The 5 Best [Ranked] Portable Hot Tubs
Soaking in a hot tub is one of the best things you can do relax you after a hard day at work. While a permanent hot tub fixture is expensive to set up and maintain, an inflatable hot tub purchase can be a cheaper alternative.
Inflatable hot tubs are generally pretty portable, though they do require some upkeep, just like a traditional hot tub.
Another advantage to inflatable hot tubs is they can be inflated for use and then deflated for storage purposes.
Some of the tubs also feature massaging jets - like our top pick the Coleman Lay Z Spa. We've reviewed 5 of the best-selling options on the market today.
Have a look at them to help you decide on the right portable hot tub for you.
Inflatable Hot Tubs Compared
|Inflatable Hot Tub||Our Rating (1-5)||Price|
|The Coleman Lay Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub||4.5||$$|
|The Intex PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set||3.7||$$|
|The Bestway Lay Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub||4.2||$$$$|
|The Lay Z Spa Hawaii Hydrojet Inflatable Hot Tub||3.7||$$$|
|The Coleman Lay-Z Inflatable Hot Tub w/ Cartridges||4.3||$$$|
Top 5 Inflatable & Portable Hot Tubs
If you are looking for an affordable and feature-rich inflatable hot tub, the Coleman Lay Z Spa could be a good choice. Made of durable fabric-coated cover, it is a resilient option with a cushioned floor for added comfort. The drain valve is conveniently placed and the tub has luxury features such as the Lay-Z massage feature, which is an added advantage. With the well-reputed Coleman name, you can be assured of a durable product. The integrated filter also helps to maintain the cleanliness of the tub.
- Easy to set up. No extra tools required
- Does not need extra steps to get into the tub- you can easily step inside
- Durable tub made of high strength TriTech fabric material and an outer cover made of laminate PVC
- Tub fills up quickly even with a normal garden hose of standard size
- Good customer service
- Digital control for controlling heater and bubbles
- Child safety protection to prevent unauthorized access
- The time taken for the tub to be heated to its maximum temperature of 104 degrees is 24 hours, which is kind of long
- Tub is not usable outdoors when the temperature drops below 40 degrees
The Intex PureSpa Portable Bubble is a more expensive option than the Coleman hot tub and not as highly rated by our testers. It does feature an insulated lid and lock. This ensures added safety and the heat loss is also reduced. A family of four can fit in the tub comfortably. The hot tub comes with various accessories including heating system, 2 filter cartridges, a three-way test strip, inflation hose, a thermal cloth for the ground and a carry bag. The Intex hot tub also has a capacity of 210 gallons of water.
- Convenient control panel, which helps activate 120 jets for massaging
- The jets are built into the inner lining of the tub
- Made of puncture resistant, sturdy and durable material
- Treats hard water, so it is gentle and soothing on the skin. It also helps in preventing water sediments from clogging the hot tub parts
- Replaceable filter cartridges help in easy maintenance
- Grab handles provide easy portability and comfort
- Heater takes too long to heat the water
- The smooth inner lining without any texture can be a bit slippery for some
Intex Inflatable Hot Tub Video Review
If you require a hot tub with a smaller footprint, the Bestway Lay Z Spa Miami inflatable hot tub could be a good choice. It also has an affordable price tag, which is a definite draw. It also has an easy filling system with a digitalized control panel. Ideal for households that have limited space- the tub can easily fit into balconies, conservatories and small gardens. This portable hot tub ships with a maintenance guide, an installation chemical floater and 2 spare filter cartridges.
- Affordable when compared to the other inflatable hot tubs
- Durable I-Beam construction ensures the tub does not bend or buckle under weight
- Can be installed in just few minutes with the handy set-up guides
- Clip on cover is easy to store the tub in when the tub is not needed
- Good massage jet and safety features
- Free delivery offered by some retailers
- Chemical floater and filters ensure clean and fresh water
- The maximum temperature reached is 40 degrees
- Needs to be restarted once in every 3 days
- No massaging jets
Bestway Hawaii Hot Tub Video Review
The Lay Z Spa Hawaii Hydrojet is one of Bestway’s top-selling inflatable hot tubs, which is one of the more well-reputed names in the industry. For those who prioritize comfort and low maintenance, this hydrojet model is a solid option. Some of its best features include adjustable hydrojets, integrated filtration system for water and fast heating process, and its ability to accommodate 6 people comfortably. An installation maintenance guide is provided that really helps that the setup will get done quickly and without too much hassle.
- Cushioned floor, line valve and handles for lifting provide added comfort
- Light in weight, hence easy to set up
- Has hard water and salt water treatment process
- Safety features such as lock clips for protection, leatheroid cover and an in-built insulation chamber help in providing proper protection
- Two cartridges are provided free, to ensure you get refreshing and clean spa water
- The hydrojets and bubbles cannot be used simultaneously
- Heater cannot be used with the bubbles or jets
Setting Up The BestWay Inflatable Hot Tub
If you are looking for a hot tub that provides a soothing bubble bath, requires little maintenance and has a relatively affordable price tag the Coleman Lay Z with filter cartridges could be a quality option. Coleman products are reputed for their durability and comfort factors. This product too does justice to the Coleman name. With features such as the Lay-Z massage system, integrated water filtration, fast heating and six filter cartridges, this hot tub could be a good purchase.
- Easy installation- no additional tools are needed
- Easy to get inside the tub
- Fills up quickly even with a normal garden hose
- Pump and heater do not create much noise
- Friendly and helpful customer service, especially the phone support
- Relatively longer time needed for heating the tub to maximum of 104 degrees
- The tub cannot be used at a temperature of less than 40 degrees Fahrenheit
- Change of filters every week is a hassle and costly too
- Chemicals for the water need to be purchased separately
How to take care of your hot tub water
What is an inflatable hot tub?
An inflatable spa & hot tub is a type of hot spa tub which is transportable, less space-consuming than normal hot tubs, and produced from substances which are significantly less hard compared to standing types. Just like various other inflatable products and equipment, it is usually inflated employing an air pump, which might likewise be able to extract the air out from the hot spa tub when it's time for you to store the product.
A blow up hot spa tub frequently includes a cover, much like conventional spas, even though it is generally additionally inflatable. You will find benefits and drawbacks to using an inflatable hot spa tub.
It is usually transferred effortlessly around, also it can also end up being used on holidays when you are traveling. In many instances, a blow up spa is generally smaller sized than the usual ordinary, fixed hot spa jacuzzi. This really is both a benefit and a drawback since it provides much less room for individuals to take a seat in it, additionally, it takes significantly less time and energy to warm up.
One more reason why some individuals buy blow up hot tubs rather than ordinary hot tubs is cost. They're usually a lot more reasonably priced, even though the cost can differ depending upon the unit. One of the greatest drawbacks of an blow up hot tub is its dimensions. It can hardly ever support as many people as a ordinary hot tub, so it is much less suitable for use while entertaining your friends and family.
This often is not a difficulty for those who intend to use one by themselves, or with simply a single other person. Some blow up hot tubs can take up to six people, but fitting six adults generally in most of these units may well feel a bit crowded.
Similar to every other type of hot tub, an inflatable unit demands upkeep. So as to keep it in excellent condition, it is essential to comply with every one of the servicing principles outlined in the user guide.