The 5 Best Portable Water Heaters [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Portable tankless water heaters a great way to provide hot water whether you are on a campsite or in your rustic cabin.
Generally they connect to propane tanks to heat the water and also require batteries to ignite the hot water heater.
The 13.8 lb., Eccotemp L5 tankless water heater and outdoor shower is our top pick- it can pump water out of the shower head from .5 gallons per minute to 1.4 GPM, includes an automatic ignition, auto shut-off after 20 minutes, and provides a 30-35 degree rise in temperature from your input water. It does require 20-80 PSI of water pressure to work.
Users have high praise for the Eccotemp, commending its incredible power and ability to supply hot showers on camp sites, remote ministries, and in particularly cold conditions.
The L5 Eccotemp ships with the heater body unit, a shower nozzle and hose set, a gas regulator, a vent shield, and a garden hose adapter.
Our Top Pick: The Eccotemp L5 Water Heater
Getting these portable propane-powered water heaters up and running can sometimes be a little tricky.
Many users say that it was useful to consult YouTube videos in addition to the native instruction manual to get a sense of the best way of installing their units.
That said, let's take a look at 5 of the best-selling portable tankless water heaters and showers on the market today and see how they compare.
- Our Top Pick: The Eccotemp L5 Water Heater
- Comparing The Options
- Top 5 Portable Water Heaters
- 1. The Eccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater and Outdoor Shower Review
- 2. The Camp Chef Triton Hot Water Heater Review (Out Of Stock)
- 3. The Coleman Oasis Portable Water Heater Review
- 4. The Eccotemp L10 Portable Outdoor Tankless Water Heater Review
- 5. The Coleman 2300A700 Portable Hot Water Heater Review
- Buying Guide
Comparing The Options
- CSA Safety Standard -CSA safety standard approved portable tankless water heater,flame failure device, anti-freezing protection, over heating protection to ensure the family safety. Automatically decrease water pressure between 3.0-110 PSI. The anti-freezing drain plug can discharge the residual water to avoid freezing in cold areas or in case of long time no use. The water heater will shut off automatically when high water temperature protection over 176 °F.
- CSA approved portable tankless water heater for US &Canada markets. Lowest water pressure start up just need 3.0 PSI! Also works great with Camplux 12V 1.2 GPM water pump. You don't need buy extra accessories,you can get 2 pcs extension hose and fittings,complete pump package all in one.
- Stable, Long Life to Use - gas tankless water heater outdoor with Stainless steel hose, Copper valve, 2mm thickness outer panel, keep it in long-life.
- Lightweight, Compact & Portable Design: The 10 pounds lightweight portable water heater's folding handle keeps it out of the way and enables easy setup outside.
- Compact,Light Weight Portable Design-12.8 (L)*6.1(W)*21.65(H) inch ,Weight-19 lb. Compact and portable design perfect for barns,cabins,outdoor instant hot shower and road trips.