The 5 Best Small Countertop Dishwashers [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A countertop dishwasher, also known as a compact or portable dishwasher, is a small dishwasher that typically will sit atop a flat, kitchen surface.
In general, these dishwashers will share many of the same features and functionalities of the larger models that usually come preinstalled in traditional kitchens, but they are smaller, more portable and consume less energy.
They will typically use an adapter that will connect to a sink faucet to supply water intake. The drain hose located in the rear of the dishwasher facilitates drainage and runs directly into the sink.
Countertop dishwashers are highly adaptable- they can be used if you have a really small apartment that didn’t come with a dishwasher, or even a larger space where you need a secondary dishwasher for some reason. Let’s take a look at some of our favorites that you can purchase online.
Our Top Pick: The SPT Countertop Dishwasher
- Durable stainless-steel interior and spray arm
- Dish rack and silverware basket; as much as a 6 standard place settings total capacity
- Easy to use controls; automated detergent and rinse agent dispenser
- Faucet adapter is provided for convenient and straightforward connection
- Features 6 wash cycles (heavy, normal, light, glass, speed, soak);
- Dimensions are (W x D x H) : 21.65 x 19.69 x 17.24 in
Counter-top Dishwasher Reviews
This durable countertop dishwasher is an ideal appliance for a cramped apartment or for your kitchen that just doesn’t have one already installed. This sleek, space-saving product is a great fit between most standard cabinetry and countertops. Its stainless steel interior, efficient design and Energy Star certification means it saves you from high electric bills. Apart from its looks, it also effectively cleans dishes and utensils. Even your most delicate Chinaware is going to have the wash it deserves as it comes in with 6 wash cycles to choose from. Handsome appearance, good cleaning and economical: is there anything you more ask for from a countertop dishwasher?
Economical, easy-to-use and durable is what this countertop dishwasher is all about. With a durable and stainless steel interior, this Energy Star certified appliance certainly fits under most kitchen cabinetry and countertops. Not only will this electronic dishwasher save you a ton of money from your electric bill, it also spares you from paying a lot from your water bill as it is known to have a low water consumption. With 6 wash cycles to choose from, it accommodates all of the care of your dishes and cutlery might need. This is a solid offering with a few minor drawbacks.
This countertop dishwasher is one of the best electronic dishwashers in the market today. Homeowners truly enjoy this quality appliance for a several reasons. Apart from its 6-place setting capacity, it is also known to have 5 kinds of cleaning programs to choose from, including quick wash. This dishwasher also comes with a floating switch and anti-flood device as a safety measure. This appliance with a stainless steel interior has a detergent and rinse aid dispenser, as well as easy-to-use control system, making it a dishwasher that provides great help to every homeowner.
Dishes and cutlery come out sparkling clean each time you use Midea Countertop Dishwasher. This sleek, durable and compact countertop dishwasher is one of the better electrical appliances we’ve assessed. It comes with hooks, hoses and everything you need to make it easier in installation. Not only that, this 6-Place Setting dishwasher also fits most common kitchen cabinetry and countertops as this appliance is ideal for small kitchen spaces. So the next time you want to buy a electric dishwasher, make sure to check out Midea’s countertop dishwasher and be blown away of its simple yet amazing features.
What cramped apartment kitchen can’t do without a portable countertop dishwasher? Don’t be fooled by the size of this 6 Place Setting electrical dishwasher. It might be small and mobile, but it can hold plates up to 10.5 in. in diameter and can fit under most kitchen cabinetry. It has a digital control panel with LED display, making it easy to operate. It also boasts six wash cycles, a delayed start feature and a child lock safety function. Not only that, it has a durable stainless steel interior and a 5 foot hose to make installation easier. It’s evidently a strong option to consider if you’re in the market for a portable dishwasher.
Watch a countertop dishwasher in action
Countertop Dishwasher FAQs
What should I consider before purchasing a countertop dishwasher?
- Be sure to take accurate measurements prior to purchase to ensure that you have the space to accommodate one of these dishwashers. It’s important to really take a look at the space you have between your counter and the bottom of a cabinet if that is where you are going to place the dishwasher.
- You might need to purchase a dishwasher with a pump if the water you are draining out of your dishwasher has to go above the level of the countertop dishwasher itself.
- Make sure you examine the number and type of different wash cycles. Everyone has different needs when it comes to a dishwasher, so if you know in advance that you need certain wash cycle functionalities-make sure you check out what the model offers prior to purchase.
- Consider the interior of the dishwasher– an interior that is made out of stainless steel will certainly be longer lasting than models that have plastic insides. Before you purchase, make sure that you understand the capacity of the countertop dishwasher. Most of the dishwashers that we examined were able to intake six place settings, but this capacity does very from model to model.
- Dry cycles are also really crucial to have. Most models will include a dry cycle, but just make sure that the one you end up purchasing does include this convenient feature.
- With many reputable brands entering into this market like Edgestar and Midea, you can be assured that you can be sure that you’re making a quality selection.
- Most of the units will come with ample hose length to ensure that you’ll be able to have enough hose to connect to a nearby faucet.
- A 120 V power outlet is also required to be nearby- but this is not typically an obstacle.
Installing and maintaining your countertop dishwasher
Luckily, when you purchase one of these models, the unit will come with everything you need to quickly set it up.
- The first thing that you will have to do is find the level surface where you will be placing your dishwasher.
- You’ll find that there’ll be two hoses, one is an inlet and the other is a drain hose. You’ll be able to attach these two hoses into the back of the dishwasher.
- Then you will connect to the adapter to the sink faucet and then connect both of the hoses to it.
- After that, you will then be able to plug in the dishwasher into an electrical outlet and start a wash cycle.
- Once the wash cycle is complete, you’ll unplug all of the hoses, store them someplace convenient and unload the dishwasher.
As you can see, it is unlikely you will require tools- this means that it is an appliance that is fairly simple to set up.
Long-term maintenance of your countertop dishwasher
In terms of long-term maintenance, you should be careful not to overload dishwasher, and make sure that silverware is not impeding the spray arm.
As with a traditional dishwasher, it makes sense to rinse off the dishes a bit before loading them into the dishwasher-remove excess food, and just give them a little bit of a prewash to ensure the long-term durability of your countertop dishwasher.
Taking care of your countertop dishwasher will ensure that it lasts for a long time, most likely outlasting your warranty, as well as saving you countless hours of drudgery handwashing your plates, forks and knives.
Countertop dishwashers are engineered to be compact, powerful as well as energy-efficient devices. They typically will hold six place settings and sit beneath the space between your countertop and cabinets. While they do not always have the same amount of features as a traditional dishwasher, they are surprisingly feature-rich units that can save you a ton of time hand cleaning your dirty dishes.
Countertop dishwashers are increasing in popularity, particularly in urban areas where people live in apartments that don’t usually include a traditional dishwasher. Some users even put their countertop dishwasher on a rolling cart, enabling them to move the unit into a nearby closet to free up more counter space.
These mini-dishwashers pack a powerful punch despite being so compact. Since they typically weigh less than 50 pounds, they are actually relatively portable.
In all, these units are worth investigating if you are tired of him cleaning all of your silverware and I’m looking for a modern and ingenious solution.