The 5 Best Micro Bikinis [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In this post, we ranked five of the best-selling micro bikinis.
The bathing suit has come a long way since its inception, and the bikini has been making an impression worldwide for the past seven decades.
The bikini is a versatile and functional piece of swimwear, allowing you extra freedom of movement a well as the opportunity to show some skin.
These types of swimsuits aren’t known for their substance, but their style is certainly celebrated across beaches the world over, and one bikini style, in particular, is beginning to make waves: the micro bikini (similar to a slingshot bikini popularized by Borat).
Guaranteed to turn heads no matter where you go, it comes as no surprise that this bikini style is becoming the hot new trend on beaches today.
Comparing The Best Options
- Steel microfiber underwear boxer briefs
- Wide logo waistband and smooth, soft, comfortable metallic micro fabrication
- Ultra Soft Bikini with bonded finish
- No Panty lines
- ⇒ HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL: Soft comfortable PU/leather. The greatest fabric of swimsuits for women, comfy and breathable, perfect for water activities.
- ⇒ FEATURES OF CONTENT: 2 piece, micro mini bikini top and extreme tie side thong bottom. The bath suit has sliding triangle cup top, brazilian low rise bikini bottom, less coverage make your hips fuller and more charming.
- Style 2045
- Microfiber fabric is soft and breathable
What Are Micro Bikinis?
- Traditional bikinis feature a top and bottom that leave your midsection uncovered. Whilst they are revealing, some women want to take it one step further in order to make more of a splash. The micro bikini allows you to take this idea to the extreme, thanks to the tiny designs that they are styled from.
- While these types of bikinis come in many styles, there are many design features that are shared between them all. The bottom part of the swimsuit is usually made in such a way that it shows more of your butt than traditional designs. This particular style has been trending in a big way in Australia and it’s common to see these thong styles during the hot summer months.
- Micro bikinis also feature a very skimpy, revealing top section. Rather than cover the whole breast, these designs only cover the nipple area, leaving the skin and curve of your breast visible. While this may seem risky, these styles of bikini are actually very comfortable if you have the confidence to pull it off.
How to Select the Right Bathing Suit for Your Body Type
In this video, the Jalisa’s Fashion Files vlogger focuses on choosing the right bathing suit of bikini for your body shape.
For your bathing suit, throughout this whole video, she uses inserts with bikinis that will be going along with what she’s talking about. So you get more of a visual and a better understanding of what it is that she’s saying.
All of the bathing suits that you will see in this video are already pinned to her swimsuit board on her Pinterest.
The first body shape, which is the most common, is the pear-shaped body– largest in the hips and the butt area.
You have a small waist and you have a fairly small bust area.
So when shopping around for a bathing suit, you do not want to go for a one-piece, because one piece bathing suits typically do not provide enough lift or support or enhancement to your bust area, and it will just cause the eye to go to the fullest areas of your body.
You want to create balance and almost an hourglass figure while you’re dressing your body. So you don’t want to go with something that’s just going to cause the eye to shift to one particular area, so that is a huge no-no.
You want to go for the tops that are a halter style. As you can see in the video, it has no straps, although a lot of them do come with straps.
If you do choose that, you want to add it if you feel a little bit uncomfortable, but when shopping around for a bandeau top, you do not want to go for something that is very plain that doesn’t have any type of embellishments, patterns or designs.
You don’t want to go with just a plain option, because that will defeat the purpose. It’s not going to cause the eye to look up at anything. Nothing interesting is going on up top, so it’s going to go to the fullest area of your body, especially if you’re wearing a pattern-less bikini bottom.
Watch the rest of the video that demonstrates the rest of the body types.
All The Variants
|Bikini Types||Description (Source)|
|Bandeaukini||alternatively called a bandini, is a bandeau top, with no straps going over the shoulders, worn with any bikini bottom|
|Microkini||an extremely skimpy bikini|
|Monokini||topless swimsuit and sometimes referred to as a unikini, is a women's one-piece swimsuit equivalent to the lower half of a bikini.|
|Skirtini||features a bikini top and a small, skirted bottom, is an innovation for bikini-style clothes with more coverage.|
|Sling bikini||also known as a "suspender bikini", "suspender thong", "slingshot bikini" or just "slingshot". It is a one-piece suit which provides as little, or even less, coverage|
|String bikini||scantier and more revealing than a regular bikini|
|Tankini||a swimsuit combining a tank top|
|Trikini||a handkerchief and two small saucers.|
- Body Type: In order to choose the best new slingshot swimsuit, it’s important to do your due diligence so that you can choose the style that suits your look and shape perfectly. Customers who bought micro bikinis often find that what looks good on the model doesn’t always look exactly the same on their own body. The simple fact of the matter is that we are all built differently, so when buying a bikini we should keep our own personal features in mind.
- How Will It Hold: Try to understand how your body will hold the bikini. Some micro bikinis are designed for the fabric to sit over your nipple in a particular spot, however, we all know that breasts come in many different shapes. If your nipples are positioned lower than the fabric positioning, you may end up showing far more than you bargained for.
- How Will You Use It: You should also try to think about how you will use the bikini. If you are going to be lounging in the sun then you’ll find that many micro bikinis will suit this action. However, if you are planning on frolicking in the waves then you’ll want to be sure to choose a design that offers you security so that it doesn’t dislodge and show the world your private areas.
Who Can Forget Borat?
2 words: Borat Bikini. pic.twitter.com/6YFCIEzISY
— T(eam Canada)🇨🇦 aka CheeseTits (@BigNasty6oh4) October 28, 2018
Thanks to the growing popularity of the teeny tiny bikini, the market is starting to be flooded by these amazing styles. This means you won’t find it too hard to find one that matches your style and shows off your personality. In fact, there are many popular swimsuit brands that produce bikinis of this style, so you won’t be looking for long.
According to Ranker, these are some of the most popular swimwear brands:
- Victoria’s Secret
- Nike, Inc.
- TYR Swimsuits
- Beachbunny Swimwear
- Rip Curl
- L Space
- Anne Cole Collection
- Wicked Weasel
- Melissa Odabash
- N2U2 Apparel
- Vitamin A
- Lands’ End
- Onda De Mar
- Hive Swimwear
- Bikini Joe
- Vix Swimwear
- Shoshanna Swimwear
- Cole of California
- Old Navy
- Jita Swim and Island Wear
- Jennafer Ashley Swimwear
- Colleen Kelly
- Tara Grinna Swimwear
- FINIS Inc
- Mizuno Corporation
- White Stag
- DiNeila Brazil
- Asha Couture
If your local swimsuit stores are a bust, StyleCraze has put together a list of the most popular swimsuit brands so that you can draw inspiration from the hottest trends that are taking over the world. Not only does this allow you to see what styles are popular, but it will also help you to gain insight into the newest, hottest swimwear brands out there.
Micro String Bikinis
- One Size Fits All,size S-L
String bikinis have been popular for many years now, but the modern, micro string styles take these designs one step further. Similar to the original styles, micro string bikinis feature the thin string that holds the whole piece together, but rather than feature large triangles at the breast area and a large piece of fabric to provide coverage over the groin, the micro style places emphasis on the revealing nature that string styles promote.
Popular micro string styles leave almost the whole breast uncovered except for a small piece of fabric to cover the nipple. These designs can take many shapes, and when combined with a thong on the bottom half, can be very revealing and eye-catching. This style is not for the faint-hearted!
- - Look sexy while sporting yourself in this fishnet Micro Bikini Swimsuit for Women featuring a mini triangle top with slim cups, halter straps, a tie back closure.
At some point, a bikini becomes more of a fashion statement rather than a useful tool. The mesh micro is one such style, as it leaves very little to the imagination thanks to the sheer, see-through nature of the garment. This particular style is a great option for confident women who want to turn heads, but they can also be great for tanning thanks to the low coverage.
Bikinis in this style usually contain mesh on the top half only, as most women are more comfortable being showy in that area only. However, there are some styles that contain mesh on the bottoms, too. These bikinis will often contain stripes or other patterns that will help you to cover the most private regions.
Plus Size Options
There’s a bikini for every body shape, and plus-sized women should not feel like a micro bikini is something that they should stay away from. In fact, showing off your curves in a tiny bikini is a great way to promote body positivity whilst feeling great in your skin. Huffington Post has a great guide for choosing a bikini to show off your assets so don’t feel like bikinis are only for people with a tiny shape.
Certain styles and shapes will suit your curvy frame better than others, but what you end up choosing is completely up to you and your tastes. There’s no need to feel like you have to conform to someone else’s ideals – as long as you feel great in your own skin, then you know you’ve found the right bikini!
We are a team of product researchers that specializes in assembling comprehensive buying guides. Our team has a variety of backgrounds, with a mixture of soft and hard sciences represented. Check out our About page to read more about our reviews and editorial process.