The 5 Best Floor Jacks [Ranked]
A quality floor jack for your garage or automotive repair shop is an essential item for car maintenance (Source).
It’s important to understand, if you are a vehicle owner, how large a floor jack you require. Floor jacks are intended to sustain a certain amount of weight for a certain amount of time (Source).
The type of floor jack you should buy really depends on whether you are doing relatively minor checks of the underside of your car for a couple minutes at a time.
If you need to conduct deeper inspections of heavier vehicles, or use the floor jacks for more extended periods of time, it would be a good idea to purchase a heavier duty floor jack.
Frequently floor jacks come with a case and a range of spare tools that can be useful for automotive maintenance.
Purchasing a floor jack is not always simple. You’ll need to shop around a bit, check out reviews, and just generally make sure that the product meets your personal automotive requirements.
Our Top Pick: The Pittsburgh Low-Profile Jack
- Provides a low-profile so you can easily place it beneath custom vehicles
- The Pittsburgh's extra wide steel casters provide added stability
- Engineered for DIY garage and professional mechanics
- Proprietary 'Rapid Pump' system will lift with far fewer pumps than comparable models
- A universal joint release enables for precise load control, no matter the handle position
- A 2-piece steel handle provides a rugged grip and it is loaded with a foam bumper that helps to prevent vehicle damage
Pittsburgh Video Overview
- Our Top Pick: The Pittsburgh Low-Profile Jack
- Comparing Them
- Floor Jack Reviews
- What are customers saying about floor jacks?
- Some Old Favorites
- How does a floor jack work?
- Racing floor jack can be used for general or specialty use and features a 1.5 ton (3,000 lb) capacity
- Extra low profile
- Capacity: 3 ton (6000 lbs), low profile chassis with min lifting height of 3.74 inches, max height reach 18.9 inches
- Racing floor jack can be used for general or specialty use and features a 3 ton (6,000 lb) capacity
- The easy-to-access red lowering lever ensures lowering the vehicle is achieved swiftly and safely thanks to the two-stage descent feature and safety stop. Empowering the user with dual lowering speeds, with a press of the lever, a slow or rapid descent can be achieved.
Floor Jack Reviews
This industrial-quality floor jack is great for heavy duty use by automotive enthusiasts and professional mechanics.
It lifts rapidly with just three and a half pumps thanks to its exclusive dual-piston parallel pump system. A universal joint release gives it a precise load control under any position. It has a 3-ton capacity with an extra-low profile that lets it fit under most cars. The maximum lift height of this jack is 19.75 inches.
Moreover, its foam bumper protects your vehicle from damage when this jack is in use.
This red heavy duty floor jack has a 3-ton capacity with a lifting range of 5.3 to 15 inches while the jack’s stand rises from 11 to 16 inches.
One of most important features of this jack is that it has a built-in overload system which prevents anyone from using it beyond its allowed capacity.
The padded creeper sits on top of six extra-tough casters for stability and strength. This jack has a low profile and is suitable for any standard car.
If you are after a jack with a larger weight capacity than the average in the market, this one is for you.
It has a lifting capacity of 4 tons (up to 8,000 pounds) with a range of 4 to 20 inches high. Because of its low profile, it is suitable for small sedans, sports cars, SUVs and other vehicles with high ground clearance. The built-in overload valve system of this jack prevents it from getting used more than its maximum capacity.
This jack also has 2 rear casters that pivot 360 degrees for easy maneuver. Saddling it into position is possible with not too much effort.
Created by one of the industry’s leading heavy duty equipment makers come this durable jack with ergonomic design and rust-resistant finish.
To ensure solid load contact, it features a 360-degree swivel saddle. It also has ball bearing swivel castors that allow for easy jack positioning. This jack has a heavy gauge steel frame that can carry up to a 3-ton weight. Other useful features include a foot pump and a handle with an extra-large grip.
According to reviews, this jack is more suitable for SUVs and other vehicles with high chassis. It may also take more than 20 pumps depending on your vehicle to get a good clearance.
Lightweight and handy, this jack has been tested for safety and reliability to meet ASME PALD 2009 standards.
This dual piston fast-rising jack takes only 9 strokes to achieve its maximum lift. However, it only accommodates up to a 2.5-ton weight. On the positive side, its low profile design makes it suitable even for low-chassis vehicles. Lift height is adjustable from 3.94 to 18.11 inches. The tubular frame of this jack is constructed from high-grade steel for durability.
On the aesthetics, it is resistant to rust, oil, dirt and grease, giving it an extended service life with proper use and maintenance.
What are customers saying about floor jacks?
Some Old Favorites
Some of our old favorites have limited availability- but they’re still good, if in stock:
|Floor Jacks||Our Rating||Price|
|The 3-Ton Floor Jack||4.7||$$|
|The Big Red 3 Ton Garage Jack||3.0||$$$$|
|The Maasdam Pow'R Lift||3.4||$$|
|The Strongway Hydraulic Aluminum Service Jack||4.0||$$$$|