo Handheld Cold Therapy Laser||5.0||$$$$|
How Cold Laser Therapy Works
Cold Laser Therapy or Low Level Laser Therapy uses specific light wavelengths to engage your body's tissue to help boost natural healing processes.
It's commonly employed on patients who are suffering from different chronic and acute conditions to treat swelling, pain, spasms while enabling heightened functioning. These are handheld, flashlight-sized devices that are placed directly over your injured area for anywhere between 30 seconds and several minutes.
The time will depend on the size of the treatment area and the laser 'dose'. The laser's non-thermal photons pass through the dermis, epidermis, and the subcutaneous tissue.
This catalyzes events in the cell that, it is theorized, help normalize injured or damaged tissue, reducing pain, decreasing inflammation, and increasing intracellular metabolism for faster healing.
Dr. Oz Demonstrates!
Customer opinions on these devices vary.
The first thing we noticed researching these devices is that cold laser therapy is only as effective as the unit you are using.
They also report it helping a variety of issues from minor injuries to inflammation and even chronic pain conditions- though there is some pushback online by people who call it a scam.
Best Cold Therapy Lasers For 2021
Benefits of a Cold Therapy Laser
- Cold laser treatments can help with a variety of problems including minor injuries, chronic pain, arthritis, and so much more.
- Doing this treatment in the comfort of your own home helps with the cold laser therapy cost of having this treatment done by your doctor.
- The current number of cold laser therapists is small, so purchasing one to use on your own is a great way to make sure you get the treatment you want.