The 5 Best Heavy Duty Shower Curtains [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The two primary benefits of these heavy-duty shower curtains are that their added weight prevents annoying billowing while showering and they are generally engineered to be more mildew and bacteria-resistant (Source).
A shower curtain's thickness is denoted by different 'gauges'. A lower-numbered gauge like a 3 is relatively thin and flimsy, while a 15 is built for commercial purposes (Source).
The larger the gauge, the thicker and more resilient the shower curtain. The trade-off is that the thicker the curtain, there are less styles available, plus it becomes less maneuverable on the shower curtain rod (Source).
How To Prevent Shower Curtain Mold
Some of the rugged shower curtain liners function as standalone shower curtains- the distinction can be a bit muddled, from what we've seen. United Linens has a variety of 10-gauge colored options, while the majority are generally white, opaque or totally clear (Source).
In terms of sizing, for the most part they all measure around 70" X 70". The Wimaha curtain has the highest gauge at 15, with the rest being 10 gauge, except for the Clean Healthy living curtain, which doesn't have an indicated gauge.
Our Top Pick: The Epica 10-Gauge Shower Curtain
Buyers we spoke with told us that while a thick and rugged shower curtain, the Epica still hangs and slides easily. It has a quality feel and the reinforced grommets are strong.
For the most part, buyers say it doesn't emit a chemical odor out of the box. Homeowners told us, as well, that while all shower curtains will eventually collect bacteria, mold and soap scum, you can just toss it in a washing machine to scour it clean.
A strong curtain, it's held up for a long time, reviewers say. There are some other options available, but the Epica has received the best feedback, on average, from the users we spoke with concerning its durability, feel, and resistance to gross bathroom growths.
- Our Top Pick: The Epica 10-Gauge Shower Curtain
- Comparing The Options
- Best Heavy Duty Shower Curtains For 2020
- What Are Buyers Saying?
- DURABLE - This thick shower curtain liner can prevent deterioration, extending the useful life of the liner. This plastic shower curtain liner is made from EVA material, not fabric. You can also use it as a standalone shower curtain if you want to see through the clear curtain when taking a shower.
- Premium 10 Gauge super heavyweight Vinyl shower liner - no magnets needed
- Hotel Luxury: Soft waffle-weave shower curtain with diamond pattern evokes a luxurious, spa-like feel, brings luxury hotel style to your bath
- HEAVY DUTY -The shower curtain is extremely thick, sturdy and strong and it does not fly in or move with air flow, also won’t stick to you when showering. It has 3 magnets on the bottom to keep the liner in place and absolutely no water gets out onto the floor.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY - Made of heavy-duty polyester fabric. 240GSM (Gram Per Square Meter). About 1.2 pounds heavier than normal 90GSM fabric shower curtains. It feels soft and comfortable, no smell, no-blowing, withstands moist bathroom. Premium quality ensures lasting use.