The 5 Best Lawn Sweepers [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A lawn sweeper is an outdoor tool that is used to clear and collect debris such as leaves, twigs, and grass clippings left behind after mowing (Source).
Depending on the lawn-leaf sweeper, it is either pushed from behind (the Agri-Fab Push Sweeper & the Yardwise) or towed across lawns (like the Agri-Fab pull lawn sweeper).
Scroll down to check out our comparison table for an easy overview.
Some lawn sweepers have handles that allow them to be pushed from behind by a person walking, while some have a place where they are hooked up to a lawn mower and towed across the lawn (Source).
A lawn sweeper is equipped with brushes underneath it. As the lawn sweeper is pulled or pushed, the brushes beneath it spin and pick up various forms of debris and collects them inside a hopper or bag (Source).
- Comparing Them
- How They Compare
- How To Use A Lawn Sweeper
- Best Lawn Sweeper For 2021
- 1. The Agri-Fab 45-0492 44″ Lawn Sweeper Review
- 2. The Agri-Fab 45-0218 26″ Push Lawn Sweeper Review
- 3. The Yardwise 21″ Push Lawn Sweeper Review
- 4. The Ohio Steel 50SWP26 Pro Pull Sweeper Review
- 5. The Ohio Steel 42SWP22 Pull Sweeper Spiral Brush Review
Buyers rave about how useful their lawn sweepers are. They also mention that if you’re having any trouble with your lawn sweeper that it’s likely because you simply need to adjust the height of the brushes.
One buyer also suggested that when using a pull behind leaf sweeper that you should avoid going very fast to help ensure the most effective use of your pull behind leaf sweeper and prevent any damage to it as well.
How To Use A Lawn Sweeper
- Perform any necessary assembly of your lawn sweeper according to manufacturer instructions.
- If you’ve chosen a tow behind or pull behind lawn sweeper, you’ll need to hook it up to your lawn mower.
- Now, you’ll either pull your lawn sweeper with your lawn mower, or you’ll push your lawn sweeper from behind all across your yard. It’s best to do this in a similar pattern to how you mow your yard.
- Play around with the brush height of your lawn sweeper as well as the speed you use your lawn sweeper at until you find the perfect height and speed for the most efficient lawn sweeping.
- When the hopper becomes full, you’ll need to empty it either into trash bags or whatever your desired location is.
- Continue to push or pull your lawn sweeper across your lawn, emptying the hopper as needed, until your lawn is clear of debris.
Best Lawn Sweeper For 2021
We are a team of product researchers that specializes in assembling comprehensive buying guides. Our team has a variety of backgrounds, with a mixture of soft and hard sciences represented. Check out our About page to read more about our reviews and editorial process.