The 5 Best Outdoor Waste Receptacles [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
An attractive outdoor waste receptacle, or outdoor trash can, can make litter and trash literally disappear, and look good while doing it.
It may be hard to imagine, but there are actually some elegant outdoor waste disposal options available on the market today.
Whether you run a business and want a sturdy, wind-resistant outdoor trash can to help keep your business area clean, or you just want to place one on your property for backyard parties, you can find one that suits your needs.
Interestingly, some people even use these outdoor trash hideaways indoors, enjoying their conveniently large capacity.
- Comparing Them
- The Five Best Outdoor Trash Hideaways
- 1. The Suncast GHW1732 Resin Wicker Trash Hideaway Review
- 2. The Crosley Palm Harbor Outdoor Wicker Trash Bin Review
- 3. The Keter Pacific 30 Gal. Outdoor Resin Wicker Waste Basket Review
- 4. The Safco Products 9476BL Canmeleon Recessed Panel Waste Receptacle Review
- 5. The Suncast GH1732 Outdoor Trash Hideaway Review
- What are users saying?
- Final thoughts
|Outdoor Waste Receptacles||Our Rating||Price|
|The Suncast Resin Wicker Trash Hideaway||4.7||$|
|The Crosley Palm Harbor Outdoor Wicker Trash Bin||4.8||$$|
|The Keter Pacific 30 Gal. Outdoor Resin Wicker Waste Basket||4.4||$$|
|The Safco Products Recessed Panel Waste Receptacle||4.7||$$$|
|The Suncast Outdoor Trash Hideaway||4.7||$|
The Five Best Outdoor Trash Hideaways
The 30 gallon capacity, plastic molded, Suncast Trash Hideaway is a contemporary designed & durable option that keeps your surroundings clean with very little fuss. Its users are delighted with the large capacity of this rugged trash hideaway, but feel that it could have been designed to make it easier to remove jam-packed trash bags. This Suncast trash hideaway is the right option if you are looking for a large-sized and chic-looking outdoor receptacle for stashing away your waste.
- Large sized and made of top quality material
- Sturdily built body
- Lid with lock ensures it is ideal for outdoor use without worrying about critters and other creatures
- Keeps dry and is convenient to use
- Best for outdoor use, especially in the pool and patio areas
- Taking the trash bag out of the receptacle is a big struggle, especially when the bag is full
- Bag rips due to the ridges on the inner surface of the receptacle if too full
- Assembly directions are not amazing
This 20.5 lb., durable steel, Crosley Trash Bin is a stylishly designed trash receptacle option that comes with UV-resistant features. Users find it a great choice because of its weather durability, but at the same time feel that it could have included a smooth inner finish to make trash removal easier. The trash bin has an inbuilt bag holder enabling a hassle free and clean trash removal. This wicker trash receptacle is a good choice if you are looking for a durable and cost effective trash receptacle.
- Well-made sturdy body made of steel
- UV protection prevents wear after prolonged exposure to harsh weather and sun, making it a good outdoor receptacle
- Bag holder inside the receptacle is functional and easy to use (if you don't fill it too much)
- The inner surface is not smooth making the trash bag rip, when you remove it if it's too full
- The expanding receptacle, when the trash bag fills up and the metal protrusions present near the top, make it difficult to get the bag out of the receptacle
- The pieces are hard to assemble, especially while placing the screws inside the bin
The all-weather, 30 gallon Keter Pacific Waste Basket is an efficient waste disposal can with an easy-to-clean liner. Users love the that the product keeps their outdoors and patio areas clean, while blending well with the surrounding decor. But they also note that the liner is not very effective in holding the trash bag. This metal-hinged Keter Pacific Wicker styled basket is a good option to consider if you want a weather-resistant trash receptacle and don’t care much about whether the trash bag holds well or not for heavy loads.
- Nice-looking basket
- Quality construction
- Can hold trash for days at a stretch before emptying
- Liner inside has handles, so it is easy to take it out
- Lid has a pull made of stainless steel
- Some users have commented that it sometimes requires a rubber band or clip to keep it in place for heavier loads
- Inserting the trash bag into the liner is difficult
This 38 gallon, polyethylene, Safco Waste Receptacle is an especially effective option for businesses because of its storefront-friendly appearance and solid capacity. Users find the style and design appealing to the eye, but note that it is a tad light in weight. This outdoor trashcan has in built UV inhibitors making the receptacle resistant to fading and wear over a long time. This CanMeleon trash is a good choice if you are partial to a receptacle that is easy to empty and looks good.
- Aesthetically pleasing design suitable for business premises and households
- Trash bag is not visible from outside
- Fast delivery time
- Lightweight body necessitates use of a heavy object like rock inside it to prevent the can from shifting in heavy winds
This 30 gallon, durable resin, Suncast hideaway receptacle is a stylish trash collecting option that reduces the frequency of emptying the trash. Its users find the hideaway of great use for outdoor entertaining but note that it is difficult to remove the trash bag from inside the receptacle when it is overly full. The outdoor trash can has a latching lid with faux wainscoting pattern. This stay-dry Suncast trash receptacle is a solid option if you are looking for a cheap and durable outdoor trash receptacle for your home or small business.
- The plastic ribs inside the can gives it added sturdiness
- The lid locks the trash in and prevents bad odor from escaping out
- Compact, durable and easy to assemble
- Top stays locked and does not blow open
- The grooves inside make it difficult to pull out a full trash bag
- The bigger opening used for lifting the trash bag is not sufficient, sometimestrapping extra-large trash bags that expand inside the can
- The deep graining makes dirt settle in, making it difficult to clean
If you are looking for an outdoor trashcan waste receptacle, would it be for your business or home, take a look at the comparison table above and choose the model that best suits your needs. As we have seen, some people even use these outdoor trashcan receptacles indoors, employing them in their kitchens to absorb huge amounts of waste or for their personal workshops as a commercial grade trash can.
That said, it's crucial that if you dispose of a lot of organic food matter, it's a good idea to empty that out pretty quickly because it will begin to smell and potentially attract vermin or other wildlife right into your backyard!He makes another interesting point that if you are in the habit of frequently throwing backyard parties, purchasing a couple outdoor waste receptacles and placing them throughout your property will dramatically decrease the amount of trash, waste and general messiness that occurs with throwing a big festivity.
All in all, these are surprisingly attractive and sturdy trashcan options should you require an efficient and effective means of business or personal waste disposal.