The 5 Best Portable Clothes Dryers [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Portable dryers provide a compact and mobile means of drying your clothes.
There are a couple different styles to choose from.
The Different Options
The 4-Ever Alternative dryer is actually a miniature countertop spin dryer.
They enclose your clothes as hot air circulates from the bottom filtering up through the included drying racks and hangers.
The Manatee portable clothes dryer is our top pick.
It is a digital option that can work via remote control up to 8 meters and features a negative ion function that helps to sanitize clothes against mold, pet dander, cigarette smoke, spores, pollen, bacteria, dust and other dangerous airborne items.
It can be used to dry clothes, store them as well as disinfect them- and it includes horizontal racks as well as space to hang your T-shirts and business button downs.
Manatee Video Review
The Manatee portable clothes dryer also folds up so when it's not in use it's easily stored.
Users, on the whole, and are fairly satisfied with this option, saying that the ionic disinfection feature helps to neutralize distasteful smells on clothing articles- and it's not just the usual marketing gimmick.
One user did say that he wishes he had more space- but over time he removed the middle bar to create a bit more room and he discovered new ways of folding his clothes and arranging them inside the portable dryer to get the effect he wanted.
Generally, he loads up the Manatee portable clothes dryer before he goes to bed and sets it for its longest available drying time which is around 240 minutes.
So when he wakes up in the morning everything is dried, and sometimes he doesn't even need to press shirts. He also comments that it takes up a very small amount of energy- this is great because it keeps energy costs incredibly low.
Other users say that they had previously air dried clothes in their hotel rooms while they were traveling, but were concerned about mold spore growth, as well as the inconvenience of wearing mildly damp clothing the next day.
This portable clothes dryer provided a handy solution to these issues- it's great for business travelers, campers and even within residences where sometimes it just makes sense to have an extra close dryer situated in a different area of the house besides the basement.
Let's take a look at five of the best-selling portable clothesline dryers in the market today and see how they compare.
- The Different Options
- Our Top Pick: The Manatee
- Comparing The Options
- The Five Best Portable Clothes Dryers For 2020
- 2. The Panda Portable Clothes Dryer Review
- 3. The Dr. Dry Portable Clothing Dryer Review
- 4. The Manatee Portable Clothes Dryer Review
- 5. The Laundry Alternative Countertop Spin Dryer Review
- 1. The Bismi Portable Washing Machine & Dryer Review
- Buying Guide
Comparing The Options
- 💨【Large Capacity Front Load Dryer】COSTWAY electric clothes dryer feature a spacious 3.22 cubic feet capacity and dries up to 13.2lbs of clothing, almost meets the drying needs of the whole family. Equipped with powerful 120v/60Hz motor unit and PTC heat element, the inner drum will rapidly form the warm air flow to provide stable drying performance in low noise.
- 👚【Powerful Performance】This portable ventless folding clothes dryer safely but gently dries your clothes using a warm air motor that evens out creases and leaves your garments feeling fresh, clean and soft.
- Large Capacity and 3-Tier Foldable - The new 3-tier design and stainless steel allows for up to 15kg of clothing to be in the portable dryer at one time.When the dryer is not in use, it can be folded without disassembly.
- Space Saving Design which is perfect for apartments or other small living spaces, such as dorms, RVs. And it also can be the second dryer in your house.
- 【Compact & Portable】The weight of this clothes dryer is only 37.3lbs, and the small size makes it portable. It’s compact feature is perfect for small space like apartments, dormitories, and more, it can be mounted on the wall, place on firm horizontal ground or mounted on the rack (the bracket is not include).