The first contoured body pregnancy pillow we examined was the J-shaped option by Web Linens-it comes in white ivory burgundy and gray. It's designed to help relieve the carpal tunnel, heartburn, sciatica, nasal congestion, all while supporting the stomach and back.
As well, it's marketed towards expectant mothers- because this J-shaped pillow helps to cushion and support the back, easily tucking between the legs, it can be a comfortable way for pregnant women to sleep while cradling their bellies.
- This is a Chinese-made a pillow, with one reviewer who enjoys sleeping with three or more pillows for his ankles, knees, and head deciding to consolidate by purchasing this large and uniquely shaped option.
- He told us that it replaces all the pillows he was using before, saying that it doesn't take up as much space and the removable zip off washable cover makes it easy to toss in the washing machine when needed.
- Another reviewer told us that he was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is to use this J-shaped body pillow to sleep on his back, both his right and left sides, all while the pillow stays in place without moving.
- Another reviewer told us they purchased it to help keep them from rolling onto their back and sleeping at night- this was important for this pregnant woman because they believed that sleeping on the back deprives the in utero child of blood flow. It easily fit her king-size bed, with the only downside being that it prevents cuddling with your partner.
The second oversized down body pillow we examined is also manufactured by Web Linens- it is the oversized maternity pillow. This is not a curved hug pillow- instead, it is fully straight, a really long body pillow.
- Reviewers say that this is a great body pillow for tall people, with one buyer who stands over 6 foot 3 saying that it is a great fit for him.
- Unfortunately, reviewers have provided some mixed feedback, with one buyer telling us that it caused her headaches, which she blames on the fact that it doesn't completely conform to her body.
- In actuality, it's rather too crunchy and solid to feel comfortable sleeping with.
- However, some people are happy with it, saying that at 90 inches long it's great for tall individuals who like the springy filling material, which isn't exactly soft and doesn't hold the form over its 30-inch circumference.
The third body support pillow we examined is the Moonlight Slumber option- it is a U-shaped pillow, designed for sleepers to comfortably stretch out while supporting both sides of the body.
One of the benefits, the company says, is that it effectively cradles the body during rest, which decreases the incidence of turning and tossing, helping to keep your hips, shoulders, back and neck comfortably aligned for a complete night's rest. In addition, it's filled with what is called a Fusion Fiber- the manufacturers refer to it as a hypoallergenic fluffy and soft polyester polymer that is clump and lump resistant.
Unlike some of the other options we examined, this 10-pound pillow is made in the USA. In terms of washing of the pillow, you should launder it in a front-loading washing machine- and you should also add a tennis ball into it during the dry cycle so that the pillow fluff up.
- One buyer purchased it because he is overweight and tells us that as an obese individual it enables him to lay on his back with his hands tucked beneath his knees- a comfortable sleeping position for him considering his large size.
- While incredibly comfortable, on the downside since it is so large it's difficult to store, and if you like to make your bed up neat in the morning, this oversized U-shaped body pillow is hard to hide.
- Another buyer purchased it to help him with his acid reflux and snoring issues.
- Because of several shoulder injuries he had grown accustomed to sleeping on his back which exacerbated the acid reflux and the snoring- with this full hugger pillow he's now able to comfortably sleep on either his right or left side, decreasing his acid reflux and snoring.
- While expensive, most people who took the plunge and purchased it told us that they are satisfied with it- one hip pain sufferer says that it's been the best means of decreasing the chronic pain in her hips that she has experimented with.
The fourth option we examined was the C-shaped contoured maternity pillow- it comes in white, ivory, burgundy, chocolate, and gray. It's marketed towards expectant mothers who have a difficult time finding a comfortable resting position- the two contoured legs enable them to sleep on either their sides or their back.
The curved shape helps to relieve the pressure of a pregnant stomach. As well, the manufacturers say that you can tuck the body pillow between your knees, helping it to correctly align your hips and to comfortably elevate your head.
- One buyer endorsed it as an anti-snore pillow because since most snoring occurs when you are sleeping on your back if you are hugging this pillow.
- Even if you are somewhat rolled over towards a prone sleeping position, you'll be at a diagonal, which will reduce the incidence of snoring, some buyers say.
- One husband purchased it for his pregnant wife- she tells us that it has reduced her leg and back pain significantly since she began sleeping with it. Some buyers describe feeling like they are in a comfortable nest.
The last full body pillow we examined was manufactured by Leacho. It comes in ivory, sage, gray, brown, khaki and mauve colors. It's marketed towards people that have tons of pillows cluttering their beds and want to consolidate them into one single and dynamic option to support their stomach, neck, back and hips.
As well it's also marketed towards pregnant mothers, providing them the stomach support they need during their pregnancies. Indeed, another market that the Snoogle targets are people suffering from chronic pain disorders that affect the hip, the bad, the neck, as well as those dealing with arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Some buyers who purchased it told us that it has improved the quality of their sleep which has consequently enhanced their mood during the day- no longer do they feel as depressed or irritable as they used to.
- Another interesting experience we heard about was that people who are restless sleepers, their partners have benefited from their use of these body-conforming pillows.
- Essentially they function as a breakwater- a padded damn between the couples that helps divide them and enable both to get a better night's rest- one clutching the pillow, while the other spared getting kicked or kneed in the night.
- Other reviewers describe it as a massive pillow- great for pregnant wives who are determined to sleep on their sides during their pregnancy.
- Many husbands band together describing how happy and satisfied they're pregnant wives are using this pillow- it provides them a better quality of sleep, which makes them and consequently their husbands happier in their marriage.
Body pillows are renowned for providing complete body support, especially for side sleepers.
They are generally large enough to accommodate the full-length of the human body. Or at least from one's head to one's knees.
They enable you to have a place to rest your legs, arms, and head comfortably.They do come in a variety of different sizes, so you will definitely have plenty of selection to match how you like to sleep.
These body pillows are particularly popular with pregnant women who find them especially accommodating.