The 5 Best Frozen Lasagnas You Can Buy Online
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In this post, we ranked 5 of the best-selling frozen lasagnas you can buy online. Frozen lasagna can be a fast and potentially healthy option- delivered to your door!
Sometimes cooking a complicated meal can seem like an uphill task- especially when dealing with a hectic lifestyle.
If yes, frozen lasagna could be your best bet as the better-quality options offer a mouth-watering appearance with soft, chewy texture and crisp edges. Lasagna is an Italian variety that is as tasty as it is versatile.
Whether you cook fresh lasagna or purchase the packaged variety, you can always freeze it up for a significant amount of time and then bake it when you require the convenience of a quick meal.
One key advantage of frozen lasagna is that you can take it right off the freezer and bake it in a pre-heated oven, thus saving up on the time for thawing.
We recommend buying a frozen lasagna with fast shipping- if you have Amazon Prime, you can see many of the frozen lasagnas are eligible for 2-day shipping.
Comparing The Frozen Lasagna
- Twelve 7.5 oz. microwavable bowls of Chef Boyardee Lasagna
- Lasagna pasta with chunky tomato and meat sauce
- One 13.1 oz. box of Velveeta Skillets Classic Lasagna Dinner Kit
- Velveeta Skillets Classic Lasagna Dinner Kit delivers liquid gold flavor
- This looks and tastes like something you'd order at an authentic Italian restaurant! Made even better with more Ricotta cheese for an enhanced flavor, and loaded with genuine Omaha Steaks ground beef, our Meat Lover's Lasagna is a hearty, satisfying main dish the whole family will love
- Made even better with more Ricotta cheese for an enhanced flavor, and loaded with genuine Omaha Steaks ground beef, our Meat Lover's Lasagna is a hearty, satisfying main dish the whole family will love.
- Ships frozen, CANNOT be cancelled after being processed.
- 100% Satisfaction guaranteed. If you are not satisfied with your order, contact us directly for a full refund.
- Kosher and BPA Free Cans
Unboxing & Microwaving Stouffers
The Lunchtime Review YouTube channel did a taste test of the Stouffer’s Meat Lovers Lasagna frozen meal.
This meat lovers lasagna contains tomato sauce, pepperoni, Italian sausage, ground beef and pork at a 420 calorie count.
- Pricing: Usually, a pre-prepared, store-bought dish is more expensive than cooking it yourself. However, sometimes, the reverse becomes true when it’s actually more expensive if you make the dish yourself. Perhaps that is the truth about lasagna. But always keep it in your mind that if the ultimate price of pre-packaged lasagna at a store is substantially less than the cost of purchasing the ingredients to prepare one at home, then there is a good probability that whatever is in it is not something you would like to put in your body.
- Preparation: When it comes to this classic comfort food, you will need some associated things like microwave-safe plastic wrap or wax paper, kitchen thermometer and aluminum foil.
- Thawing? Whatever brand of frozen lasagna you buy, for quickest reheating and the best results, try to thaw the piece overnight. If you need faster reheating from the frozen form, thaw lasagna in your microwave first and finish it in your oven afterward.
- Safety: Consider being cautious when removing the hot tray of lasagna from your oven and when taking off the cover, as the steam generating from it can be extremely hot.
What You Need To Know
Put simply, lasagna is one of those ultimate one-pot meals that are difficult to go wrong with – whether you are cooking it for the family dinner or for a potluck. With layers of vegetables, cheese, sauce, and sometimes meat, sandwiched between layers of pasta, lasagna is a dish that is as fun to eat as it is to prepare.
Lasagna comes in different versions, both around the world and within Italy. While in Italy, you can buy handmade, high-quality fresh pasta sheets, it’s hardly the case outside Italy. However, if you can’t have fresh pasta, making it from scratch is quite easy. Once you become used to it, you can prepare fresh pasta quite quickly.
Coming back to store-bought lasagna, prepared with ingredients at their optimal flavor and freshness, this is a fast and convenient meal that you can store in its actual packaging for up to 6 months. You can also store fresh lasagna prepared at home in the freezer for the same amount of time, as long as you wrap and contain it properly.
You can bake store-bought frozen lasagna as-is, straight from your freezer, in a pre-heated oven.
Though there will be package directions about how long to bake the piece for, it is a general rule that it takes around 90 minutes for an average-sized frozen lasagna to be baked. One important thing you should keep in mind is that when freezing fresh lasagna, regardless of the portion size, always use properly closed freezer-safe containers, and get rid of as much air from its packaging as you can.
This will keep moisture and unwanted contaminants out.
How To Cook It In An Oven
In terms of how to reheat frozen lasagna, it can be cooked in the oven to have a delectable meal on the table with little effort. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
Video Guide: Oven Guide
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cover the piece of lasagna in an aluminum foil, and place it in your oven on a middle shelf. In case your oven comes with only two shelves, it is recommended to use the bottom one.
- Heat the piece in your oven until the fillings start to sizzle. Use a kitchen thermometer to measure the internal temperature of the lasagna, which should be 165°F when it is fully heated. Depending on the number of sheets included and the volume of your lasagna, it may take around 1 hour to complete.
- Remove the foil cover of the lasagna and continue cooking the piece for around 10 minutes more, until the top becomes well browned. Bring the lasagna out from the oven and keep it for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
You can watch this other instructional video to get a clear idea of cooking frozen lasagna using the oven.
But there are a lot of people who still struggle with it!
Had a frozen lasagna for dinner tonight. Why the heck does it have to bake for 80 minutes??
— Makla (@Cacklez) December 1, 2018
How To Cook It In A Microwave
This process comes in handy in case you have forgotten to thaw your lasagna earlier. Your microwave can do both the jobs: defrosting and cooking. Let us have a look at the procedures.
Video Guide: Microwaving Guide
- Pull out the frozen lasagna from the freezer and put it on a microwave-safe tray. Use microwave-safe plastic wrap or wax paper to cover the dish. Remember to follow this step, or else, you may have to spend time cleaning your gadget later.
- Use the defrosting option of the microwave to thaw the lasagna. Depending on the thickness and size of the piece, the waiting time would vary. A couple of minutes would suffice if you only cook a portion for yourself. It may extend up to more than 10 minutes if you place a large tray full of the frozen piece for the entire family.
- Change the microwave setting to full power once the lasagna gets defrosted. At this point, you should have to wait only for 2 to 3 minutes for a small sized piece and longer for larger pieces. Use a kitchen thermometer to measure the internal temperature, which should ideally be 165°F.
Check out this video to learn more about this method.
While you don’t need to be a genius to prepare lasagna, you may not always have the time to prepare all the ingredients, assemble multiple layers and then wait around another an hour for it to bake. There are times when you need to turn to frozen lasagna. It becomes a savior if you’re a busy home cook – especially with a family to feed.
There are some healthy and good options available in the supermarket at affordable prices – from vegetable ones to the ones with meaty goodness.
Here is a good list of the best-frozen lasagnas that can act as your savior in almost any common scenario.
Lasagna Cooking – Common Mistakes
Undoubtedly, lasagna is the perfect dish for a large group and can be kept in stock and frozen, which is easy to prepare.
Also, you may have heard some people saying that you don’t need a perfect recipe for your lasagna as you can throw some ingredients into it and bake it. You may think that all it takes is noodles, cheese and sauce to score an amazing batch. But in reality, it may not be that easy.
There are some common factors/mistakes that distinguish a great lasagna from an average one. So, you should avoid these mistakes to ensure you rustle up a delectable dish of lasagna with a filling that’s herby, creamy and downright delicious.
If you want some inspiration to cook or buy your own, check out this HuffingtonPost list:
|2||Simple Vegetarian Skillet|
|3||Creamy Spinach And Mushroom|
|4||Extra Cheesy Classic Homemade|
|6||Sausage, Sweet Potato And Zucchini|
|9||Spicy Mexican Roll Ups|
|12||Roasted Butternut Squash|
|14||Spaghetti Squash Boats|
|18||Roasted Garlic Eggplant Boats|
|20||Butternut Squash and Spinach Rolls|
|21||Springtime Veggie Skillet|