The 5 Best Donut Cushions [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Donut cushions are ideal for individuals who need to sit for extended periods of time and are suffering from conditions like hemorrhoids, tailbone pain, coccyx pain, sciatica or even surgeries and pre/post-natal pain.
They are engineered to reduce pain and enhance your sitting comfort while at work or home. Many of the cushions below feature leg contours that facilitate a healthy blood flow throughout the legs.
As well, rear cutouts will help to reduce coccyx pressure and distribute weight evenly across the cushion, providing increased pain relief.
Our Top Pick: The Aylio Donut Seat Cushion
- Aylio says that their donut cushion provides exceptional pain relief and comfort- particularly for car seats, plane seats, office chairs, & even wheelchairs
- The contoured donut shape is engineered to reduce coccyx pressure, as well as relieve stress on the tailbone, hip bones, and legs and while you are sitting
- Engineered to create a healthy distribution of your body weight, helping to improve posture, blood circulation, and proper spine alignment
It's indicated to help treat lower back pain issues, deal with sensitive hemorrhoid problems, alleviate painful pressure sores and ulcers. It also ships with a removable velour cover that is fully machine washable.
|Thumbnail||Donut Cushions||Our Rating||Price||Manufacturer||Dimensions (Length X Width X Depth)||Weight|
|Aylio Donut Seat Cushion with Contoured Design||4.6||$$||Aylio||18"x16"x2.5"||15.2oz|
|The Original Saridjo Brown Donut||4.2||$||Saridjo||15"x15"x5"||0.5oz|
|Milliard Foam Donut Cushion||4.0||$||Milliard||20" x 15" x 3"||1.2lbs|
|Carex Inflatable Ring Cushion, Rubber||3.8||$||Carex Health Brands||15"x15"x3"||1.2lbs|
|Duro-Med 18-inch Molded Foam Ring Donut Cushion||4.2||$||Duro-Med||18.5" x 13.4" x 2.6"||3lbs|
What are the primary features of a donut seat cushion?
A donut seat cushion is great for pain relief and typically provides support for hemorrhoids, pregnancy related pain, hip bursitis, prostate inflammation, anal pain issues, postnatal discomfort, as well as general chronic pain conditions.
How do donut pillows work?
- The donut shape ensures that you receive support for your bottom and the empty space in the middle guarantees that your weight is balanced equally, while making sure that your lower body and legs are not stressed.
- Another advantage of these cushions is that they are highly versatile.
- They can be used at home, on the road while driving a car or truck, and a office, or even in a wheelchair.
How to use a donut pillow
- Make sure that you placed the donut seat cushion in the center of the seat.
- When you sit on the cushion make sure that your tailbone is centered over the cushions donut hole.
- When you are seated on the cushion, try leaning forward slightly instead of reclining backwards in order to decrease tailbone pressure.
*Credit to DonutCushion.net
What do customers say about donut cushions?
- Many customers were pleased with the coverings that come with the cushions- this makes them easy to clean.
- Customers describe purchasing donut cushions for elderly relatives in assisted-living who suffer from conditions ranging from tailbone pain to hemorrhoids.
- Some customers prefer foam cushions to rubber because sometimes the rubber odor can be somewhat annoying to people.
- Purchasers who ended up acquiring inflatable ring cushions were pleased that they were able to customize the firmness of their cushion with the included air pump.
When you are suffering from pain, sitting for long stretches of time can become extremely painful. Unfortunately, in our modern society, it is often necessary in our day jobs to sit in front of computers for eight hours at a time, or perhaps you have an elderly relative that is consigned to a wheelchair.
Other people suffer from medical conditions that affect their posterior, tailbone, they might have hemorrhoids to require pressure relief, or afflicted by bone spurs or prostate issues as well as pressure ulcers.
Whatever the reason, donut pillows are ideal for ergonomic solutions to help alleviate whatever pain symptoms you are experiencing. Make sure to sort our table above to compare the different cushions and their various characteristics in order to find the best donut pillow for you and your circumstance.