The 5 Best Propane Torches [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In this post we examine five of the best-selling handheld propane torches.
A propane torch, or blow lamp, are handheld torches that use the hydrocarbon gas propane as fuel (Source).
They're most commonly used in the construction, manufacturing, metal-working and construction industries (Source).
These torch kits are also great for home use- scorching weeds, removing paint from non-flammable surfaces, and melting snow (Source).
Anywhere you need a small torch with a strong, controllable flame.
How Do They Compare
If you're looking for a trigger start propane torch, check out the Bernzomatic TS8000, the Greenwood, the Worthington and the Mag-Torch. The BernzOmatic UL2317 uses a turn valve and is the only hand-held burner that is manual as opposed to auto-start.
Our Top Pick: The Bernzomatic High Intensity Trigger Start Torch
- The Bernzomatic TS8000 employs an auto start & stop ignition to quickly ignite and extinguish the flame
- Its ultra swirl flame is commonly used for brazing, heat treating, large diameter soldering, and light welding
- It employs an adjustable flame control knob so you can switch between different torch tanks
- Because it's pressure regulated, it works when it's temporarily inverted or tilted
Video Overview: The Bernzomatic
- How Do They Compare
- Our Top Pick: The Bernzomatic High Intensity Trigger Start Torch
- Comparing Them
- Best Propane Torches For 2021
- 1. The Bernzomatic (TS8000) High Intensity Trigger Start Propane Torch Review
- 2. The BernzOmatic (UL2317) Brass Pencil Flame Propane Torch Review
- 3. The Greenwood Steel Nozzle Propane Torch Review
- 4. The Worthington (WT2301) Trigger Start Propane Torch Review
- 5. The Mag-Torch (MT535C) Self-Lighting Regulated Torch Review
- Buying Guide
|Propane Torch||Our Rating||Price ($)||Self Lighting?|
|The Bernzomatic (TS8000) High Intensity Trigger Start Propane Torch||4.7||$$||Yes|
|The BernzOmatic (UL2317) Brass Pencil Flame Propane Torch||4.2||$||No (manual start)|
|The Worthington (WT2301) Trigger Start Propane Torch||3.4||$||Yes|
|The Mag-Torch (MT535C) Self-Lighting Regulated Torch||4.3||$||Yes|