The 5 Best Eye Massagers [Ranked]
Eye massagers can be a great way to relieve temple pressure, eye strain, headaches, and even to treat facial pain.
These are unique, high-tech pain-relief aids that typically offer a range of massage modes, heat settings, and music options. They are portable and battery-powered, so you’ll be able to transport them easily.
Many eye massagers also come with a convenient remote control that will allow you to adjust the experience of the massage while you have the mask or headset on.
While these are highly innovative products, it’s important to understand that you will likely need to fiddle with the settings to find a configuration that’s best suited to your needs (ie, intensity, music settings, etc.).
A small population of users do not react well to the eye massagers, while many others report dramatic improvement of formerly intractable chronic pain conditions. In our estimation it’s best to do your own research.
Our Top Pick: The Breo ISee4 Eye Massager
The 11 oz., Breo iSee 4 wireless, digital eye massager is our top pick- it includes air pressure, vibration, heat modes, designed to provide a wireless eye massage that can help relieve fatigue and strain in your ocular region.
Admittedly there are some mixed reviews about this unit- some find it incredibly effective, relaxing and pleasant.
Breo Isee4 Video Review
While others don't like the temple pressure or the music mode. Users do agree that the quality is amazing, however- closely resembling an Apple product. In all, you likely won't know if this is a good product for you until you purchase and try it.
Luckily, there is a robust return policy on Amazon.com- so if you buy it, and are one of the users to don't enjoy the eye massage experience, you can safely return it for a full refund.
Our recommendation is if you suffer from eye fatigue and strain, or poor circulation in your ocular region, it's probably worth trying one of these eye massagers to see if they can help.
They could be a cheaper home option than booking expensive spa days at your local salon every week!
- Apple-quality product
- Pressure & heat can help with headaches and eye fatigue
- Good for circulation issues
- Comfortable Heating Massage: RENPHO eye massager built-in heating pads provide a comfortable temperature between 104 and 107 degrees Fahrenheit (40℃-42℃). This eye device is not suitable for individuals who have undergone eye operation, retina condition, cataract, glaucoma, etc.
- Comfortable Heating Massage - Renpho eye massager built-in heating pads provide a comfortable temperature between 104 and 107 degrees Fahrenheit(40℃-42℃), better for relaxing eye puffiness, dry eyes, etc. A hot compress can regulate the metabolism of the eyes, more effectively improve symptoms such as dry eyes, and reduce dark circles. Note 1: We do not recommend customers use eye machines if they have undergone eye operation, retina condition, cataract, glaucoma, etc.
- EYE MASSAGER WITH HEATING FUNCTION: The built-in heating pad of the wohbay eye massager can raise the temperature to a comfortable temperature between 104°F and 107°F (40°C-42°C) within 10 seconds. Effectively improve dry and tired eyes and reduce dark circles.
- Deep Relief of Eye Strain: intelligent eye massager uses vibration and pressure massage to simulate human massage techniques, accurately pressing acupoints around the eyes, gentle and powerful, with strong penetration. It quickly relieves dry, astringent, tired eyes, and migraines for 15 minutes per day. Deeply relieve eye fatigue and enjoy a relaxing day!
- 【2 Levels Compression Eye Massage】 With the high-tech motor, and trigger point massage, RENPHO eye massager replicates the human massage effect of squeezing and kneading, helping to refresh your eyes, reduce styes, sore eyes, dark circles. You can choose between 2 adjustable compression intensity settings to enjoy a vacation for your eyeballs and a better sweet dream. Note 1: You can adjust to low compression when you feel too strong.
Our Five Favorite Eye Massagers
Benefits Of An Eye & Scalp Massage
There are many benefits to receiving an eye and head massage.
1. It can help to prevent headaches, migraines, reduce puffiness and even soothe back pain. Tension that occurs in the upper back, the neck and head frequently results in migraines and headaches. Left untreated, over a long time, this can lead to depression.
2. Massages that focus on the head exclusively can actually promote hair growth. This occurs because increased circulation boosts oxygen and helps to nourish the scalp and hair follicles, resulting in increased hair growth.
3. Another benefit is detoxification. Lymphatic drainage and increased blood flow throughout the neck is crucial in assisting the elimination of waste from the body.
4. Massage of the eyes and the head can also help with insomnia and general sleeplessness. These sorts of restlessness are usually the side effects of stress and you will find that massage is a really useful means of increasing relaxation by alleviating physical symptomology.
5. Another surprising benefit to massage that focuses on the temple and the eyes is the alleviation of anxiety and depression symptoms. Massage increases the flow of oxygen to the brain which is a crucial method of diminishing anxiety and elevating one’s mood. This physiological effect is similar to the experience of exercising.
6. If you are at all into Ayurvedic medicine, you’ll understand that this sort of focused massage can have a powerful influence on your energy state, particularly the chakras.
7. Another interesting side benefit of head and eye massage is the memory benefits that are experienced. The influence of massage can help to calm the mind, diffusing cluttered thinking and helping you to gain a better perspective on life and the problems that you are currently facing.
Not everyone experiences the sensations from these devices the same way. Some people experience relief while others are baffled that they can provide any type of comfort at all.
That said, there are enough positive indications from people that have experienced complete pain relief, or at least dramatic alleviation of headaches and eye strain, that investigating this as an option for yourself could be a good idea.
Further, the adjustable settings of these devices will allow you to customize the experience. So even if one setting might be uncomfortable for you there’s a good chance that by adjusting the eye massager you’ll be able to find the custom mode that is best suited to you.
Many users report positive experiences when using these devices in conjunction with facial steamers. This is an innovative way of providing a truly comprehensive home facial-treatment regimen.
To ensure that you select the right massager for your needs, make sure that you carefully read our product reviews, and also check out the comments on the Amazon product pages. Especially with a device like this, with such a range of positive and negative experiences associated with it, be sure to read this information carefully.
It can be the difference in choosing a product that you love and one that you end up returning!