The 5 Best Portable Water Heaters [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Portable tankless water heaters a great way to provide hot water whether you are on a campsite or in your rustic cabin.
Generally they connect to propane tanks to heat the water and also require batteries to ignite the hot water heater.
The 13.8 lb., Eccotemp L5 tankless water heater and outdoor shower is our top pick- it can pump water out of the shower head from .5 gallons per minute to 1.4 GPM, includes an automatic ignition, auto shut-off after 20 minutes, and provides a 30-35 degree rise in temperature from your input water. It does require 20-80 PSI of water pressure to work.
Users have high praise for the Eccotemp, commending its incredible power and ability to supply hot showers on camp sites, remote ministries, and in particularly cold conditions.
The L5 Eccotemp ships with the heater body unit, a shower nozzle and hose set, a gas regulator, a vent shield, and a garden hose adapter.
Our Top Pick: The Eccotemp L5 Water Heater
Getting these portable propane-powered water heaters up and running can sometimes be a little tricky.
Many users say that it was useful to consult YouTube videos in addition to the native instruction manual to get a sense of the best way of installing their units.
That said, let's take a look at 5 of the best-selling portable tankless water heaters and showers on the market today and see how they compare.
- Our Top Pick: The Eccotemp L5 Water Heater
- Comparing The Options
- Top 5 Portable Water Heaters
- 1. The Eccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater and Outdoor Shower Review
- 2. The Camp Chef Triton Hot Water Heater Review (Out Of Stock)
- 3. The Coleman Oasis Portable Water Heater Review
- 4. The Eccotemp L10 Portable Outdoor Tankless Water Heater Review
- 5. The Coleman 2300A700 Portable Hot Water Heater Review
- Buying Guide
Comparing The Options
- CSA Safety Standard -CSA safety standard approved portable tankless water heater,flame failure device, anti-freezing protection, over heating protection to ensure the family safety. Automatically decrease water pressure between 3.0-110 PSI. The anti-freezing drain plug can discharge the residual water to avoid freezing in cold areas or in case of long time no use. The water heater will shut off automatically when high water temperature protection over 176 °F.
- Fully adjustable control knobs and visual digital meter - Winter/Summer Setting, MIN/MAX Gas Setting, MAX/MIN Water Flow Rate Setting, Digital Water Temperature Meter
- 🎁【CSA Approved Safety 】CSA approved Gasland tankless water heater, safe as per Canadian and US Standard. Flame failure device, anti-freezing protection, over heating protection to ensure the family safety. Automatically decrease water pressure between 3.6-110PSI. The anti-freezing drain plug can discharge the residual water to avoid freezing in cold areas or in case of long time no use. High water temperature protection over 167 °F. Shut off gas supply automatically under unexpectable flameout.
- Portable Design: The portable propane water heater with portable and handle, weights only 14lbs.
- Easy To Install -It only takes you 5 minutes to set up and it comes with all necessary accesories.To avoid gas leakage caused by improper sealing of the water heater, DO NOT TWINE TEFLON TAPE between gas regulator and gas inlet pipe. The tankless water heater will "caught on fire "with improper operation. Always check gas leakage before operation.
Top 5 Portable Water Heaters
We are a team of product researchers that specializes in assembling comprehensive buying guides. Our team has a variety of backgrounds, with a mixture of soft and hard sciences represented. Check out our About page to read more about our reviews and editorial process.