The 5 Best Sock Aid Kits [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sock aids are adaptive dressing equipment designed to help you pull on socks or stockings if your mobility is temporarily or permanently disabled (Source).
An added benefit is that it helps disabled or elderly individuals retain their independence.
They are essentially 'foot chutes' that your sock slides over, allowing you to insert your foot inside, then pulling the handle straps to pull the sock on and the sock aid itself off as it travels up your ankle (Source).
You might also want to purchase a dressing stick to help remove socks since most of these sock aids are good at putting the sock on, but don't help taking them off.
Most of these sock aids follow a familiar format- a sock chute with rope pulleys- though the Wright Stuff Sock Aid Kit is actually a floor-mounted option that can also help you take your sock off.
Check out a video demonstration of our top pick, the Eva Medical sock aid, below to see how it works.
Our Top Pick: The Eva Medical Sock Aid
Buyers say that the Eva Medical sock kit works with a variety of differently sized feet, with one arthritis sufferer who weighs over 320 pounds with an 11-inch foot telling us that it is plenty wide for him.
There have been some complaints that it doesn't work so well if your foot is over a size 12, however.
Another reviewer described care-taking an elderly relative who had recently had hip surgery.
They tell us that this senior citizen was quite happy to receive this dressing aid because it enabled her to do more for herself rather than bother family members- something she was somewhat ashamed to do.
In some cases, if the user lacks upper body strength, it can be difficult pulling the sock on, especially if they are thick, compression socks.
- Our Top Pick: The Eva Medical Sock Aid
- Comparing Them
- Video Review: The Easy On/Off Sock Aid
- The Best Sock Aids For 2020
- What Are Buyers Saying?
- Fitting Instructions
- Sock Aid Kit is the fast & easy way to put on & take off your socks or stocking. The Kit Includes: One Deluxe Sock Aid with Foam Handle and One Sock or Stocking Remover / Doffer.
- SOCK SLIDER: The fast & easy way to put on & take off your socks comfortably
- Rehabilitation Advantage Economy Hip Kit comes with 4 pieces to help the patient complete daily tasks on their own
- 5 PIECES KIT: 1x 32" Reacher, 1x Deluxe Molded Sock Aid with 38" Long Foam Handles, 1x 28" Long Dressing Stick, 1x 22" Long Handle Round Sponge and 1x 24" Long Plastic Shoe Horn.
- ★ IMPROVE YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE The ergonomic grabber gripper reacher and sock assist are great features for those who suffer with arthritis, back pain and sore knees making it stress free to reach objects that are in hard to get places. This Pick-Up & Reaching Tool allows you to easily pick up your sock and assist aid without bending, climbing or stretching. 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE in the unlikely event there's anything wrong with your mobility aids we offer a completely hassle free