The 5 [Best] Induction Cooktops
An induction cooktop is an alternative to more traditional gas or electric cooktops. They use electromagnetic energy rather than using heating elements or burners.
The manufacturers claim that they are more efficient and safer than traditional gas and electric cooking options (Source).
You may be wondering “How does induction cooking work?” Well, it’s a very unique and innovative concept.
How Induction Cooking Works
An induction cooktop works by utilizing electromagnetic energy to heat the pot or pan itself rather than just creating heat that transfers to the pot or pan from underneath (Source).
With induction cooking, the cooktop itself remains cool to the touch. Buyers mention the importance of having the right cookware for induction cooktops to work with induction cooking (Source).
Induction Cooking Demonstrated
Is Your Cookware Compatible?
Not all cookware is compatible with an induction cooktop. To see if your cookware is cookware for induction cooktops, check to see if a magnet will stick to the bottom of it. If the magnet sticks, your cookware will work with an induction cooktop.
One buyer suggests that if you’re using a nonstick pan, to start your induction cooktop at a lower temperature before turning it all the way up so that your cookware heats a little slower. This will help preserve the nonstick coating on your cookware.
Induction Cooktops Compared
|Induction Cooktops||Our Rating||Price ($)|
|The Secura Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner||4.3||$|
|The Rosewill Induction Cooker Cooktop||4.2||$|
|The NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop||4.1||$$|
|The Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner||4.4||$|
|The Cuisinart Double Induction Cooktop||4.0||$$$|
Benefits of Induction Cooktops
- Induction cooktops are much more energy efficient than other cooktop options
- Since induction cooktops use 90% of their energy output to cook food, they don’t heat the kitchen itself up like gas and electric cooktops do• Most are portable induction cooktops
- The surface of the induction cooktop itself doesn’t get hot making it much safer, especially around kids
- Induction cooktops heat much faster and therefore reduce cooking time
- Cleaning induction cooktops is very easy by simply wiping them down• You can set the exact temperature you want when using an induction cooktop
- Temperature remains even with induction cooktops