The 5 Best Plasma Lighters [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Plasma lighters are butane-free, electronic lighters (Source).
With a quick click, it generates either a single or double arc plasma flame that's hotter than fire (Source).
They work by generating a tiny electrical arc between a pair of ceramic electrodes. This small arc is hotter than a traditional open flame (Source).
Single or double arc?
If you're a cigarette smoker- a single arc (two-electrode) flame is fine. It generates less heat over a smaller area. If you're a cigar smoker a double arc (four-electrode) flame provides 2x coverage for the wider circumference of a large cigar.
If you're a pipe smoker, the cylindrical Saberlight is marketed specifically to pipe and bowl smokers.
A word of caution- don't use a plasma lighter with a metal pipe: it will shock you (Source)!
Best Single Arc: The Bolt
Buyers say that this single arc, plasma lighter works well for cigarettes and starting camp fires. It's got a high-tech appearance- the arc is small, but incredibly hot. This is a two-electrode arc lighter, which means it has a single arc. It comes with a gift box- a solid, value buy.
Best Double Arc: The Nova
Reviewers say that this double arc, plasma lighter is a powerful, wind-proof option that works well for cigars. One boater praises its wind-resistance- saving his finger from blistering constantly flicking cheap Bic lighters.
The Five Best Double Arc Plasma Lighters For 2021
- Premium Design: Ultra-slim build with a sleek finish, upward electrodes and wide-open lid, offers a classic look with a modern twist while being ultra-compact, portable and lightweight
- 【Mini Size】 The perfect size allows you to control the lighter at will.Size:3.1*1.4*0.7in,Weight:0.21lb.
- ¡¾2-in-1 Design¡¿ Double-function design,this flashlight lighter perfectly combines a led flashlight and a plasma lighter into one. You can use it to illuminate dark place or light up cigarettes and candles;
- 【Antique Cigarette Lighter】The lighter is made of rosewood and metal with exquisite workmanship process, which is also pretty suitable for collection.Whenever you use it to ignite your cigar, it is a manifestation of your high-end taste.
- The internal lithium-ion battery eliminates the need for liquid fuel, and it can be easily recharged via any USB port using the included cord. It can also be used at all altitudes without requiring oxygen intake adjustment;
The Five Best Single Arc Plasma Lighters For 2021
- 【Power Indicator & Long Battery Life】Upgraded 4 LED battery lights to display different power level status, can remind you recharge it in advance; High-quality battery cycle lasts 600~700 charges
- 1.IGNITION & QUALITY: dual arc lighter,5 times faster than single arc electronic lighter;use high quality zinc alloy,safe and durable.
- Innovation and novelty: This rechargeable plasma lighter uses a plasma single arc instead of an open flame, providing you with a safer and more comfortable way to light gas, fireworks, candles, etc. It uses the high voltage of the battery module to generate an arc. The arc generates intense heat, and no smoke or smell is produced when the button is pressed.
- Powerful Dual-Arc: Use newest plasma technology, this electronic lighter works by creating windproof and flameless sparks, can light up stuffs instantly
- 🔥Double electric arc-superior firepower to ignite, 5 times more powerful than single arc lighters
What Are Plasma Lighters?
Best Plasma Lighters For 2021
This single arc plasma lighter offered by Ralix is a solid option if you are looking for a flame less lighter. Users like the handiness and design of this gadget, but do complain about the fact that it doesn’t fit regular size cigars.
This USB rechargeable lighter is wind-resistant and it doesn’t use gas or fluid. It is made of durable zinc alloy that won’t melt or fall apart. This rechargeable electronic lighter seems like a solid choice if you are looking for an elegant yet sturdy product which is environmentally friendly.
The general user consensus concerning the Ralix flameless lighter is that it is a cool gadget that does the job. They state that it is well-built, with the matte finish that looks very nice. It comes in a package that makes it a good gift.
However, many buyers complain about the fact that, although great for cigarettes and cigarillos, it is not suitable for regular size cigars. Plus, they state that the lighter is useless with candles that are inside glass holders because of its design. One online reviewer says that if used extensively and/or continuously it will heat up to the point you can’t hold it.
- Cool gadget that does the job
- A good gift idea
- Many buyers complain about the fact that it is not suitable for regular size cigars, nor candles that are inside glass holders
- One user complains of excessive heat if used extensively and/or continuously