The 5 Coolest Dinosaur Costumes [Ranked]
If you're starved for costume ideas- you cannot go wrong with a dinosaur costume.
While the most popular is undoubtedly the inflatable T-Rex, there are some plush fabric slip-ons ideal for adult and children as well. The inflatable options are battery-powered by double AA or triple AAA fans.
This one even comes with a roaring sound!
Examining buyer feedback- purchasers say that these goofy costumes hilariously flop around. This weird contrast of terror and hilarity make them cosplay favorites whether you're celebrating Halloween or in a corporate costume competition.
It can be a little difficult putting it on for the first time. You'll need to first insert your head and arms and then wriggle your legs in.
One bit of warning- if you wear the costume in public, you will attract a lot of good (and bad) attention!
Comparing The Costumes
- Officially licensed Jurassic world t-rex costume fits a 42 to 44-inch jacket size with up 34 to 36-inch waist
- Inflatable costume with battery operated fan
- Inflatable OFFICIALLY LICENSED JURASSIC WORLD T-REX is standard child size
- BEFORE BUYING: Note that costumes are not the same size as clothing, for best results, READ REVIEWS
- Child's Jurassic World Velociraptor costume jumpsuit with attached shoe-covers and stuffable tail; mask included
- IMPORTANT: Costumes are sized differently than apparel, use the Rubie's Child Size Chart, do not choose based on child's age or clothing size
- 100% Polyester
- High quality - It's 100% made in polyester material, durable, soft and comfortable. Even in hot summer.
- Dinosaur is back to earth
- Very easy to put on. Detailed user instruction is included in the package
Rubie Video Review
5 Popular Options
Every now or then you may have a costume party to attend, or you have to take your kid out trick or treating. Well, it's no fun going out in a suit or casual clothes. Do you need a perfect costume a perfect dinosaur costume?
In this post, we explore the 5 best-selling dinosaur costumes for both adults and kids. Here are our top 5 picks.
1. The Luckysun T-Rex Costume
The most common costumes are vampires, pumpkins, skeletons, wizards but you will hardly see anyone dressed like a T-Rex. This unique costume allows you to be funny, cute, perky, and scary without worrying what others think of you.
This affordable costume does not require extra accessories like matching bags. This T-Rex costume stands at 2.2 meters and is made from durable polyester. This Lucksun costume is fitted with a pump that is compatible with 4AA batteries. This pump is designed to cool the suit. There are fastenings around the neck and foot which help keep the air inside.
- T-Rex Costume is unisex.
- It fully inflates in a minute, and it's easy to deflate
- You can quickly get on and off the T-Rex costume
- Can comfortably fit tall and large people
- Comes with a free drawstring bag
- Uses battery power quite fast; within 1 hour
2. Jurassic World Indominus Rex Costume
If your kid loves dinosaurs, then the Indominus Rex costume is something he/she will greatly appreciate. This costume is designed by Rubie's; a company that is known for creating some of the best costumes for Halloween, Easter, and Christmas. This Indominus Rex costume is lightweight, easy to put on and off, and is suitable for kids 5-7 years.
It is made from 100% polyester, measures 12 x 10 x 2 inches, and weighs 4 ounces. Another excellent thing about this costume is that it comes with an elastic vinyl half mask and Velcro closure. This Velcro closure allows you to stuff the tail easily.
- Very comfortable and soft
- Easy on/off
- Fits perfectly and holds up well.
- The eye holes have some rough points.
- The mask is made of plastic, so it's recommended to get a separate rubber mask.
3. Aoibox Adult Dinosaur costume
Do you need a costume that won't restrict your movement? Well, the Aoibox adult costume is designed to fit comfortably so that you can sit, sleep, and dance freely. This eye-catching costume is ideal for pajama sleepovers, cosplay events, parties, and will keep you very warm during winter.
This unisex adult costume is made from fleece material. It comes in four sizes:
Small size- suitable for people weighing less than 132lbs
Medium size – suitable for people who weigh less than 198lb
Large size- ideal for people weighing less than 220lb
Extra large size- ideal for people who weigh less than 275lb
A verified buyer shares that she 5'2, and she bought the small size. This costume reached above her ankle bone, and the sleeves reached the end of her wrists. She says she wore it to an event and found it to be cozy and she didn't want to take it off.
However, another user observed that it did tear a bit after washing, but that might be due to an error on the user's end.
- Very cozy
- Comes in four different sizes
- The tail is comfortable to sit on
- You have to buy the shoes separately.
4. Big Boy's Dinosaur costume
This costume by Princess Paradise is made from 100% polyurethane foam and 100% polyester fabric. There are elastic bands at the ankles and wrists, and this is to ensure those areas are not too tight on your child. The designer has sewn stuffed claws on the wrist and ankle cuffs.
This costume measures 14.1 x 13.2 x 3.2 inches and weighs 1 pound. A user mentions that her child could wear gloves and shoes while still on this costume. She adds that the child could play in this costume and she was not itchy.
- Has a zip on the front
- Its colors are bright and attractive.
- The tail wags as the child walks.
- The paws may not fit correctly on some children
5. Funstuff Baby Dinosaur costume
This dinosaur costume is one of the cutest outfits you can get for your 6-12 month baby. The front zip is designed for easy dressing. This adorable costume is machine washable, has dinosaur head footies, and a dinosaur's face is embroidered on its hood.
A user mentioned that she had used it outside the house and the baby remained warm and cozy. Another user observed that this Funstuff dinosaur costume is soft and so comfortable that her baby slept in it.
- Made from fleece
- It does not overheat.
- Snugly and cute
- It does not have a tail.
Dinosaur costumes are quite popular because they can be used for any occasion or holiday. The list above will help you get a T-Rex for yourself or your teenager, an Indominus Rex for your 5-7-year-old, a Big Boy's costume for your toddler, and a Funstuff costume for your baby.
One of the more popular options that we've seen is an officially licensed Jurassic World inflatable type- it comes in three different types of configurations a basic inflatable one, one with sound and a Velociraptor.
- One reviewer said that she purchased it as a gag gift for her friends birthday- he fell so in love with it that he started constantly wearing it. Since he loves attracting attention so much, he wears it outside and to different events including ice skating, bowling, skateboarding, which at least shows that it is pretty durable.
- On the plus side, the battery life is strong- her friend has worn it for over nine hours at a time without it deflating. It's incredibly popular with kids, and is good if you're in a colder climate because it tends to warm up on the inside.
- On the downside, though, you will got a lot of negative attention-people will harass you for selfies and photos, while also attracting more negative attention from people that will want to hit, punch and otherwise try to harm the costume.
- One reviewer assembled a handy list to help you put it on- he recommends that the first thing you should do is lay on the floor with the zipper facing up, insert your legs, then crouch into a ball, before very carefully rolling it over your head. Now that you're inside, the fan is on, you can zip it up and then insert your hands to each of the arm holes.
- This buyer says that it does get really hot inside-even after several minutes he will begin to feel it warm up and you will likely break into a sweat. This means that if you plan on wearing it for several hours at a time, indoors, you may want to take some rest breaks so that you don't overheat.
- Another reviewer who works at a theme park says that her primary job responsibility is to give customers a gentle flight-this particular style of costume fits the bill.
In general, it seems that buyers are pretty satisfied with what they get-they do recommend purchasing it in advance, especially if you are planning on wearing it to trick-or-treat or compete in a cosplay event. You'll want to make sure that it fits, that there is nothing defective about the fan or material, that way you'll have time to return it in advance.