The 5 Best CR2032 Batteries [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In this post, we’ve curated the best CR2032 batteries on the market today.
These disposable high-capacity 3-Volt coin-cell batteries have a wide range of applications including motherboards, digital watches and LED lights (Source).
These button cell batteries have a high resistance to any source of power which makes them excellent testers for LED lights (Source).
In any applications that require small or medium amounts of energy, these batteries will work effectively.
In computers, the batteries play a crucial role in ensuring that the automatic clock does not go off the radar. In remotes, the batteries also help in boosting waves to different sources.
Comparing The Options
- Contains six 6 Energizer 2032 Lithium Coin Batteries
- 4-pack of lithium coin cell batteries; CR2032 cell size
- ★High Quality: Tested under Strict Quality Control Standards. CE and ROHS Certified. Grade A cells CR2032 Ensure Longer Battery Life and Long Lasting Power
- Brand New, Direct from Energizer
- Lithium Coin Battery: DurACell's 2032 3V coin batteries provide reliable, long lasting power for your medical devices, security devices, electronics and more
A YouTuber’s Review
To get a hand’s on perspective, check out this YouTuber’s review of the Rechargeable CR2032 LI2032 Kit:
According to a YouTube comment, the name CR comes from “C = Lithium (Common name), Manganese dioxide (+ electrode), Organic (Electrolyte), Lithium (- electrode), 3 ( Nominal voltage), 2.0 ( End-point voltage), R = Round (cylindrical) form.”
There are vital points that every buyer needs to keep in mind before purchasing any of these batteries. Below are further facts.
- One of the important tips to keep in mind when choosing these batteries is the ratings of alkaline that have been used in that specific battery.
- Reliable reviews from all across the globe reveal the fact that alkaline batteries have the best low-drain capabilities as opposed to other types like lithium. The lower the ability to drain power, the better the chances of maximizing its productivity.
- Alkaline and lithium are the best raw materials for the manufacturing of any batteries.
- The presence of either of them is enough to give the idea that it is a reliable product.
- Lithium batteries rank the highest when it comes to using the most effective and reliable batteries.
- When you compare lithium to alkaline, you will be fast to note the fact that lithium batteries do not release corrosive and acidic fluids that may damage parts of the device (Source).
- When you are not using the batteries, it is important to consider storing them in a cool, dry place.
- If you do not have any of these conditions, it is likely that the batteries will go bad faster than expected.
What Are They?
CR2032 batteries are commonly referred to as button cells. They are flat and mostly work in small devices like remote controls and wrist watches.
It is the nature of such batteries to store power for long because unlike the typical batteries that work in the medium of massive products, these perform purposes that do not involve a lot of transfer of energy and power.
The batteries have a small diameter, high voltage and a temperature range of -30 degrees Celsius. Its diameter is 20 mm while its height is 3.2 mm.
They are used in a wide variety of schools of life including business, residential purposes, security as well as technological advancements. Most of these batteries are interchangeable.
It means that if the lithium or alkaline of your respective battery is not functioning as it should, you can change and replace them with your preference. In the initials of its name, the letter C represents the lithium electrolyte. The B letter stands for lithium which is an organic electrolyte.
The R in the name indicates the cylindrical shape of the battery. That is all about CR2032 batteries.
Difference Between CR and DL Types
According to this LinkedIn author, the primary distinction between CR and DL batteries is just the manufacturer. CR is essentially a generic designation just like the familiar AA and AAA designations. It is employed by almost all the major battery makers. Alternatively, the DL name is employed by the battery company Duracell.
How they work
The batteries use chemical energy that can result when lithium and manganese dioxide combine to form a chemical reaction.
The chemical energy then converts to electrical energy after which the interaction goes to the power source of the specific device that you intend to use.
It is worth to note that the reaction between the two and the conversion of chemical energy to electric happens within seconds. The objective of the manufacturer of this battery was to ensure that the batteries can stay on as long as possible.
The batteries can cease functionality when the electric charge does not power the device as it should in the first place.
They are generally designed to last longer than any batteries because they do not use a lot of power to stay active. When the batteries get exhausted, it is essential to understand that proper disposal can go a long way in keeping the environment green.
Energy saving tips of the whole world include using devices that do not emit any toxic substances to the environment and once you are done with them, disposing of them in the right manner is the right thing to do to keep the environment as clean as possible.
The problem with disposing of these batteries without ideal care is that they are potential causes of hazardous fires, explosions and other toxic emissions in the atmosphere.
For example, if you dispose more than three batteries at once, they may come to charge with each other and cause a short circuit. Another possible danger situation is if you left the battery lying lazily around and a child picks it up then, later chooses to burn it.
The result will be an explosion which will most likely cause a subsequent critical situation for anyone or anything within the proximity of the explosion. With that in mind, the best way to dispose of the batteries is wrapping them separately after use.
Then, dispose of the wrappings in the trash can as you await the professionals to come to sort it out differently.
As it has already come out clearly in the previous section of this article, CR2032 batteries are extremely sensitive more so when removed from the device of their intended purpose. Below are further facts.
- Keep the batteries away from kids
It is the nature of kids to play and swallow anything that they come in contact with while around the house. It is wise to keep the removed battery away from the reach of children. When thy swallow, the chemical reaction of lithium and alkaline can predispose the life of the child to potential danger.
- Dispose of appropriately
After the service duration of the batteries is over, the best thing to do is dispose of them in an ideal manner. Rather than combine them and dispose of them in the trash bag in the normal way, you can wrap each battery separately and seal well to avoid letting them get into contact with each other.
In summary, these batteries are vital for the ideal functionality of small devices like watches and remote controls. As much as they may seem tiny, their roles in the growth and development of technology in different schools of life are far too impressive to pass for ignorance.
The idea of getting the batteries without paying close attention to the buying guide will most likely result in disastrous repercussions.
There are many reliable CR2032 batteries in the world today and, selecting the one that fits your functions is the key factor to keep in mind.