What Are Buyers Saying?
The first home gym we examined is manufactured by Marcy. This home strengthening and bodybuilding machine is designed to save space while still providing a powerfully functional exercise workout routine in your residence. It features a weight stack lock, removable arm curl, dual functioning press arms, a leg developer and provides rowing exercises.
- One reviewer says that he was in the market for a moderately priced piece of home exercise equipment that would provide diverse body building and strengthening routines he could perform in his garage.
- Since this body builder stands at over 6 foot 3, he was initially concerned that it wouldn't accommodate his size, but he tells us that overall he is satisfied with this purchase, saying it was a value buy that provides dynamic and diverse exercises in the home.
- Other reviewers say that it is well-made, though you'll have to be patient assembling it because there are many different parts to piece together.
The Bowflex PR1000
The second home gym we examined was the Bowflex PR1000. They say it can provide over 30 different types of strength exercises, includes a rowing station and it's equipped to generate 210 pounds of resistance. Indeed, it's marketed towards men and women looking to tone and firm up their shoulders, arms, abdominals, back, and lower body muscles.
- One reviewer says that if you're interested in and toning your gluteus, the way it works is you just need to employee a strap behind your heels and then perform leg pullbacks.
- Another reviewer tells us that his neighbor helped him put it together and it took them in total about an hour of work in the afternoon.
- In addition, he informs us that there is a tremendous variety of workouts you can perform- it's best to consult Bowflex's body plan book and YouTube videos to understand the full breadth of this machine's capabilities.
- Addressing a common concern, he tells us that in his experience he hasn't yet maxed out the weights-though he also says that if you are a professional bodybuilder you wouldn't be purchasing a home model like this anyway. You'd probably be getting an Olympic bench press machine.
- Overall, this home gym workout equipment will add some bulk and get you in shape if you use it consistently.
The Bowflex Revolution
The third option we examined was the Bowflex Revolution home gym- this was a more expensive option than some of the alternatives we examined. It's marketed as an especially compact option that provides smoothly consistent resistance throughout a diverse set of motion exercises.
There are over 100 exercises you can perform with resistance going up to 220 pounds with a maximum configuration of 300 pounds. It lets you develop your legs, use a preacher curl and includes a folding bench design.
- One reviewer says that while it is not a standalone replacement for going to Equinox, it does provide strong and dynamic workouts- convenient if you want to get some exercise in and without driving over to your exercise facility.
The fourth option we examined was the Weider home gym. One reviewer says that he primarily employees it to perform bench presses, pectoral flys, seated rows, lat pull downs and leg curls. Buyers are overall pleased but do complain of that it is incredibly complex to assemble.
The Body Solid
The last option we examined was the Body Solid commercial gym. You can actually accommodate three people at a time on it and it includes an incline press, a bench press, shoulder press, as well as a pectoral workout station.
This would be a solid purchase if you own a gym and want a dynamic, all in one workout station that can accommodate multiple people at the same time.
As with the other options, we examined, the assembly is complicated and reviewers say the directions are not as helpful as they could be. Because it has a lifetime warranty, many buyers were convinced to purchase, even though it is at the higher end of the price points we've seen.
Some opted to pay for assembly- not a bad decision considering how difficult this unit is to get up and running.