The 5 Best Digital Camera Binoculars [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Digital camera binoculars combine binoculars with digital video cameras. They enable you to capture images and video simply by pressing a button (Source).
Digital camera binoculars are marketed to birdwatchers who want to capture video of their birding findings, surveillance professionals, hunters and outdoor enthusiasts as well as those who are enjoying a stadium or sport event at long-distance (Source).
All of the digital camera binoculars have 5 megapixel cameras, except for the Vivitar, which has 8. As well, they all provide 12x magnification, except the Pyrus 10 x 25, which provides 10x.
You will have to purchase your own Micro SD card to go along with the camera because they aren't included.
Resolution isn't super high-def for any of the cameras, but it's not terrible- especially for the hobbyist.
Another thing to be aware of, buyers say that what you see through the binoculars isn't what you see on the screen- there's a bit of an 'offset'.
Our Favorites: The Eoncore Digital Camera Binoculars
- 【HD Digital Binoculars Camera】This Binocuars Camera combines an excellent all-opticsl binocular system with a high definition digital video camera. Support image capture and video shooting
The Eoncore digital camera binocular has a 2" LCD display with a 12x magnification and 32 mm aperture binocular system.
Eoncore Video Overview
Reviewers we spoke with endorsed their general quality, saying that they provide solid viewing range- all the way out to 200 yards.
In addition, because it has separate lens focus adjustment, you can really optimize for image clarity at long-distances.
- Bottom line?
- Our Favorites: The Eoncore Digital Camera Binoculars
- Runnerup: The PowerLead FS608 Binoculars
- Best Digital Camera Binoculars For 2020
- 1. Pyrus 12×32 Digital Camera Binoculars Review
- 2. PowerLead Pxlo Digital Camera Folding Binoculars Review
- 3. Vivitar Digital Binocular Camera Review
- 4. PYRUS 10×25 Digital Camera Binoculars Review
- 5. Eoncore Digital Camera Binoculars Review
- What Are Buyers Saying?
- Final Thoughts
- 𝗖𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗘 𝗜𝗡 𝟭𝟬𝟬% 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗞𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗦 - While other night vision spy gear can't provide high-quality photos & videos without ambient light, drain your batteries within minutes or they are impossible to focus and zoom, the GlassOwl High-Tech Night Vision Binoculars feature a No-Glow INFRARED ILLUMINATOR which allows you to view animals in PITCH DARK without lights for HOURS. The focus is SMOOTH making it simple to capture CRISP photos. WE VALUE YOUR PRIORITIES
- LARGE 4 INCH VIEW SCREEN WITH EXCELLETNT IMAGE PERFORMANCE: Built In 2 inch TFT screen, convert to 4 inch large viewing screen by the convex lens; Resolution of screen:640X480, comfortable to your eyes with or without glasses; Record 2592*1944 HD image and 1280*720 video with sound, show you vivid detail of the image
- 【HD Digital Binoculars Camera】This is a new 2.0" TFT HD 1080P 5MP LCD Camcorder DV Binocular. These binocuars with camera combines an excellent all-opticsl binocular system and HD digital video function. Support image capture and video shooting at 1280 x 1080 resolution. Comes with a 16GB memory card
- 【18mm Large Eyepiece Binoculars, Larger Image, Clearer Details】2.25 times the image size of 12mm eyepiece (e.g. 10x25, 12x25, 10x21 binoculars), 1.28 times of 16mm eyepiece (e.g. Ordinary 10x42, 12x42 binoculars). Large eyepiece binoculars make full use of 12x magnification, deliver larger image, ensure clearer details
- LARGE DYNAMIC WIDE SCREEN: Night Vision goggles with 2.31'' TFT view screen, convert to 3" large viewing screen by the convex lens. The night vision combines an excellent fully multi-coated all-optical system with a video camera, allows quickly capture the perfect photo or high definition video.
Runnerup: The PowerLead FS608 Binoculars
Best Digital Camera Binoculars For 2020
The high quality LCD display, and stylishly designed PYRUS Digital Camera features a 12x magnification -32mm aperture binocular system. It is the perfect device to make hunting, fishing, and outdoor adventures, etc. a lot more fun.
Users love it for providing them with high-definition results. Keep in mind that some might feel some discomfort in properly using it if they happen to wear glasses. The PYRUS LCD Display Digital Camera Binoculars is a good investment to make when going on outdoor adventures or if you want to watch a concert or sports game from afar.
Users of the PYRUS Camera Binoculars have praised the item for giving them the ability to view far away things in high definition. One user of the Digital Handsfree Camera also shared his experience about how he was able to record photos and videos by inserting an SD card in the device. Doing so will allow users to view the captured images later.
A minority of buyers who have used the PYRUS Camera Binoculars with 32mm lens said that the device wasn’t able to focus as well as advertised.
Unboxing The Pyrus
- 12x magnification -32mm aperture binocular system
- LCD display provides quick control over various functions
- Compatible with SD card
- Vulnerable to breakage due to weak build
2. PowerLead Pxlo Digital Camera Folding Binoculars Review
The stylishly designed, portable PowerLead Pxlo Digital Camera Binoculars combines an all-optics binocular system with an HD digital camera. It also has an LDC display that allows the user to quickly control all of the functions offered by the device.
Users love it for being very handy when they are participating in outdoor activities. Keep in mind that using it while wearing glasses can be a bit tough. The Pxlo Digital PowerLead Camera Binoculars is the perfect item to have in order to record outdoor adventures and help with hunting and fishing.
Majority of the FHD Digital PowerLead Camera users praise the device for being very compact in its design and being easy to carry around. One user of the Folding Prism Pxlo Binoculars Camera liked the ability to change camera settings such as lighting type, resolution, anti-shake, etc.
A minority of the PowerLead FHD Camera Binoculars have shared their opinions about the product being too delicate and not focusing properly.
The PowerLead digital camera binocular has a five megapixel camera on it that users compared to the quality of a slightly zoomed, older model handheld digital camera. Video fares a bit better than picture-taking with these digital binoculars, and the video is stored on micro SD cards, as opposed to internal memory.
- Magnification is 12x
- Minimum Focus is 8m
- LCD Display 2" and LTPS 4:3
- The distance of the exit pupil diameter is 8mm
- Exit Pupil diameter 3.8 mm
- Photo Formats: JPEG, Video Format: AVI
- Memory Card: Maximum is 32gb with a 2.0 USB Interface
- 12x32 Binocular specification
- Ability to record audio
- LCD Display that offers quick access to the device’s settings
- Stylish design
- Difficult to use when wearing glasses
The 12×25 mm Magnification, video-capturing Vivitar 8MP Digital Binocular Camera also provides users with a 4.6 degree angular field of view. It also offers the capability of taking a total of 160 images that are 8 megapixels in nature.
Users like the device for allowing them to view far off sports games in a manner that makes them feel as if they have the front row seats. Take note that the device is not able to record audio. The Vivitar Digital Binocular Camera is an affordable product if a person wants to record videos or take images of faraway objects during outdoor activities.
Users of the 8MP Digital Vivitar Camera have come to a consensus that is merely an ‘average’ product. One user of the Vivitar Binocular Camera shared his experience- According to him the product doesn’t deliver much compared to other similar products in the market.
It is good considering the price but it isn’t something that he would recommend. Another user of the Digital Binocular Vivitar Camera said that the software given with the product wouldn’t install.
Unboxing The Vivitar
- Affordable price
- Easy to carry around
- 4.6 Degree Angular Field of View
- Very short battery life of around an hour
- Trouble with installing the software
- Captured images are not sharp
- Doesn’t record audio
With an objective lens that is 25mm in diameter, and offering 1.3 million effective pixels the Pyrus Digital Camera Binoculars also provides users with a telescope range that is 3m, and a fixed focus range that is 50m.
It also has a USB 2.0 interface and TF card memory expansion. Keep in mind that you can only focus the right lens. Users love it for being lightweight, stylish, and easy to carry around wherever they go. The 1.3MP PYRUS Digital Camera Binoculars is an item everyone should have when they want to see nature up close or if they want to feel closer to a sports game or a concert.
Users of the PYRUS Camera Binoculars Video Recording have reached a consensus that is pretty positive.
One user of the 1.3 MP CMOS PYRUS Binocular Camera shared that he was able to capture high-quality images and record high-quality videos through the product. He also found the manual to be quite useful and full of relevant illustrations. A minority of the PYRUS Digital 10×25 Video Recording Binoculars users said that they couldn’t capture good quality images.
Unboxing The Pyrus
*Video demos the 12 x 32 Pyrus model, not the 10 x 25
- Can be mounted on a tripod
- Stylish design and very easy to carry around due to being lightweight
- Can be used to record audio, video, and to capture images
- Can only focus the right lens even though product says both lens can be focused
- Binoculars don’t open wide enough for some users
The elegant looking Eoncore 2’’ Digital Camera also features an LCD display that allows the user to access all of the functions offered with relative ease. It also combines an excellent all-optics binocular system with an HD video camera.
The users love the 12x magnification -32mm aperture. Keep in mind that it won’t work properly during the evening. The 12×32 5MP Video Photo Eoncore 2” Recorder is the perfect device to have when going out to experience being close to nature as well as for watching any sports game, or attending a concert.
Users of the Digital Camera Telescope Eoncore Binoculars have reached an overall positive consensus.
One user of the Digital 5MP Camera said that he was able to use the device properly during sunny days. The clarity was also very good for him. While another Eoncore 2” user praised the product he voiced the opinion that one has to make sure that the camera is capturing what is being through the binoculars because the lenses are different.
Unboxing The Eoncore
- Stylish Design and very easy to carry around due to being lightweight
- Offers 12xmagnification and 32mm aperture
- Capture high quality images
- Not good for using in the evening
- Tough to use while wearing glasses
- Need to make sure the camera is capturing what is being seen through the binoculars
What Are Buyers Saying?
The first pair of binoculars with camera we examined is manufactured by Pyrus. It includes that integrated LCD display enabling the viewers to access a variety of different functions and controls so that you can capture high definition video and photos on the fly.
It also features 12 X magnification with a 32 mm aperture binocular system, combining a high quality binocular system with a high-def digital video camera that is a great option for hikers, birdwatchers, hunters, fishermen, private detectives conducting surveillance, or anyone who enjoys the outdoors and wants to capture its magnificence.
- Buyers say that the LCD display does not need to be open in order to take pictures- but you will have to open up the screen if you want to turn the camera on, and then you shut it to take pictures without it flipped up.
- It does use a microSD card- these miniature SD cards provide memory storage capacity for housing videos and pictures, handy so that you can quickly import them to your computer.
- Buyers say that as a hybrid blend of binocular and camera, it is a convenient to use option with some drawbacks considering it's dual functionality.
- Reviewers tell us that the binoculars have optics that are independent from the camera, so what you view at 90 feet through the binoculars is not the same as what the camera sees. As well, the closer your subject is, the larger the offset- this means that the camera captures objects higher than the binocular's does.
- As well, reviewers say that this is really a hobbyist tool and that the quality of the photography at five megapixels is not the highest resolution- so if you're looking for high-res photography you'll want to purchase a dedicated camera for that.
- Other reviews say that the photo quality is all right, but not exceptional- with some buyers saying that it is a tad bit grainy.
- The integrated video camera with a 32 GB micro SD card is equipped to store a large variety of media- 11,400 JPEG photos, 32 HD movies or 65 standard definition movies.
- Birdwatchers tell us that it was an exceptional gift they received during the Christmas holidays- and by combining a digital camera with a pair of high-quality binoculars, dedicated birdwatchers can press a button and capture a magnificent footage of wildlife that previously they couldn't.
The second pair of digital camera binoculars we examined is manufactured by Power Lead- it's marketed towards outdoorsy people, individuals that are on adventure travels, conducting surveillance, concert goers who are high up in stadium seats, and people that enjoy hunting, birdwatching and fishing. This is a Macintosh compatible option because of its 2.0 USB interface.
- Reviewers praise the on-screen menus intuitiveness and ease of navigation.
- Others say that it provided a range of different options that included various capture modes, sequence toggles, white balance settings, different exposures settings, date stamp calibration as well as an anti-shaking option which is recommend it if you are not using a tripod.
- Photographers say that it has worked well in sunny environments as well as during rainy and cloudy days, providing professional and amateur photographers an interesting alternative to traditional cameras and binoculars.
- Buyers say the binoculars provide strong image clarity got up to 200 to 300 yards away- with a video camera equipped to capture a stills and video with the helpful addition of date stamps.
- Photographers said that the five megapixel camera isn't the highest resolution available, but it is a solid option for hobbyists who don't require professional-quality shoots.
The third pair of binocular cameras we examined is the eight megapixel Vivitar. It provides 12 x 25 mm magnification with a 4.6 field of view. It doesn't ship with an SD card so you'll have to purchase that on your own- though it does come with a shoulder strap, editing software, and a carrying case. It doesn't record audio- so in that respect is inferior to a traditional video camera.
- Reviewers were pretty much unimpressed with this option, criticizing the quality of the digital zoom and the inability of the eyepieces to spread out far enough to function as binoculars for an adult-sized ahead.
- Other buyers say that the focus wheel was difficult to turn and the LCD screen stopped working after only minimal use. Other buyers say that it doesn't zoom and has a cheap feel to its build, with AA batteries that are difficult to remove and insert.
The fourth pair of digital camera binoculars we examined is the 10 x 25 Pyrus pair. It's marketed as providing 10 X magnification with a 25 mm objective lens diameter, a telescoping focus range of 3 mm to infinity and photo file size resolution of 1280 x 960.
The last pair of digital camera binoculars we examined is the five megapixel 12 x 32 Eoncore.
Buyers were overall moderately satisfied with this option, with one purchaser telling us that he was initially confused because what you were looking through in the binoculars is is not what is in the camera's viewport. The zoom refers to the camera and not the binoculars themselves, so be aware of that prior to purchase.
Some old favorites
Below, we've included our old comparison table. Sadly, many of these products are no longer in stock, so we've upgraded the comparison table at the top of the page with in stock items.
If you are interested in purchasing a pair of digital binocular cameras you might be an adventure traveler or a bird watcher that wants to grab some compelling images of your outdoor exploits.
As we have seen, these are pretty useful and high-quality devices, but you can't expect to be snapping ultra HD quality images or taking groundbreaking video. If your expectations are more moderate than a National Geographic photographers, for instance, you can definitely capture some great video imagery of your trips or outdoor interests.
Inserting a micro-SD card, with the Pyrus digital camera binoculars, for instance- you can take up to 32 GB of imagery and video footage. All of which can be transferred to your computer to a USB.
It's unlikely that digital camera binoculars will advance in the near-term to overtake higher end digital SLR cameras with quality zoom features, but a digital camera binocular can be a great way to capture outdoor events that you don't have the time to photograph that occur with your expensive camera around your neck.
The anti-shake feature of the digital camera binoculars is a functionality that can help to improve photo and image clarity, with some users opting to use tripods instead to capture better quality imagery.
If you are interested in purchasing a pair of these video-equipped binoculars, check in on the comparison table above. It's also important to read the product pages to get a sense of the specific product specifications.
Shopping around you'll get a sense of what the best options are on the market and what other users are saying about how they have used the use binoculars- you can then figure out if a particular pair of binoculars is likely a quality purchase for you.