The 5 Best Plasma Lighters [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Plasma lighters are butane-free, electronic lighters (Source).
With a quick click, it generates either a single or double arc plasma flame that's hotter than fire (Source).
They work by generating a tiny electrical arc between a pair of ceramic electrodes. This small arc is hotter than a traditional open flame (Source).
Single or double arc?
If you're a cigarette smoker- a single arc (two-electrode) flame is fine. It generates less heat over a smaller area. If you're a cigar smoker a double arc (four-electrode) flame provides 2x coverage for the wider circumference of a large cigar.
If you're a pipe smoker, the cylindrical Saberlight is marketed specifically to pipe and bowl smokers.
A word of caution- don't use a plasma lighter with a metal pipe: it will shock you (Source)!
Best Single Arc: The Bolt
Buyers say that this single arc, plasma lighter works well for cigarettes and starting camp fires. It's got a high-tech appearance- the arc is small, but incredibly hot. This is a two-electrode arc lighter, which means it has a single arc. It comes with a gift box- a solid, value buy.
Best Double Arc: The Nova
Reviewers say that this double arc, plasma lighter is a powerful, wind-proof option that works well for cigars. One boater praises its wind-resistance- saving his finger from blistering constantly flicking cheap Bic lighters.
The Five Best Double Arc Plasma Lighters For 2021
- Premium Design: Ultra-slim build with a sleek finish, upward electrodes and wide-open lid, offers a classic look with a modern twist while being ultra-compact, portable and lightweight
- ✅Windproof double arc design: The lighter adopts "X" type double plasma arc beam; it requires no flame, no butane, provides a unique heat source, has excellent windproof effect, to perfectly deliver a quick and easy ignition even in high windiest conditions, The vertical probe design is perfect to provide more convenient uses for candles, or in other flat surfaces.
- 【Windproof & Flameless】AngLink electronic lighter,does not use the traditional open flame to ignite,so even if the wind blows down people,it can still be used normally.It can also prevent some tiny drops of water,which can ensure that you use it normally in rainy days.Think about how cool this is in front of others.
- 【Plasma Flameless Arc Technology】- Revolutionary plasma flameless arc technology, which has various features such as energy concentration, smoke-free, odorless and windproof, ensures this lighter to be used normally under any weather. Caution: DO NOT touch the arc with hands.
- The internal lithium-ion battery eliminates the need for liquid fuel, and it can be easily recharged via any USB port using the included cord. It can also be used at all altitudes without requiring oxygen intake adjustment;
The Five Best Single Arc Plasma Lighters For 2021
- WEATHERPROOF – Waterproof and windproof, the metal-ring sealed cover is watertight, and the dual arc plasma beam will light in the harshest of environments
- Floating-touch sensor technology:Unlike the regular electronic lighters,this lighter works without having to touch the button just get your thumb near it.
- 🔥 Double electric arc-superior firepower to ignite, 5 times more powerful than single arc lighters.
- Genuine Zippo windproof lighter with distinctive Zippo "click"
- ★Durable Multipurpose Lighter► Perfectly combines butane torch lighter and plasma lighter into one.One is strong blue Jet torch lighter, which needs to be filled with butane, this mode fire gives you a wider surface area that has no issue igniting objects in big size, The other one is rechargeable lighter that you can use USB cable, generated by electricity, this unique heat source offering quick, easy ignite even in the windiest conditions, is windproof and eco-friendly.
What Are Plasma Lighters?
Best Plasma Lighters For 2021
This single arc plasma lighter offered by Ralix is a solid option if you are looking for a flame less lighter. Users like the handiness and design of this gadget, but do complain about the fact that it doesn’t fit regular size cigars.
This USB rechargeable lighter is wind-resistant and it doesn’t use gas or fluid. It is made of durable zinc alloy that won’t melt or fall apart. This rechargeable electronic lighter seems like a solid choice if you are looking for an elegant yet sturdy product which is environmentally friendly.
The general user consensus concerning the Ralix flameless lighter is that it is a cool gadget that does the job. They state that it is well-built, with the matte finish that looks very nice. It comes in a package that makes it a good gift.
However, many buyers complain about the fact that, although great for cigarettes and cigarillos, it is not suitable for regular size cigars. Plus, they state that the lighter is useless with candles that are inside glass holders because of its design. One online reviewer says that if used extensively and/or continuously it will heat up to the point you can’t hold it.
- Cool gadget that does the job
- A good gift idea
- Many buyers complain about the fact that it is not suitable for regular size cigars, nor candles that are inside glass holders
- One user complains of excessive heat if used extensively and/or continuously
We are a team of product researchers that specializes in assembling comprehensive buying guides. Our team has a variety of backgrounds, with a mixture of soft and hard sciences represented. Check out our About page to read more about our reviews and editorial process.