The 5 Best Toilet Seat Cushions [Ranked]
A hard plastic toilet seat can be extremely uncomfortable if you or a loved one are in pain, recovering from a surgery or just need some extra cushioning when sitting.
A cushioned toilet seat riser can provide needed elevation and padding in a pinch.
Take a look at some of our top toilet cushion riser picks and scroll down further to read our review of the top pick, the Duro-Med 4 Inch Toilet Seat Cushion.
(Check out our bedside commode reviews for another style of toilet option)
|Thumbnail||Toilet Seat Cushions||Manufacturer||Price||Our Rating||Dimensions (Length X Width X Depth)||Weight|
|Premier Comfort Toilet Seat Cushion||Comfort||$$||4.7||19" x 14" x 4"||2lbs|
|Duro-Med Vinyl Foam Toilet Seat Cushion||Duro-Med||$||3.5||16.2" x 12.5" x 2"||0.6lbs|
|Medline Padded Toilet Seat Cushion||Medline||$||2.5||17" x 13" x 4"||1.45lbs|
|Roho Toilet Seat Cushion||Roho||$$$||3.5||15.8" x 7.8" x 2.2"||0.46lbs|
|EasyComforts Toilet Seat Cushion||EasyComforts||$||2.2||16" x 7.8" x 4"||1lb|
Bathroom safety tips for the elderly
What are customers saying?
- Customers with fibromyalgia, endometriosis, back pain, spinal fusions and other medical issues looking for bathroom comfort aids find that toilet seat cushion risers are an effective way of adding comfort to their bathroom experience.
- Some users found it difficult to attach the toilet cushion riser to their toilet, but in most cases it was because their toilets were non-standard.
- Many children of older parents living in assisted living communities purchase toilet seat cushion risers and other bathroom comfort products to help their elderly relatives to be more comfortable and fulfilling life.
- Besides just the elderly, many people that are having surgery, or have had a surgical intervention, or are just afflicted with a temporary medical malady will find that these are handy interim solutions.
- They are cheap enough to buy and dispose of after several weeks of use.
- The most common problem that people have with these products besides general issues affixing them to their toilet seat lids is that the cushions will deflate and become flimsy upon sitting.
- This is why we recommend getting the 4 inch version so that when sitting there is still enough cushioning left to minimize pain on pressure points.
- Bone up on bathroom safety tips if you are dealing with an elderly person
- You can also use them with portable toilets- handy if go camping or on RV trips.
If you are looking to purchase a padded toilet riser, consider getting a 4 inch version. Also read the reviews on this page to get a sense of what would best fit your needs. Purchasing front and the retailers like Amazon is a smart option because of the free shipping and easy return process should you need to exchange your item for a better option.