The 5 Best Pantry Cabinets [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pantry cabinets, also known as storage cabinets are freestanding units that are typically made of some form of wood- often panel board (Source).
They are designed to provide additional utility storage for a space. They are most commonly used as a freestanding kitchen pantry, but have the potential to be used anywhere that extra storage is needed such as the bathroom or bedroom (Source).
They usually have multiple shelves and closing doors. These portable pantry cabinets help you to utilize the full potential of a space. Their shelves allow you to store food, towels, clothing, appliances, or whatever else you may need additional space for (Source).
The doors on these freestanding kitchen pantry cabinets allow you to keep the things you’re storing out of view to create a cleaner appearance in the room with less clutter.
- Comparing Them
- How They Compare
- Best Pantry Cabinets For 2022
- Common Buyer Concerns
|Pantry Cabinets||Our Rating||Price ($)||Dimensions|
|The ClosetMaid Espresso Pantry Cabinet||3.7||$||24" x 12.5" x 59.5"|
|The Tall Target Adjustable Shelving Storage Cabinet||3.6||$||23" x 12" x 48"|
|The South Shore Storage Pantry||3.5||$$||23.5" x 11" x 61.9"|
|The Sauder Storage Highland Oak Cabinet||3.4||$||29.6" x 16.1" x 71.1"|
|The Sauder Double Door Storage Dakota Oak Cabinet||3.7||$$$||35.4" x 17" x 71.2"|
Buyers suggest that you anchor your portable pantry cabinet to the wall. This will prevent the pantry cabinet from being able to tip over and cause potential damage or injury.
Some buyers that placed their pantry cabinets in areas where they were unable to anchor them to the wall said that you can put heavier items in the bottom of the pantry cabinet to also help prevent the risk of the pantry tipping over.
One buyer also suggested that if you’re putting your storage cabinet together by yourself that it makes it easier to install the doors if you first lay down your storage cabinet with its back on the ground.
Best Pantry Cabinets For 2022
Benefits of Pantry Cabinets
- A pantry cabinet provides you with additional storage space in a room
- Pantry or storage cabinets provide an easy way to organize items
- Pantry cabinets offer a convenient way to decrease the clutter in an area
- Storage cabinets give a place for you to hideaway items giving the room a cleaner appearance
- Storage cabinets can also add value to the overall appearance of the room
- You can relocate free standing pantry cabinets if desired
Common Buyer Concerns
It's best to consult the product page for specific details if you have any of the common concerns below.
- Exactly what are the cabinet's shipping package size and dimensions?
- Can you purchase additional shelves and dowels?
- What's the weight limit of the shelves?
- Can some shelving be kept out to ensure that brooms and mops can easily be kept the cabinet?
- Are the shelves adjustable?
- Are the door hinges reversible?
- How hard is it to assemble and are there assembly instructions?
- How high is the inside of the bottom cabinet?
- How tall is the completed cabinet?
- Do they match/fit with your current kitchen accessories? (Source)