The 5 Best Hand Dynamometers [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hand dynamometers are specialty medical instruments designed for assessing and measuring the maximum isometric strength of your hand as well as forearm muscles (Source).
They are frequently used in athletics as a test of hand grip strength, as well as in strength training programs, and in sports like baseball, tennis, rock climbing where the hand is employed for throwing, catching or lifting (Source).
It is also an important rehabilitation tool- they will help you to assess an individual's strength, by assessing the muscles used during forceful contraction.
Hydraulic vs Digital
Our Top Pick: The Camry Digital Dynamometer
- ACCURACY - Equipped with high precision strain gauge sensor, the hand dynamometer gives you accurate momentary digital reading of gripping power. Measuring Capacity: 198lbs / 90kgs; Division: 0.2lbs / 0.1kgs
The Camry is our top pick- it comes with a high-precision strain gauge sensor that enables you to store readings from different users.
And by inputting their age or gender it will rate the tests as either strong, normal or weak.
It runs on 2 AAA batteries and can measure gripping power up to 200 lbs or 90 kgs.
Camry Video Review
That said, let's take a look at five of the best-selling and dynamometers on the market today.
- Hydraulic vs Digital
- Our Top Pick: The Camry Digital Dynamometer
- Comparing The Options
- The 5 Best Dynamometers For 2020
- 1. The Camry 200 Lbs / 90 Kgs Digital Hand Dynamometer Review
- 2. The Baseline Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer With 200 lb Capacity Review
- 3. The Trailite 200 Lbs / 90 Kgs Digital Hand Dynamometer Review
- 4. The Constant 200 Lbs / 90 Kgs Digital Hand Dynamometer Review
- 5. The Baseline 200 & 300 Pound Hydraulic Hand Dynamometer Review
- How To Use