The 5 Best Ultrasonic Cleaners [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ultrasonic cleaning machines are powerful ways to gently and effectively remove grime and dirt from delicate items like dentures, eyeglasses, jewelry, and even hardier objects like personal handguns without causing them to be damaged.
They have home and commercial applications, producing professional-quality cleaning results in a relatively short time.
If you are buying one for your own home, many users that we have polled describe how the units have paid for themselves very quickly.
Instead of having to take all of your fine jewelry in to be cleaned every couple of months, you can get the same results at home, whenever you want, at a fraction of the cost.
Our Top Pick: The Magnasonic Cleaner
- Cleans dirty jewelry, eyeglasses, watches, utensils and more in minutes using only tap water
And, besides that, if you want to ultrasonically clean a pair of dentures, it's a lot more convenient and discreet to have a home unit do this for you than bringing it into some expensive specialist.
The Magasonic employs a spacious 20 oz stainless steel tank (measuring 5.4 x 3.6 x 2.1 inches). It's designed to clean clean both your small rings and bulkier eyeglasses.
The way it works- you fill the tank with water and it can work its magic in just 3 minutes.
Magnasonic Video Overview
It uses 42,000 ultrasonic energy waves per second. These high-speed energy vibrations are designed to restore luster to even the grimiest, dirt-caked metal.
Let's take a look at 5 of the best-selling ultrasonic cleansing machines on the market today and see how they compare.
- Our Top Pick: The Magnasonic Cleaner
- Comparing Them
- The Five Best Ultrasonic Cleaners
- Ultrasonic Buying Guide
- What Are The Benefits?
- How Do They Work?
- Our Five Past Favorites
- Final thoughts
- PRODUCT PARAMETERS -- ultrasonic power: 120w; heating power: 100w; capacity 3 liters( Actual capacity:2.8L ); temperature setting range: 20-80 degrees Celsius, time setting range: 1 - 30 minutes
- Cleans dirty jewelry, eyeglasses, watches, utensils and more in minutes using only tap water
- ABOX GT-F6 generates 40000Hz of ultrasonic wave that deeply and gently removes dirt & grime, getting deep into most difficult areas and without any damage
- Strong Cleaning Power-----6 industrial grade ultrasonic transducers (6x60 W=360W), easily and thoroughly cleans your valuables and small items; designed with latest technologies, this professional ultrasonic cleaner is expert in cleaning, maintenance and more, which makes the digital cleaning machine accommodate users’ different needs.
- POWERFUL CLEANER - The machine cleans parts with technology of ultrasonic vibration, which features great cleanability for small items with complex construction or irregular shape; 2 powerful industrial-grade 60W ultrasonic transducers (2 x 60W = 120W) make clean easy and thorough
The Five Best Ultrasonic Cleaners
This 42,000 Hz, 20 oz., stainless steel tank ultrasonic cleaner is an effective product that professionally cleans jewelry in 3 minutes. Its users love the LED illuminated cleaning tank, which can clean a variety of objects including watches, utensils, dentures, razor blades and eyeglasses, but also find that cleaning the tank can be a messy job. This ultrasonic cleaner is a good choice to consider if you want a ultrasonic system that cleans well, but is a tad noisy and messy to clean up.
Magnasonic Video Review
- Easy and quick to clean objects
- Household dishwashing liquid can be used to get items clean
- Design is quality and made of sturdy stainless steel tank
- Tank is lit with LED and it also signals when the tank is in use
- Since the tray is not detachable, it is messy to clean the entire tank
- A little noisy while functioning
- Needs several cleaning cycles to achieve the desired cleaning
This 2L, moisture and corrosion-proof Flexzion ultrasonic cleaner is a well-built cleaner for commercial use that has a powerful heating mechanism to provide ultra-powerful cleaning. Its users love the water-proof and corrosion-resistant ultrasonic transducer that works on several different types of materials, but also note that the heating mechanism does not work independently, and needs the ultrasonic feature to work effectively. The digital Flexzion ultrasonic cleaning machine is an especially solid choice if you are in need of a large-capacity cleaner for your hospital or lab to clean instruments.
- The ultrasonic cleaner cleans tough stains on objects such as pistols, print heads and others
- Large capacity enables cleaning more quantity at a time
- Compact and convenient to use
- Reasonable price tag
- Does not pre-heat the cleaning solution. Heats only when the ultrasonic feature is on so takes more time to reach the required temperature
- Does not come with any usage instructions except for the labels present on the machine
This 17 oz., Ivation ultrasonic cleaner is an effective cleaner that has five different digital settings for cleaning. Its users find the removable feature of the water tank very convenient for filling and cleaning, but also note that the water level has to be monitored for an effective and safe cleaning. The Ivation ultrasonic digital cleaner has three adjustable power levels for cleaning delicate and less delicate items. The IVUC96S Ivation ultrasonic adjustable cleaner is a great product to buy if you are looking for an affordable and multipurpose ultrasonic cleaner.
- Large size enables cleaning multiple items at a time
- Variable time and power settings help to clean various different objects easily
- Removable tank makes it safe and easy to clean
- The timer setting can be set up to a maximum of 8 minutes
- Some users say that the unit can overheat
- Water level and detergent type should be chosen carefully to prevent damage to the tank and electric connection
This 20 oz. 42,000-cycle ultrasonic cleaner is a great cleaning system that takes care of the stubborn stains, grime and dirt on your valued objects including watches, eyeglasses and jewelry. Its users like the fast cleaning mechanism with transparent cover and illuminated tank, but do note that the cleaner can be too harsh on delicate jewelry. This ultrasonic cleaner is an effective option, if you want to remove tough grime and dirt from items such as watches, eyeglasses and precious coins, but not for fine detailed jewelry.
- Cheap price
- Takes one or two cycles only to remove tough stains and dirt
- Compact and stylish to look at
- Ultrasonic cleaning is great for everyday use
- Improper cleaning solution can cause damage to the unit and the objects you are cleaning it with
- Instructions are not proper as to which solution to be used
- Should not be used to clean tinted glasses
- Not ideal for commercial applications
This 1400 ml, 60 watts, Ultrasonic Cleaner is a well-built model that works effectively on DVDs, CDs and video-game disks, too. Its users love the large-capacity, stainless steel tank, but also note that it does not work as effectively for cleaning cycles of longer durations. This Pro- Large jewelry cleaner comes with a wristwatch adapter, CD holder and cleaning basket. It has 6 adjustable working cycles to ensure a thorough cleaning. The jewelry watch cleaner is an efficient cleaner to buy if you are looking for a powerful cleaner that is quiet and relatively hassle-free to use.
- Adjustable timer eliminates need for multiple cycles for cleaning
- Quiet during operation
- Does not leak
- Cleans deep crevices effectively
- Some users complain that the timer feature does not work properly
- Difficult to set operating cycles of longer duration
- Does not have a separate heater
- Quality is not very good, prone to cracks
Ultrasonic Buying Guide
What Are The Benefits?
- Modern ultrasonic machines are easy to operate
- They have a pretty high ROI because now you can avoid expensive cleaning at repair shops
- Wide variety of applications from necklaces, eyeglasses, silverware to handguns and toothbrushes
- Quick operation that only uses tapwater for great results
- Most ultrasonic cleansers, with stainless steel tanks, digital programming with different cycles to choose from, a cleaning basket, a CD holder, a wristwatch adapter as well as solid warranties.
- Many customers were surprised by the low price and high-performance of the units they purchased.
How Do They Work?
What Are Users Saying?
We scoured some popular eCommerce platforms and aggregated common user feedback. Check out what we found below- it should help inform your purchase decision.
One user has written of how annoying it was to hand scrub the jewelry over the sink, constantly concerned that they would drop it down the drain. The Magnasonic ultrasonic cleaner did multiple pieces of jewelry at a time, very quickly, and she watched the dirt stream off of jewelry she thought her hand cleaning had been effective on.
A nurse writes that her heavy use of sanitizer in a hospital environment had severely tarnished her wedding ring.
She purchased the Magnasonic cleaner, put her pear-shaped stone in the hopper with a bit of Dawn soap, and after 3 cycles came out looking brand new. A retired dentist had used a professional-quality ultrasonic cleaner in his practice for many years. After retiring he purchased the Magnasonic to keep his wife's dirty jewelry that had become caked with soap scum clean.
Some users preferred larger, more commercial-grade ultrasonic cleaners like the Flexion. One user describes using the Flexion for cleaning gun parts to remove tough fouling. One of the primary advantages of a commercial-grade ultrasonic cleanser is increased strength and extra large capacity.
Our Five Past Favorites
These are some of our previous top picks- check out our comparison table at the top of the page for our up-to-date selections.
|Ultrasonic cleaners||Our Rating||Price|
|The Magnasonic Professional Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner||4.4||$|
|The Flexzion Commercial Ultrasonic Cleaner||3.0||$$$|
|The Ivation Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner||4.3||$|
|The Sonic Wave Ultrasonic Cleaner||4.1||$|
|The Pro Large Ultrasonic Cleaner||3.6||$$|
If you're looking to purchase a quality ultrasonic cleaner, whether you are going to use it for dentures or for commercial and industrial ultrasonic cleaning, take a look at our comparison table to judge the different models side-by-side.
Also be sure to read the ultrasonic cleanser reviews that we have compiled on this page- they are a great starting point for you in your search for the best product.