The 5 Best Milk Crates [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A milk crate is a square or rectangular box that was, originally, used to ship milk from a distributor to different commercial sites such as retail stores or even schools (Source).
Traditionally, these have been used in commercial and industrial settings. However, you can also use milk crates for storage and aesthetic purposes as well (Source).
Some people have even gotten creative enough to make their milk crates into furniture!
No matter if you are using metal milk crates, vintage milk crates, or even just plastic milk crates– what you can do with them is nearly endless (Source).
If you aren’t quite sure what you want to do, though, there are plenty of ideas out there to help you.
From furniture to bookshelves to even bike baskets, the possibilities are limitless (Source).
- Buyer Advice
- Comparing Them
- How They Compare
- Milk Crate Benefits
- Best Milk Crates For 2022
- Creative Milk Crate Uses
Now, though, let’s take a look at some of the advice that other customers have for you: the new buyer. First and foremost, they say to keep your mind open and don’t be afraid to get creative with your milk crates since there’s really no wrong way to use them- whether for storage or to function as an impromptu TV stand!
Secondly, many customers say that these are fantastic for storage and the collapsible options are especially convenient since you can fold them up when you don’t need them.
Milk Crate Benefits
- Repurposing old milk crates is an excellent way to add a unique and homey charm to your house.
- Larger, rectangular milk crates can be used to store plenty of items, helping you get more organized.Since they can be so small, square milk crates are perfect for bedrooms and college dorms.
- Milk crates can be repurposed into furniture so you could an ottoman or small seat at only a fraction of the price you would usually pay for it.
- If you are interested in gardening, one of these can be used as a planter to hold the plants you need.
- Milk crates can even be stacked or mounted to the wall to make beautiful and unique shelving.