The 5 Best Plasma Lighters [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Plasma lighters are butane-free, electronic lighters (Source).
With a quick click, it generates either a single or double arc plasma flame that's hotter than fire (Source).
They work by generating a tiny electrical arc between a pair of ceramic electrodes. This small arc is hotter than a traditional open flame (Source).
- Single or double arc?
- Best Single Arc: The Bolt
- Best Double Arc: The Nova
- The Five Best Double Arc Plasma Lighters For 2022
- The Five Best Single Arc Plasma Lighters For 2022
- What Are Plasma Lighters?
- Best Plasma Lighters For 2022
- What Are Buyers Saying?
Single or double arc?
If you're a cigarette smoker- a single arc (two-electrode) flame is fine. It generates less heat over a smaller area. If you're a cigar smoker a double arc (four-electrode) flame provides 2x coverage for the wider circumference of a large cigar.
If you're a pipe smoker, the cylindrical Saberlight is marketed specifically to pipe and bowl smokers.
A word of caution- don't use a plasma lighter with a metal pipe: it will shock you (Source)!
Best Single Arc: The Bolt
Buyers say that this single arc, plasma lighter works well for cigarettes and starting camp fires. It's got a high-tech appearance- the arc is small, but incredibly hot. This is a two-electrode arc lighter, which means it has a single arc. It comes with a gift box- a solid, value buy.
Best Double Arc: The Nova
Reviewers say that this double arc, plasma lighter is a powerful, wind-proof option that works well for cigars. One boater praises its wind-resistance- saving his finger from blistering constantly flicking cheap Bic lighters.
The Five Best Double Arc Plasma Lighters For 2022
- Premium Design: Ultra-slim build with a sleek finish, upward electrodes and wide-open lid, offers a classic look with a modern twist while being ultra-compact, portable and lightweight
- ✅Windproof double arc design: The lighter adopts "X" type double plasma arc beam; it requires no flame, no butane, provides a unique heat source, has excellent windproof effect, to perfectly deliver a quick and easy ignition even in high windiest conditions, The vertical probe design is perfect to provide more convenient uses for candles, or in other flat surfaces.
- 🔥【High Quality Electric Lighter】-- This lighter is entirely made of high-quality durable metal construction. Strong zinc alloy and high-temperature resistance ceramic plate make it easy and safe to use, works well and very durable. By replacing your disposable lighter for a non-disposable and rechargeable electric lighter prevent plastic waste, you can reuse this lighter over and over again.
- 1.Waterproof and windproof: light cover, locking buckle, metal ring sealing design, realize perfect waterproof function. In addition, it has no flame and can work normally even in windy or rainy days. Lighters are suitable for camping, hiking, traveling and any other outdoor activities. Convenient for gas stove, barbecue, camping travel igniter accessories, emergency igniter tools, etc.
- The internal lithium-ion battery eliminates the need for liquid fuel, and it can be easily recharged via any USB port using the included cord. It can also be used at all altitudes without requiring oxygen intake adjustment;
The Five Best Single Arc Plasma Lighters For 2022
- 【USB Rechargeable & Economical】：USB cable included for your convenience to plug in the power to any USB or charger. Electric lighter without gas required, no fluid required, no flame. One-time charge can last more than 60 times’ use. At least can be charged over 300 times.
- 【Power Indicator & Battery Life】4 LED battery lights to display different power level status, can remind you recharge it in advance; High-quality battery cycle lasts 500~600 charges
- 【TREBLE SAFETY DESIGN】 - Our lighter had passed CE, RoHS, UL test. Adopt the updated version of bonnet, which gives you treble protection, you have to push the safety lock switch first, then press the ignition switch to work. For the safety of consumer, the igniting spark will auto stop beyond 7 seconds per igniting. Restart the switch, the igniting spark will be re-ignited.
- 【Innovative Dual Arc】- UPGRADED DUAL ELECTRIC ARC with revealed ignition contacts, which would increase ignition area and speed. The ignition speed is 3 times faster than the single arc lighter, and also provides more application scenarios.
- 【Windproof & Flameless】AngLink electronic lighter,does not use the traditional open flame to ignite,so even if the wind blows down people,it can still be used normally.It can also prevent some tiny drops of water,which can ensure that you use it normally in rainy days.Think about how cool this is in front of others.
What Are Plasma Lighters?
Best Plasma Lighters For 2022
This single arc plasma lighter offered by Ralix is a solid option if you are looking for a flame less lighter. Users like the handiness and design of this gadget, but do complain about the fact that it doesn’t fit regular size cigars.
This USB rechargeable lighter is wind-resistant and it doesn’t use gas or fluid. It is made of durable zinc alloy that won’t melt or fall apart. This rechargeable electronic lighter seems like a solid choice if you are looking for an elegant yet sturdy product which is environmentally friendly.
The general user consensus concerning the Ralix flameless lighter is that it is a cool gadget that does the job. They state that it is well-built, with the matte finish that looks very nice. It comes in a package that makes it a good gift.
However, many buyers complain about the fact that, although great for cigarettes and cigarillos, it is not suitable for regular size cigars. Plus, they state that the lighter is useless with candles that are inside glass holders because of its design. One online reviewer says that if used extensively and/or continuously it will heat up to the point you can’t hold it.
- Cool gadget that does the job
- A good gift idea
- Many buyers complain about the fact that it is not suitable for regular size cigars, nor candles that are inside glass holders
- One user complains of excessive heat if used extensively and/or continuously
We are a team of product researchers that specializes in assembling comprehensive buying guides. Our team has a variety of backgrounds, with a mixture of soft and hard sciences represented. Check out our About page to read more about our reviews and editorial process.