What Are Buyers Saying?
*The above video demonstrates the Homitt
The first reinforced magnetic screen door we took a look at is provided by Flux Phenom- it's designed for doors all the way up to those that measure 38" x 82". The manufacturer has marketed it as an easy to install, heavy duty mesh option that is kid and pet-friendly, ensuring that insects don't get in.
The way it works, it's middle seam is lined with magnetic cubes in a strip so that the door flaps open and close seamlessly. In addition, since it easily enables your pets to freely come and go, your screen doors will no longer suffer from cat or dog claw marks.
- It ships with Velcro tape so that you can attach it to vinyl- with some buyers saying they remove it seasonally so that in the winter they can simply take it down for storage.
- Another reviewer says that they have installed it on a relatively small passageway and they were able to pleat the sides so that they were folded to make it smaller, using metal clips to hold the pleats.
- Buyers were highly impressed with this option, saying that it was simple to install in their doorways and their dogs were quick to figure out how to work it.
- Indeed, reviewers say they can now safely open up their sliding glass doors in the summer for a circulating breeze because they know the interior of the home is protected from wasps, bees, mosquitoes and other annoying pests.
- Another buyer says that she has three small children and this reinforced magnetic screen door means she can keep her backyard patio sliding glass door open to allow her children to come and go.
- Another homeowner tells us that after a year of use the mesh developed a small hole- the buyer was amazed that they were able to redeem the lifetime warranty and receive a completely new magnetic screen door for nothing.
The second magnetic screen door we examined was the Homitt. It's designed for doors that are 36" x 82"- it's built with antioxidant, high-density mesh, ensuring that fresh air can freely circulate inside your home while preventing pests from getting in.
The bottom of the mesh curtain flaps are also lined with magnetic gravity sticks to ensure it doesn't blow and billow in the wind. It ships with a Velcro roll and pushpins and includes a 12 month warranty. They are quick to emphasize you should do some initial measurements- you'll want to assess your door frame and door and make a selection based on the outer diameter.
- Another thing that buyers should be aware of, if you have a metal door, the magnets will stick to it and the door won't close.
- Buyers say it is best to reinforce it using the included push pins or even a staple gun because adhesive tape can melt off in the summer.
- One buyer said that it was a relatively inexpensive and easy to install option- saying that you'll want to ensure that the width you purchase is accurate and the height as well to ensure there isn't a gap at the bottom of your door or a scrunched up a pile of mesh that makes opening and closing difficult.
The third magnetic screen door we examined is designed to fit doors up to 34" x 82" and includes reinforced magnetized edges that the manufacturer says will never suffer from gaps or breaks.
- One buyer says they were able to install it themselves without any additional help, that the instructions were simple to follow, the build quality was good, and it's easy to take down for a seasonal storage.
- Another buyer who has three large breed dogs who love the outdoors tells us that he was able to train his pets to nose through the center of this magnetic screen door so that they can come and go as they please and enjoy time out of doors exercising.
- Buyers say that they leave the velcro strips up over the winter months and reinstall the screen in the summer months.
The fourth magnetic screen door we took a look at is provided by Lux Screens- it's built with fiberglass mesh that is designed to fit doors up to 34" x 82". They warn buyers in advance that you want to have a 1 inch overlap surrounding the door opening so that you can attach the Velcro.
When you purchase, you'll receive the rip and pet proof fiberglass mesh screen door, a Velcro fixing kit, a tack fixing kit and a lifetime guarantee. Buyers were impressed by the ribbed tacks- plus since they are black very easily blend into the black Velcro.
One handy tip is that you'll want to clean the surface prior to applying the Velcro strip to ensure that it bonds securely. Homeowners say that the mesh is incredibly dense and strong, yet at the same time allows sunlight to pour into the house and a circulating breeze that is free of airborne insects.
The last option we examined was the Premium Choice Products magnetic screen door- they have provided a couple of different sizes-32 to 82, 34 to 82 and 36 to 82-inch configurations.
This polyester mesh option provides strong Velcro strips and pushpins utilizing a combination of magnetic blocks and strips sewn into the seam to ensure a gap-free doorway. The manufacturers are careful to emphasize the family friendliness of the screen door mesh curtain- saying that it frees you from the fear of disease-carrying insects enabling you to concentrate on family dinners. Plus you'll no longer have the aggravation of constantly closing the door after your children have filtered out into the backyard, forgetting to close the door behind them.
- One buyer advises that you should be careful with the metal pins you use to install the door- in her experience, they are prone to dislodging, which can pose a safety hazard to bare feet.
- Another reviewer had some difficulty getting it properly configured on his 36-inch door- he ended up having to install it on the inner lip area of the door frame, which meant that its sides were not as securely installed as they could've been.
- Another complaint was since the magnets are sewn into its seam it generated some apertures for insects to discover- and in this homeowner's opinion it would've been better to have externally mounted magnets for a tighter seam fit.
- Another homeowner who enjoys barbecuing with his family in the backyard estimates that on a daily basis his family of six go in and out of the door over 100 times- so purchasing of this mesh doorway was an efficient decision for them.