The 5 Best Hydraulic Crimping Tools [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hydraulic crimping tools are specialty, professional pliers designed for the crimping of copper, aluminum, various metals, as well as types cable wiring and butt connectors (Source).
Crimping pliers will crush metal objects to create what is called a crimp, which describes a tight join or closure that will not open back up on its own.
The 13.2 lb., TMS Hydraulic crimper is our top pick- it is a 16 ton crimping tool that ships with 11 dies, a rugged carrying case, 1 die positioning pin, with a crimping range of 16 to 300 mm2.
Top Pick: The TMS Crimper
Users recommend this particular hydraulic crimping tool as a value-buy, though you will have to play around with the different die sizes to get quality crimps.
With many users referencing an online conversion table to decipher the dies that had metric labels.
TMS Video Overview
Many users were initially suspicious that this hydraulic crimping tool would be effective at such a low cost, but they were for the most part pleasantly surprised at its efficacy, though they caution you will need to fiddle around with it a bit to get it working the way you want.
Let's take a look at five of the best-selling hydraulic crimping tools on the market today and see how they compare.
- Top Pick: The TMS Crimper
- Comparing The Options
- The Five Best Hydraulic Crimping Tools
- 1. The TMS 16 Ton Hydraulic Wire Battery Cable Lug Terminal Crimper Review
- 2. The Electriduct 8 Ton Hydraulic Crimping Tool Review
- 3. The Penson 10 Ton Hydraulic Wire Battery Cable Lug Terminal Crimper Review
- 4. The Automotive Tools 16 Ton Hydraulic Wire Terminal Crimper Review
- 5. The 11 Ton TEMCO Hydraulic Cable Lug Crimper Review
- What are users saying?