The 5 Best Moon Lamps | Stunning Luna Orbs
In this post, we took a look at five of the best-selling moon lamps.
Does looking up at the bright full moon make you feel amazed? Have you always wanted to recreate that ambiance over and over again?
If your answer is yes to any or both of these, a moon lamp is the perfect thing.
These lamps are designed to recreate the exact mood that you feel in the presence of the actual moon, and, of course, the moonlight.
Top Pick: The Logrotate Moon Lamp
Users say it makes an amazing nightlight- great for a nightstand. You can change it into a variety of different colors, but the default white light makes it look most like the moon. It’s a fun accessory- especially for kid’s rooms.
Though we all know that table lamps are the secret weapon of home decoration when it comes to creating a relaxing and cozy environment, having a moon lamp is like owning a little version of the earth’s natural satellite right in your room.
- Moon lamp made with 3D printing technology, realistic full moon shape, the surface of the moon lamp is very close to the lunar moon, novelty and charming
- [MOON LAMP DESIGNED IN USA , BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL]: Your 3d printed moon lamp is an artistic creation which will put a smile on you and your loved ones. Your lamp can be arranged to give pleasing illumination to your family room, baby nursery, children's room, on a picnic or in a cabin in the woods.
- Moon lamp with the diameter is 4.8 INCH, made with 3D printing technology, realistic full moon shape, the surface of the moon lamp is very close to the lunar moon, novelty and charming
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN & VIVID MOON- the moon light is based on photos captured by NASA satellite. Craters, curves, and mountains have been carefully designed to closely portray the moon's surface - makes the moon lamp shade look incredibly realistic,vividly presenting moon's surface.
- ECO-MATERIALS: The moon night light is made by 3D printer with materials(PLA)
Moon lamps are available in various designs and sizes from several manufacturers. Buying the perfect lamp can be an uphill task as there are various factors needed to be considered.
- Eco-friendly: First of all, you need to check whether the lamp is made from eco-friendly material or not. There are some moon lamps available in the market made from cheap materials that can be detrimental to the environment. So, make sure the product you buy is made from eco-friendly and natural materials.
- Battery quality is another factor that you need to consider. Go for the product that comes with the built-in battery that is not only certified but also offers good working life on a full charge.
- Texture: Next, it is time to consider the texture. Remember that if your lamp fails to provide the clearest and best texture, it will not create the ambiance similar to the moonlight. There are lots of moon lamps that cannot emit light properly and don’t appear like the moon or sometimes come with inaccurate surface design. Go for a lamp that is accurately designed based on the designs of NASA and can restore the original texture and look of the moon surface.
- Charging ports: Every moon lamp comes with a charging port in the bottom for charging the battery. But you have to make sure that the port is not too wide or too large. It has to be small enough to offer the moon’s completely round shape. If the product is made up of only one molding, no stitching traces should be found and the charging port should appear small yet accessible.
- Packaging: Lastly, it is time to focus on the packaging. The construction and design of the lamp are fragile and thus it is crucial to buy from those manufacturers who deliver your preferred moon lamp well packed.
- Safety issues: While these lamps would not be burning necessarily when working, sometimes they can get hot. In that case, you should check the voltage of the product and ensure that whether its safety features are working properly or not.
As the name implies, a moon lamp refers to a moonlight lamp which looks like the actual moon.
It is attained by the use of 3D printing technology and some stacks to bring the actual appearance of the moon.
These products are designed in such a manner that helps them depict exactly the look, texture and shape of the moon with the spots, craters, and radiation of light.
So, when the product is hung up in a room, it will exactly appear like a moon with its dim light radiating all around.
These lamps are widely used to serve the purpose of creating a very beautiful, elegant and subtle home décor.
The subtle and warm light emitted by this lamp can easily create a relaxing and pleasing environment.
If you are trying to prepare some romantic ambiance, a moon lamp can surely bring the best lighting effect.
If you love decorating your home in an innovative and cool way, this product is worth checking out. It can also be a great gift item, especially for kids.
- 3D PRINTING TECHNOLOGY: This Moon lamp is made by most innovative 3D printing technology and price astronomical data, to create a texture that is very similar to the real moon. Built in rechargeable lithium battery, give you surprise that you must be handing a real moon.
While moon lamps are available in different sizes, large moon lamps, in particular, are highly popular among buyers who want to add the best possible moon effect to their rooms.
With these beautiful lamps, you can surely add an amazing flavor to any room.
The bigger size of the light offers the most realistic effect that may not be possible to find in smaller sizes of the lamps. These lamps usually come with seamless construction and design together with a dimmable feature to add more flair. However, the downside of these large lamps is they generally take lots of time recharge.
Wall Moon Lamps
If you are planning to purchase a moon lamp for the kids’ room, a wall moon lamp is the thing you should opt for.
With this, you do not need to worry about hazards to the kids from the lamp.
Most of the wall moon lamps come with the feature of being operated by remote control.
These lamps not only emit soft glowing lights but will allow the kids to perform various activities like reading books under it as well. In addition, some wall moon lamps come with auto shut off feature to promote better sleep and to conserve energy, eliminating the need of turning off the lamp before sleep.
However, these lamps come at a slightly higher price than their regular counterparts.
Moon Lamp With Remote
- This 4.8 inch moon lamp uses the latest 3D printing technology to restores the real appearance of the moon vividly and made of FDA approved PLA material.
Unlike the earth’s natural satellite, some moon lamps with a remote glow from the inside with the help of battery-powered LEDs.
You can use the remote to select between an array of different colors or the auto-cycle option that enables the lamp to change colors automatically. The infrared remote can also be used to turn the LEDs off or on, choose a transition for the color cycle or adjust the brightness.
Though the remotes operate perfectly almost all the time, you may need to check some factors if you suspect it is not working properly.
First of all, you would need to make sure that nothing is blocking the infrared beam triggered by the remote from reaching the lamp. If that is not the case, you would need to check whether the beam itself is activating.
This can be done by the simple process of looking at the remote’s LED through the viewfinder of a smartphone. In case it is working properly, it should light up visibly. If not, you may need to change the batteries of the remote.
Making A DIY Moon Lamp
If you want to create the mysteriously magical ambiance offered by a moon lamp but prefer to take the DIY route, here are the things that would help you create this magic with your own hands.
First, arrange a big balloon, paper towels, glue, a felt-tip pen, some plastic dishes, a rough sponge, a brush, ivory acrylic paints and a lamp with a socket.
Now, draw a circle around the knot of the balloon. Dilute the glue in water and plunge the balloon into it.
Then cover the balloon with paper towel pieces by using the brush. It will remove all the imperfections from the balloon’s surface.
Then get the shape of the moon by painting the balloon over with ivory acrylic paint. Go through the internet to see some pictures of the moon.
Then stamp and paint over the entire balloon by using the sponge. Finally place the lamp inside the balloon, turn other lights off and enjoy the soft glow of your very own moon lamp.
If this seems to be a little difficult, you can watch this other instructional video to get a clear understanding of the process.
A customized moon lamp is perhaps the best gift you can give to your loved ones.
Almost anything can be printed on these lamps and there are some manufacturers that offer this feature. Usually, the process on your part involves selecting the size of the lamp, then selecting your desired image and attaching it, and the rest will be taken care of by the manufacturer.
However, when it comes to selecting the image you want to be printed on the lamp, there are some factors you should keep in mind.
For example, you cannot select blurred images or images with a dark or complex background, local overexposure, low resolution, eyeshade etc. Ideally, you should only consider high-resolution images with a light background.
Where To Buy
With tremendous success and continued popularity of moon lamps, it is no surprise that they can be found at different stores, both offline and online- Etsy, Home Depot, Amazon, Walmart, etc.
While it is true that you can physically experience the ambiance created by a moon lamp in a physical store, it comes with other inconveniences also.
On the other hand, with online shopping, you do not need to waste substantial time for commuting to the store or searching through aisles after aisles for the best moon lamp.
All you need to do is swap the product pages of the website and you will be done in minutes.
In addition, when purchasing online, you may become lucky enough to get some freebies.