The 5 Best Chinese Dresses [Ranked]
In this post, we ranked some of the best-selling Chinese dresses. There is a range of colorful, modern as well as traditional styles you can choose.
For instance, Chinese women are known for wearing a qipao (Source).
The Qipao is known for being a form-fitting style that is easy to recognize virtually any place that you go.
A Beautiful Example
Some people may know this style of dress by a more common name that is called a banner dress.
Just like most companies have unique clothing that is only worn by women in certain cultures, this Chinese dress is one of the ways that will distinguish their women from others around the world today.
- Features: plus size, dragon print, collar, split side, bodycon
- 1. Product material: polyester. Chinese Style Cheongsam Mini Dress. The beautiful sleeve flower pattern makes the whole dress look more perfect.
- SIZE GUDIE:M:BUST:35" Waist:29" Hips:39" Shoulders:16" Dress length:52"---L:BUST:37" Waist:30" Hips:40" Shoulders:17" Dress length:53"---XL:BUST:38" Waist:32" Hips:42" Shoulders:18" Dress length:53"---2XL:BUST:40" Waist:33" Hips:44" Shoulders:19" Dress length:54"
- -★★Our cheongsam is only suitable for slender women-Our Size is Different from US Size Chart, DO NOT USE AMAZON SIZE GUIDE, Please Refer to Our Size Chart on the Left of the Pictures. As our size is a range of values.
- Designed for Asian sizes which could be 1 or 1.5 smaller than the US sizes; Please refer to the size measurement below before ordering
Can Foreigners Wear Chinese Dresses?
The YouTuber asked Chinese people on the streets of China what they think about foreigners wearing traditional Chinese dresses.
When you want to know more about Chinese dresses, it is important that you do your research on topics that’s related to past history and modern styles of this type of clothing.
Even though these dresses have evolved and changed over time, there are still commonalities that will help you to distinguish this nation’s dresses from other countries.
For instance, Chinese women dresses will often have specific types of features, patterns, designs, decorations that make them unique.
The designs and uniques can vary from one period in time including based on which dynasty is in power.
For instance, when a woman wore a black dress between the 17th and 21st (Xia Dynasty), this was considered to be a very dignified color.
On the other hand, the fashion colors changed to white or red as the higher social status during the Shang Dynasty. Therefore, you will need to trace Chinese history to see what the most prominent and high in social class standing was wearing.
It is also to important to note that the designs on a Chinese dress stood for certain things.
Typically, when women were very high in ranking during a certain period, their dresses were often adorned with embroideries that surrounded the borders of the dresses that were worn.
A DIY Qi Pao/Cheongsam+Pattern Making Tutorial
This YouTuber showcases how to make a traditional DIY Chinese New Year Dress.
Today, buying a Chineses dress may not be as simple as one may think.
- Which Style: Because there are so many different styles that the Chinese women wear today, you may need to be briefed on which dress is the best for your particular occasion. For instance, if you want the traditional Chinese dress, you may simply be looking for a fitted dress that only comes down to the knee. This dress may be purchased in a number of different colors based on preference and what is available online or in your retail store in your area.
- Traditional Options: Additionally, if you are buying the traditional Chinese dress, you should know where it should be worn. For instance, the fitted Chinese dress can be worn to the prom, the club, a party, an evening out on the town and other special occasions. These dresses are made out of specific types of materials like Chinese Satin.
- Modern Options: If you are not really looking to buy a traditional Chinese dress in your size, you may want to do a little research on the latest modern Chinese dress fashions. For instance, there are a host of other options that you can make your selections from, including the tunic modern Chinese dress style and the vintage floral stretch pencil style with an attached stand up collar.
When you are looking to save money on a Chinese dress, you may want to start by looking online for retail shops and wholesale shops that carry the type of dresses that you want.
It really does not matter if you are searching for a specific traditional Chinese dress or a more modern-day look with a stand-up collar attached, you will most likely have to shop around to find the collection that is on sale.
Also, if you are searching for a Chinese Wedding dress, you need to make sure that you find a shop that has the quality that you need so that you can always look your best an affordable price.
Online you may be able to get free shipping if you spend the amount that is required.
- Floral Cardigan,Casual summer plus size tops,Kimono beach cover ups,Chiffon shirts,Open Front,Lace Patchwork ,Loose Puff Sleeve
Some Chinese dresses are easy to recognize as a significant part of Chinese culture too.
For instance, similar to the original kimonos that were worn in Japan, the Chinese had their own version of this style of dress that was made out of silk materials.
This dress has also evolved over time into different styles and fashions.
For instance, you can distinguish the dress of an unwedded Chinese woman from those that were married.
The differentiation in styles was based on the length of the sleeves and the width of the belt.
To buy a kimono for a woman, there is a one size fit all because it can be adjusted to fit individually by folds and tucks.
Today’s modern style of Chinese dresses is not limited only a few beautiful fashionable selections.
In fact, even if you are not sure what designs you want or like, online there is something for every woman.
Long, short, mid-length in all different colors, decorations, and styles, you can pick more than one if you choose to do.
The prices that you see online can vary from one online store to the next and you can take advantage of some discounts that can range to as high 70% based on the timing.
Chinese Dress Materials
Chinese dresses are often made of specific types of materials, particularly those that have beautiful colors, prints and designs.
Therefore, you can always choose a unique style of dress with the quality of materials that you like best.
From crushed silk cotton to chiffon, the style of dress can dictate what type of material the dress should be made of.
In some cases, if the dress style and fabric that women want is not available online, some women may make the dress themselves out of the materials that they prefer.
For instance, there are a wide variety of different special materials that designers can make Chinese dresses from, including a unique material like the Chinese Wind Color Double Bamboo Texture Wrinkled Cotton Linen.
As we’ve seen there are many different types of Chinese dresses on the market today, some of these dresses can be described as traditional attire for women.