The 5 Best Polycarbonate Greenhouses
If you are looking for an affordable but rugged and longlasting greenhouse, a polycarbonate greenhouse might be a good choice for you.
Tough and light-weight, UV-treated polycarbonate is an advanced, and top quality paneling material for garden greenhouses. It's easily obtainable in various thicknesses. Polycarbonate greenhouses provide you the clearness of glass, but with extra ruggedness and specialized insulation properties.
Polycarbonate panelings possess a fairly lengthy life-span of fifteen years or even longer in most areas- and you can always swap out the panels should they become defective.
Let's take a look at 5 of the best-selling polycarbonate greenhouses on the market today.
Polycarbonate Greenhouse Comparison Table
|Polycarbonate Greenhouses||Our Rating (1-5)||Price||Dimensions||Warranty|
|The Monticello Premium Polycarbonate Greenhouse||4.3||$$$||7.5' H x 8' W x 12' D||10 Years|
|The Nature Twin Wall Polycarbonate Greenhouse||4.6||$$||7' 1" H x 6.0 W x 8.0 D||5 Years|
|The Glory Polycarbonate Greenhouse||4.5||$||9' H x 8' W x 12' D||10 Years|
|The Palram Chalet Twin Wall Polycarbonate Greenhouse||4.6||$$||8.5' H x 11.75' W x 10' D||5 Years|
|The Palram Hybrid Polycarbonate Greenhouse||4.7||$||6.83' H x 6.07' W x 4.29' D||5 Years|
Building a Monticello greenhouse
Why we like polycarbonate greenhouses
The benefits of polycarbonate greenhouse paneling
What are customers saying about polycarbonate greenhouses?
- One user who purchased the MIC polycarbonate and aluminum greenhouse complained that high winds actually bent the structure so that he actually had to reinforce it with plywood.
- Some of the cheaper greenhouses that are in high wind areas will need to be reinforced with plywood or PVC pipe, especially if they are kept out during the winter and not stored.
- Another DIY fix for the polycarbonate hot houses is to do some silicone caulking. One reviewer even caulked all of the panels and panesinside of the greenhouse to ensure that the rain did not seep in, and heat did not escape.
- Another important purchasing consideration is to determine whether your greenhouse comes with shelving or not.
- Some users chose to place their greenhouses on wood decks where they could easily anchor them.
- People who bought the Palram Nature Series Hybrid Hobby Greenhouse were pleasantly surprised at how durable it was even when confronting 50 mile-per-hour Oklahoma winds.
- Depending on the greenhouse you choose, sometimes the instructions are not great quality.
- Most people who endeavor to operate their own greenhouse usually have some commonsense handicraft capabilities and can figure out how to assemble them without too much trouble. Though it is important to get another person to help you out when erecting them.
- Another reviewer writes of their Paltam polycarbonate greenhouse that it is relatively sturdy and that it warms up quickly with the sunrise, but they do have to open their event manually at night.
- Some interesting features that can be included with these styles of green houses are rain gutters, roof vents, magnetic catching doors, aluminum reinforced frames, snow load kits, rust resistant coating as well as the protection of a strong shatter-resistant polymer.
- People who purchased the Grandiose Elite polycarbonate greenhouse were happy that the packaging was intuitively designed to help the assembly process- there were five boxes that were numbered and each of the instruction steps corresponded so that it was pretty easy to understand how to linearly construct their greenhouse.