What Are Buyers Saying?
The AquaBliss Universal Shower Filter
The first universal shower filter we examined was the AquaBliss universal option. It's marketed as a way to purify shower water, help to revitalize dry and itchy skin, installing in under 10 minutes with easily replaceable filters.
It's marketed especially towards people with skin, nail and hair issues, potentially decreasing the incidence of eczema, dandruff and generally dry and flaky skin. The way it works is that the shower filtration head is able to purge chlorine and other types of toxic impurities, straining out a variety of heavy metals like nickel, lead, mercury, chromium, all a while inhibiting the proliferation of gross fungi and bacteria.
Once installed, the manufacturer says that the water will begin to feel a bit softer, that your hair shampoo and body soap will lather up more quickly, and the benefits will redound to your hair and skin.
- Buyers tell us that this will work with handheld showers, saying that it is easy to install.
- One of the best aspects, reviewers say, is that it's able to remove foul smells from the bathroom- this includes a variety of different unpleasant water odors, with one buyer saying that the sulfur smell that had plagued their home's bathroom was immediately eliminated after install.
- Homeowners say that it's best to swap out the filters every six months- with experienced buyers saying that it hasn't decreased their water pressure, either.
- One purchaser told us that he is satisfied with its effects but does say that once installed, because it measures about 6 inches long, that it will lower the height of your shower head a bit- potentially a problem if you are particularly tall.
- Another reviewer who suffered from pimples, acne and an itchy scalp told us that after installing he has noticed a positive influence on the surface of his skin- it is not as dry or irritable and he anticipates that it will help decrease his dermatological aggravations.
- Another reviewer purchased it to deal with a condominium showerhead with hard water issues that was ruining her hair.
The Culligan Wall/Handheld Shower Filter
The second shower head filter we examined was manufactured by Culligan and it comes in either wall-mounted or handheld configurations. The wall-mounted and hand-held option are advertised as meeting the Environmental Protection Agency's Water Sense Certification standard.
The filter is designed to deal with chlorine and sulfur odors, capable of filtering 10,000 gallons of water before requiring a replacement and providing benefits to skin, hair, and nails.
The wall-mounted option is designed to install on a half inch threaded shower arm. It's marketed as a means of reducing harmful impurities to provide an enhanced showering experience that is cleaner and more refreshing, with five different shower spray settings for enhanced customization.
One important note, before you begin using it, you should run some water through it for around 10 minutes so that the filter ration cartridge is completely flushed and different filtering media expunged.
- Buyers say they're able to remove the flow restrictor because they didn't want their shower pressure flow restricted after install.
- Another buyer had a unique dilemma, telling us that his shower was prone to rust, with his grout becoming an orange.
- Purchasing this filtration option decreased the amount of orange film in his bathroom as well as the rusting of his shower curtain rods- though a heavy duty shower curtain also helped.
- A female buyer told us that it greatly improved her dry and damaged hair, telling us that her old set up caused her hair to begin to feel like straw- she blames this on hard water issues that this shower filter has effectively eliminated, producing dramatically positive benefits to her hair.
The Keepo 4-Stage Shower Filter
The third universal shower filter we examined his manufactured by Keepo. It is a universal option that includes an integrated 4-stage filter cartridge that causes shower head water to travel through a metal net, activated carbon, and polyester fiber. It's marketed as an easy install for a variety of different showers, whether you have a handheld, rain or fixed style.
This particular option ships with two extra replaceable cartridges and has a 12-month warranty.
- One buyer observed that after installing it, they don't need to apply as much skin moisturizer as they used to- they attributed it to this shower head filter's reduction of hard water.
- Another buyer who complained about New York City hard water issues tells us that it slightly decreased the water pressure over time, which he attributes to the build-up of sediment and other nasty toxins in the filter.
The Singoracer Bioactive Shower Filter
The fourth hand held shower we examined is manufactured by Singoracer. It's a bit different than other models- it includes bioactive minerals inside of its casing that you can see- and it is a three filter option. It can provide massage, jetting and rainfall shower settings, easily installing within spa showers or common bathroom areas.
The ZenFresh Negative Ion Shower Filter
The last showerhead filter we examined is manufactured by ZenFresh- it provides a filtered body spray designed to refresh and rejuvenate your skin built with a laser-perforated technology to help save water. They tell us that its negative ion mineralized beads designed to help enhance mineral nutrient absorption while also purifying water using three layers of mineralized spheres.
- Buyers say that it only provides one type of spray- a fixed spray that has a rain-like stream on the outer circumference with a higher pressure jet in the middle.
- Buyers have provided somewhat mixed feedback, with some complaining about its durability- noting that it developed hairline cracks after only several months of use.