The 5 Best Medical Exam Tables [Ranked]
Medical exam tables are designed to function in a variety of different clinical environments. They can be used to conduct basic medical exams, gynecological examinations, pediatric assessments, aesthetic procedures, really any sort of clinical examination a physician requires.
A high-quality medical exam table can become the centerpiece of a physician's office. It is a workstation, a storage space as well as the primary area of interaction medical professionals have with their patients. It's important to select a medical exam table that is comfortable for patients to use and convenient for a doctor or nurse to work with as well.
There are a range of high-quality medical exam tables available for purchase online- let's take a look at a few of the best-sellers and see how they compare.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION. The AdirMed medical exam table's frame is made using resilient, heavy-duty powder coated steel. It has a solid design that provides a stable surface that can handle up to 440 lbs. of weight during an examination.
- Manufactured in beautiful eucalyptus wood
- Protect medical exam tables from dirt and moisture and eliminate linen and laundry costs with Medline exam table paper
- 72 inch Length by 28 inch Wide by 23 to 33 inch Adjustable Height
Medical Exam Table Demo
Selecting the right option
It is paramount to select a medical exam table that will help patients remain as comfortable and relaxed as possible throughout their examination. There are some stylistic considerations you may also want to ponder- choosing a medical exam table, whether for generic evaluations or simple blood drawing, that is attractive and contributes to the authority and comfort of the exam area can contribute to the patient's sense of trust.
|Medical Exam Tables||Price||Dimensions||Weight|
|The Scientific Hardwood Classic Medical Exam Table||$||74.8 x 24.4 x 33.1 inches||71 lbs|
|The Brewer Basic Medical Exam Table||$$||71 x 26.5 x 32 inches||288 lbs|
|The Econo Medical Furniture Power Exam Table||$$$||74 x 27 x 35 inches||350 lbs|
|The Medical Furniture Tables Exam Table||$$||72 x 30 x 33 inches||N/A|
|The Bariatric Power Exam Table||$$||72 x 30 x 33 inches||N/A|
Some medical exam tables will be oriented lower to the ground to accommodate physicians that like to conduct examinations while sitting on a chair or adjustable swivel stool.
- Typically a manual medical exam table will have a high weight capacity,
- include seamless drawers,
- provide strong leg step supports,
- be relatively easy to wipe down and clean,
- have durable upholstery for prolonged and comfortable use by patients,
- and be backed up by a dependable warranty from a reputable manufacturer.
A quality exam table is truly the centerpiece of the physicians' workspace. It is also probably the first thing a patient notices when entering into a doctors office before undergoing a major or minor medical examination or procedure.
For that reason, it's important to take some time to consider the best option for your medical practice. For instance, if you deal with overweight patients, there are bariatric medical exam tables available for purchase. As well, there are pediatric alternatives, medical exam tables that sit lower to the ground as well as others that are oriented higher with adjustable heights.
They are even highly basic medical exam tables that are more like massage tables-featuring four legs and a cushioned top. As you can see there a variety of different options available to you but it is really your own requirements that will dictate the style of medical exam table that you should purchase.