The 5 Best Truck Bed Air Mattresses [Ranked]
Truck bed air mattresses are specially designed to fit over wheel wells in truck beds to provide comfortable sleeping areas for outdoor enthusiasts (Source).
They come with either integrated or external air pumps that plug into your vehicle's charging port (Source).
They come in a range of sizes to accommodate both mid and full-size trucks (Source). Many of these inflatable mattresses, however, are prone to frustrating deflation issues.
- PPI-301: For a full-Sized long bed (8')
- PPI-302: For a full-sized short bed (6-6.5')
- PPI-303: For a mid-sized short bed (6-6.5') (Source)
You can actually purchase wheel-well inserts to convert it to a traditional air mattress for home use.
Our Top Pick: The AirBedz Pro3
- Designed to fit around and over the wheel wells of your pick-up creating a sleep area that utilizes the entire truck bed.
The YouTuber says that the AirBedz Pro 3 truck bed air mattress is available to fit your 6 to 6-1/2' midsize and full size truck bed, and it's also available to fit your 8' truck bed.
He says it's an ideal sleeping solution for camping:
- The AirBedz Pro3 is engineered to mold over and around your truck's wheel wells to create a sleeping area.
- It charges using a 12V cigarette lighter and includes an integrated air pump to inflate and deflate it by flipping a switch.
- Its fabric is designed for comfort and to provide a grip so bed sheets don't slip off.
- You can also purchase wheel well inserts to convert it for standard home use.
Best Truck Bed Mattresses For 2023
This truck air mattress offered by AirBedz Lite is comfortable, well-made and an excellent choice for anyone who travels a lot. Users love the portable DC air pump with a 16’ cord, but some do note that the mattress is made in China.
The AirBedz Lite 6’-8’ truck bed mattress measures 76” x 63” x 12” when inflated, and it features a high-grade PVC material. Another great thing about this truck air mattress is the integrated coil system distributes the weight evenly for a good night’s sleep. Moreover, the mattress has cutouts on each side to fit the wheel wells and to accommodate the whole truck bed.
In general, users have a high opinion of the AirBedz truck bed mattress, and they praise its durability and the comfortable design. A buyer comments that the truck air bed doesn’t take much space when it’s packed and that the material is top-notched. He adds that the bed inflates very quickly and that the air pump has a deflate assist option.
Another user observes that the AirBedz mattress fits his 2000 Chevy F150 perfectly and that he doesn’t have any issues with leaking. A reviewer adds that the truck bed is almost as comfortable as his own bed, and he highly recommends it.
However, some customers have said that the inflatable mattress deflates overnight and that it leaks. Some also state that the bed arrived damaged.
Installing The Airbedz
- A DC air pump
- High-grade PVC material
- An integrated coil system
- Deflates quickly according to some users
- Leakage complaints
This extended travel mattress for trucks offered by Wolfwill is well-designed, easy to carry and convenient for long camping trips. Users love that the air mattress deflates and inflates for two minutes, but some do note that the air pump cord is short.
The Wolfwill SUV air mattress measures 11” x 9.4” x 6” when folded and 71-59” x 51 – 46.5” x 2-4.7” when unfolded, and it’s made of breathable, eco-friendly, non-toxic PVC material. Another great thing about this car cushion bed is that it consists of three parts which you can inflate separately, and you can also adjust the inflation volume.
The package includes a 12V car electric air pump and a maintenance package with two patches.
A reviewer mentions that he slept more comfortably than he expected and that the Wolfwill SUV inflatable bed fits his Subaru Forrester with no issues. He adds that the pump could be better designed.
Another user states that he highly recommends the Wolfwill air mattress for SUV as one of the best travel inflatable beds and that it’s perfect for a 2012 Jeep Unlimited 4dr. A buyer also observes that the bed inflates very quickly and that it’s one of the softest mattresses that he has ever encounter.
However, one customer has said that the inflatable car bed didn’t fit his Expedition well and that there were 9 inches to spare on the sides.
Installing The Wolfwill
- Inflates and deflates quickly
- Parts that could be inflated separately
- Adjustable inflation volume
- Eco-friendly material
- An air pump
- Short air pump cord
- Some quality complaints
If you are looking for an affordable inflatable truck bed, you might take a look at this 5’- 6’ air mattress. Users love the side storage design which allows them to keep their personal stuff close, but some do note that it’s made in China.
The Rightline mid-size truck air mattress measures 76” x 44” x 7” when inflated, and it features heavy-duty PVC construction, a comfortable flocked top surface, and an O-beam support for extra comfort. Another great thing about this truck bed air mattress is that you can fold it up into a stuff sack, and it comes with a 12V air pump for quick inflation.
The package also contains a patch kit, a stuff sack, and a setup guide. The mattress is also offered in a full-size truck model.
- Side storage design
- Heavy-duty PVC material
- A flocked top surface
- An O-beam
- An air pump
- Made in China
This AirBedz blue truck air mattress offered by Pittman Outdoors is easy to inflate, sturdy, and multi-functional. Users love the built-in rechargeable pump for quick inflation and deflation, but some do note that they had issues with the battery.
The Pittman Outdoors 5.5’ truck bed air mattress measures 68″ x 63.5″ x 12″, and it features a comfort coil system, which distributes the weight evenly, heavy-duty construction, and a puncture-resistant surface.
Another great thing about this mattress is that you can inflate or deflate it by flipping a switch, and it fits around and over the wheels wells to create a comfortable sleeping space. The package also includes an A/C home charger.
A customer shares that he has been using the Pittman AirBedz truck bed for several months and that he has encountered no leaks. He adds that the pump’s battery last for one inflation and one deflation, but he still recommends the Pittman inflatable car bed as one of the best camping air mattresses.
Another reviewer observes that the 5.5’ truck air bed exceeded his expectation in terms of durability and that it fits his F-150 Supercrew Cab perfectly. A buyer also states that the bed inflates for seconds and that it’s very comfortable and soft. However, some customers have said that it leaks and that it doesn’t stay inflated for long.
The Airbedz On Shark Tank
- A built-in pump
- A coil system
- Heavy-duty material
- An A/C charger
- Leakage complaints
- Battery issues for some customers
If you want to have a comfortable sleeping surface at your disposal when you’re on a long camping trip, you might take a look at this truck air mattress offered by AirBedz.
Users love the soft fabric top that keeps linens from sliding, but some do note that the wheel well inserts are not included in the package. The AirBedz Pro3 air mattress measures 12” x 76” x 63.5”, and it features an integrated coil system for extra comfort and a built-in pump that you can connect to your 12 V cigarette lighter.
Another great thing about this truck mattress is that you can pair it with inflatable wheel well inserts and use it as a regular air bed.
An online reviewer observes that the AirBedz truck bed mattress is very comfortable and that it stays inflated without leaking.
He shares that he has been using it for several months with no issues. Another buyer comments that the quality of the mattress is supreme and that the pump’s cord is long and reaches his dashboard.
He highly recommends this as the best truck bed air mattress. A user also states that the mattress fits his truck perfect and that it takes seconds to set it up.
- A soft fabric top
- An integrated coil system
- A built-in pump
- Wheel well inserts are sold separately
What Are Buyers Saying?
The first truck bed blow up mattress we examined is manufactured by AirBedz Lite. It comes in full and shorts sizes. The short size inflates to 76" x 63" x 12" and the full size inflates to 72" x 55" x 12".
It molds over wheel wells, features a proprietary coil system so that body weight is evenly distributed, and ships with a portable air pump. It's marketed as an air mattress for full-size, midsize and compact trucks that have both short and long layouts.
It creates a comfortable sleeping area within the truck bed- this is great if you enjoy camping, off roading, fishing, hunting or riding your motocross bike.
- Some buyers say that you can't use it outside of the truck bed, but because of the fender and wheel well cut outs you need to insert something in there if you are just on the floor.
- They've produced a handy guide that outlines its ability to fit in a Chevrolet Colorado, Dodge Dakota, ford ranger, GMC Canyon, GMC Sonoma, Honda ridgeline, Isuzu hombre, Mazda B Series, Mitsubishi Raider, Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma trucks.
- One truck owner says he was able to set it up in under 10 minutes and that it folds up pretty compactly.
- There has been some mixed feedback for this option- one buyer complains that the size specifications for a Chevy Silverado were incorrect.
- Another buyer says that for two people it was kind of tight and they ended up falling into the wheel well as they slept.
- Another problem, buyers say that because this solution is designed to fit truck beds generically, instead of specifically, it doesn't achieve a custom fit and it's likely not to be a truly tailored solution.
- Another buyer complained that it is a low-quality build and they are decided to just stuff a regular old air mattress into the back of their truck- though they say if you could discover a perfect fit using this option it might be worth the money.
The second blow up mattress for trucks we examined is provided by Wolfwill. This one is a little bit different- it's made for sports utility vehicles. Because the mattress has three different parts that inflate individually, meaning that you can adjust each section independently.
It's built from and ecologically friendly material, they say, a PVC material that is marketed as non-toxic without an odor. In terms of ongoing maintenance, you don't want it to be stored in the especially cold or hot areas and you should avoid smoking while on it or exposing it to sharp objects.
As well, they say that the cushion inflates and lasts about 10 hours before it needs to be reinflated. The air pump plugs into your car charger.
- This option has received primarily positive feedback- one buyer installed in his Subaru Forrester as they were on a road trip- they found that while it was a little bit tight, they were able to get a comfortable night's sleep.
- One buyer who weighs over 250 pounds complained that after several uses the mattress started deflating faster and faster so that over the course of the night he found himself having to reinflate.
The third truck bed air mattress we examined is manufactured by Rightline Gear- it's marketed towards mid-sized and full-size trucks. It has a two adult capacity and is engineered to fit in between your vehicle's wheel wells with a little bit extra space for side storage of camping gear, travel accessories etc. It ships with a 12 V air pump that they say will help you to inflate or deflate the mattress in a matter of seconds.
The fourth truck bed blow up air mattress we examined is provided by Pittman Outdoors. It comes in a variety of sizes designed to accommodate both mid-size and full-size truck beds, fitting over wheel wells to create a comfortable sleeping area that fills out to the entire space of your vehicle's bed.
It features an integrated pump that enables it to inflate and deflate with a switch flip. This rechargeable pump is powered by a charger that can be powered while on the road from your vehicles car charging port.
- There is some mixed feedback for this particular option- one reviewer complains that it began deflating in under an hour after he had tried to sleep on it.
- Another reviewer had a similar experience, finding that it was prone it to an unexpected deflation which exacerbated his lower lumbar back pain issues.
- Another truck owner tells us that his experienced a flap release valve leak that he attributes to cold weather issues, though while it worked he praises the pump's capabilities and the length it holds a battery charge.
- There were a couple of satisfied buyers who used it in a crew cab truck and praise its rugged fabric, how quickly the integrated inflation units filled up the mattress and the quality of the fit.
The last truck bed air mattress we examined was another AirBedz option. It comes in three different sizes to accommodate midsize in full-size trucks- engineered to mold over wheel wells and produce a comfortable sleeping space for outdoor adventurers.
This option has received primarily positive feedback- buyers say that it has not experienced the deflation issues that plagues many of the other options on the market. In addition, reviewers appreciate that the power cord is extra long, able to reach all the way from the dashboard to the tailgate.