The 5 Best Gyro Machines | Shawarma Cooking
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feed your dinner guests something truly exotic- a Gyro machine is an exotic and impressive way of quickly preparing abundant amounts of delicious meats.
Who wouldn't be impressed watching a 10 pound hunk of lamb sizzling and dripping on a spit as orange burners radiate a soul-warming glow.
And there you are with an electric gyro knife shaving off crispy meat into store-bought pitas, gorging entire families with tender, dripping shawarma.
There are a couple high-quality gyro machines on the market- lets take a look at them and see how they compare.
- DOUBLE INFRARED BURNERS WITH CERAMIC COVER Heating More Evenly Designed To Provide A Crispy Outside While Keeping The Meat Juicy Inside. Two Temperature Controller Are Controlling Both Sides.
- Completely realized in stainless steel,very strong and durable,ensure high strength barbecue not out of shape.
- EASY TO CLEAN: The rotisserie oven features stain-resistant housing for easy cleaning Includes a kebob rack with seven skewers & grease drip tray for mess-free cooking
- Electrical: 120V/60Hz, Single Phase, 14 Amps
- Made of high quality stainless steel, resistant to burning and durable, ensuring high strength barbecue will not deform. The grill is adjustable for easy control of the grilling distance
How to make shawarma properly
What Are Customers Saying?
We reviewed a bunch of different customer reviews from different eCommerce sites to aggregate common feedback. Check out some of our learnings below:
- Gyro machines typically feature an open style structure with heating elements that include stainless steel reflectors.
- Gyro machines are also known as Shawarma machines and the Tacos Pastor Gyro maker is one of the most popular.
- Gyro machines will typically spin using several different burners to cook the meat.
- Some gyro machines will operate using propane gas-in which case a hose and regulator component will also be included.
- When looking for a commercial general machine or cooker, it's important to ascertain whether the manufacturer has spare Gyro machine parts available.
- A Gyro cooker that is for sale can be for commercial or home use and if it is for home use users like more miniature versions of these gyro machines so that the cooking and be done with a smaller footprint.
- Many users who purchased the Pastor machine were happily surprised at how evenly it cooked the meat.
- One user wrote of cooking between one and 40 pounds of meat at a time without any trouble.
- While many people who purchase these auto cooking kebab and rotisserie machines will do so for their kebab stand, other users purchase them because they want to serve guests at a backyard party in an eye-catching manner.
- Before purchasing, make sure you check which accessories are included- many manufacturers will throw in spare rotisserie skewers as well as kebab skewers and a large catch pan.
- In terms of what it can prepare, users describe creating turkey shawarmas, gyros, chicken shawarmas as well lamb shawarmas.
- Buyers also described sitting small Gyro cones onto their units- this is an easy way to start using your schwarma cooker right out of the box. You can usually pick these up at specialty supermarkets.
- Another user describes purchasing a conversion kit so that his cooker could operate on natural gas instead of propane.
- The slow spin cycle helps to crisp meat on the outside while preserving its tenderness on the inside.
What is a Gyro sandwich?
Gyros are stuffed sandwiches of rotisserie meats and various salad vegetables, usually tomatoes and shredded lettuce, with a tzatziki sauce. All of these different ingredients are stuffed into a sliced pita bread and then wrapped up in paper to protect from dripping. These are really delicious and convenient sandwiches to eat-especially if you're on the go and want some substantial protein.
Typically a Gyro sandwich can include three different types of meat: Lamb, chicken, beef or pork. Greek restaurants are famous for their gyros where they are sometimes referred to as souvlaki. In terms of its preparation, the different meats will be pressed into a cone shape that will be impaled on a spit rod that will slowly spin in front of roasting burners to cook it.
The Gyro machine operator will then shave off the cooked meat directly onto the pita bread and then prepare the sandwich with the other ingredients that we have already discussed. If you are in Greece, or even any authentic Greek restaurant, they sometimes prepare the Gyro sandwich with vinegar and dillweed as well as cucumbers- these ingredients tend to combine very well together for a tasty affect.
These are popular and cheap items to produce which is why if you are in New York City you'll see many small stands populating the streets where tourists and people that have even been drinking will find solid sustenance.
|The Autodoner Optimal Automatic Vertical Gyro Broiler||$$$||17 x 17 x 32.5 inches||66 lbs|
|The Tacos Al Pastor Gyro Machine||$$||15.6 x 14 x 27 inches||45 lbs|
|The Eurodib Gas Gyro Machine||$$$||21 x 25 x 39 inches||69 lbs|
If you are considering purchasing a Gyro machine, read our reviews above and carefully consider the product you intend to purchase- it's always best to do some thorough research before committing to a fairly sizable acquisition like a Gyro machine.