The 5 Best Peel And Stick Backsplashes | Before & After Pics & DIY Installation Guide
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In this post, we ranked 5 of the best-selling peel and stick backsplashes. We also dug up some amazing video installation tutorials and before & after pics!
It’s every homeowner’s dream to have a beautiful home with the best décor in the market.
A peel and stick backsplash can be an easy and affordable way to quickly enhance your home’s interior décor. Whether you need it for your kitchen walls or bathroom, there are a variety of styles and colors to choose from.
The best thing about them is that you can do it yourself, and there are fast, efficient and effective.
If you thought traditional backsplashes, ceramic tiles were easy to do, then peel and stick is going to be even easier. All you have to do is to ensure you get the best so that your décor doesn’t get tacky.
The difference is night and day. The Before picture looks like the interior of a log cabin. The After photo is a much more modern approach- almost like a luxury condo.
We’ll examine some of the best options below if you want to upgrade your kitchen with some new styling.
- Before & After Example
- Comparing The 2022 Backsplashes
- Video Guide: How To Install A Peel & Stick Vinyl Tile Backsplash
- Buying Guide
- A Before & After
- What are Peel and Stick Backsplashes?
Comparing The 2022 Backsplashes
- PREMIUM PEEL AND STICK TILES - The art3d peel and stick tiles are made of eco-friendly material, resistant to heat and moisture, easy wipe to remove the stains. Suitable for smooth and clean surfaces. Stick to wall without extra glue.
- 1.4 TIMES COVERAGE AREA - the size of Art3d peel and stick tile is around 12"x12", which covers 40% more area than a 10"x10" tile covers.
- THICKER VERSION - The Art3d upgrated version tile is 2-3 times thicker than ordinary peel & stick tile, 2mm-2.5mm each, durable and solid tile, unlike soft sticker tiles
- STRONGER ADHESIVE - The Art3d upgraded version tile is 3X stronger backing glue than ordinary vinyl backsplash tile, not only stick firmly to the smooth & clean surface, but also available on lightly textured wall
- 1.4 times coverage area: a 12*12 tile covers 40% more area than a 10*10 tile cover's
- Premium peel and stick tile: - the tile is made of eco-friendly material, resistant to heat and moisture, easy wipe to remove the stains.
- 1.4 TIMES COVERAGE AREA - Come in pack of 10 sheets self-adhesive tiles, 12" X 12" each, which covers 40% more area than 10"x10" tile covers
- EASY INSTALL – LONGKING peel and stick tile backsplash are flexible and smart. Just peel and stick, no grout and contractor required, adapted to instant renovation and decoration.
- 🌹2-3 Times Thickness: Much thicker than ordinary peel & stick tile, 2mm-2.5mm each, durable and solid tile, unlike soft sticker tiles
- ❁Stronger Upgrade Adhesive: 3X Stronger backing glue than ordinary vinyl backsplash tile, not only stick firmly to the smooth & clean surface, but also available on lightly textured wall
Video Guide: How To Install A Peel & Stick Vinyl Tile Backsplash
Buyers who have used peel and stick products before have some useful pieces of advice and tips for those planning to buy the products.
- Placement is everything: First, be sure where you want to place it. This is because the adhesive used is very serious and won’t budge. Once you place it, it sets in within seconds, and you won’t have time to adjust. Trying to move them will only result to a tear of a full row of the tile, or you’ll risk damaging the wall. So, to avoid such damages; take your time and mark where you want the tile to go and you will come out with stunning results.
- Performing cuts: Second tip, you can cut the product to fit around weird angles. Take time when cutting to come up with a perfect shape and ensure you use a sharp tool. Other customers suggest using a razor knife to do the cutting.
- Are you a DIY expert? Finally, you don’t need a professional to do the work. You can do all the work by yourself and everything will be easy, fast and will look professional by the time you finish the job. Be careful when trimming to avoid cutting yourself and don’t drop any on the floor where people or pets can get hurt.
A Before & After
Over on Instagram, one DIY-er wrote “We did a fun little update to this kitchen today… with a vinyl quatrefoil design backsplash! It turned out great and was surprisingly easy to install! 28 feet of backsplash done in just over an hour. Bam!”
What are Peel and Stick Backsplashes?
Because of digitalization, there are modernized tiles you can use for your home décor and achieve the best results. They are highly innovative and will help you bring your kitchen or bathroom wall into this decade.
Peel and stick backsplashes are lightweight and thin materials mainly made of plastic materials that stick directly to the wall using an adhesive. Because of their weight, these tiles do not require the use of any seam sealer, grout or motor to stick into place unlike the case in ceramic tiles.
Another Before & After
Another Instagram DIY-er posted a gorgeous kitchen makeover, saying “Another before and after pic of how my kitchen was when we first got our house, and how it is now, I call this is temporary make up until we decide to do extreme makeover . DIY affordable painted cabinets and vinyl backsplash. Let me know what you guys think!”
The tiles come with a paper backing that you can peel away to expose the sticky adhesive used to stick the floor tiles into place. Sometimes you may need extra adhesive material so that it sticks nicely into place because the self-stick that comes with the tiles might not be enough for the job.
Even though plastic backsplashes are the most common, there are other options available in the market. One of the options includes WallPops, which are peel and stick tiles made of waterproof foam vinyl that are resistant to heat or humidity. Another option is the Aspect tiles which are installed either with double-sided tape or with construction adhesive. Other options include façade, made from thermoplastic and mineral tiles made from real ceramic and glass (Source).
How To Install Them
Self-adhesive backsplash tiles come in simple laminate designs that are easy to install. You don’t need a professional since you can do it yourself. They are fun to apply, and you can fix them behind kitchen sinks or behind stovetops and not have any problems.
Video Guide: Another Installation Example
Before installing the tile, you need to prepare the wall and do some little cleanup. You can use soapy water to clean up the dry or plastered walls. You should also feel up any holes or cracks on the wall so that you avoid uneven surfaces. Smooth the putty and allow it to dry completely before starting the installation.
Measure the space carefully using a ruler and a box cutter to cut the amount you’ll need for the space. By doing this, you’ll ensure the backsplash is neither too long nor too short for the desired space.
Recheck the tile and the space to ensure you’ve got the right measurement. Start installing from left to right ensuring you complete the bottom row first before proceeding to the top. Make sure you don’t apply too much pressure because you can still remove to adjust properly (Source).
Consider adding a stovetop cover if space is at a premium- it’ll help glamorize and conserve kitchen space!
You can always check out Etsy for other options- there are a lot of more custom-designed and, oftentimes, unique options you can check out there:
|Etsy Products||Etsy Rating||# Of Etsy Ratings|
|Peel and stick hexagon wall decal sticker, Nursery decal, Honeycomb wall art, Hexagon wall pattern decals, Hexagon backsplash DB345||5 out of 5 stars||(1,399)|
|Encaustic Moroccan Tile Wall Stair Floor Self Adhesive Vinyl Stickers,Kitchen Backsplash Carrelage, Peel & Stick - Pack of 10 - SKU:PIXL||5 out of 5 stars||(726)|
|Azulejos Tile Stickers Carrelage peel&stick 9 WALL DECALS Kitchen Backsplash Bathroom self adhesive removable FLOOR Vinyl Decor Stair Riser||4.5 out of 5 stars||(16)|
|Portuguese Azulejos Tile Stickers, PACK OF 24, Lisbon, Tile Decals, Removable, Decorative, Ethnic, Backsplash Decals, Peel and Stick #3T||5 out of 5 stars||(156)|
|Peel and Stick White Tiles Kitchen Tiles BackSplash TIles 3x6 14sq feet PER BOX sample available||4.5 out of 5 stars||(27)|
|Smart Tiles Metro Grigio Gray Subway Peel and Stick Tile Backsplash SM1064||5 out of 5 stars||(551)|
|Smart Tiles Contemporary White Hexagon Peel and Stick Tile Backsplash SM1038||5 out of 5 stars||(551)|
|Smart Tiles Milano Massa Carrara White Marble Peel and Stick Backsplash SM1119||5 out of 5 stars||(551)|
|StickTILES White Marble Hexagon Peel and Stick Tile Backsplash Gray White Black AVE10435||5 out of 5 stars||(551)|
|StickTILES Chevron Distressed Brown Gray Wood Peel and Stick Tile Backsplash TIL3461FLT||5 out of 5 stars||(551)|
|Wallpops Hexagon Marble Farmhouse Peel and Stick Backsplash Tile NH2359||5 out of 5 stars||(551)|
|Smart Tiles Metro Nero Black Subway Peel and Stick Tile Backsplash SM1079||5 out of 5 stars||(551)|
|StickTILES Arabesque White Farmhouse Vintage Peel and Stick Tile Backsplash TIL3460FLT||5 out of 5 stars||(551)|
|Wallpops Herringbone Carrara Marble Farmhouse Peel and Stick Backsplash Tile NH2358||5 out of 5 stars||(551)|
|StickTILES Classic White Subway Chic Farmhouse Peel and Stick Tile Backslash DIY TIL3459FLT||5 out of 5 stars||(551)|
The Pros and Cons
Like anything else, self-adhesive backsplashes also have their advantages and disadvantages. What you like may not entice another person. So, before going for these kinds of tiles, it’s good that you consider the pros and cons to see if they’ll still work for you or you’ll go for another alternative.
Peel and stick tiles are ideal for people who do not want to install permanent décor on their homes. You can remove them when you want to and go for a different type at your convenience. They are ideal solution for people living in a rental apartment. (Source).
They are easy to install, and you will not require the services of a professional installer since you can do it yourself. This will save you extra costs and time since they also take very little time to stick into place.
Anything peel and stick can fall or wear off quickly. When exposed to moisture especially in the kitchen or bathroom, they are more likely to wear off quickly since the adhesive used is not permanent.
The adhesive can be difficult to remove hence is not a good option if you are planning to move out soon. If your apartment is a rented one, you might be forced to pay extra for damages that might occur when trying to remove the tiles.
Peek and stick tiles may not stick well if the wall isn’t smooth. It requires thorough preparation which includes feeling up the cracks and the holes and drying the walls. Failure to do the necessary preparation will result to undesirable results (https://deavita.net/peel-and-stick-tile-backsplash-pros-and-cons.html).