The 5 Best CCTV Testers
Closed-circuit television testers are a style of service monitors (Source).
They are convenient tools for professional CCTV security-system installers, or just the home hobbyist, to set up and properly configure CCTV cameras (Source).
If you are a professional installer, you may have heard these devices referred to as LCD field monitors, CCTV video testers, CCTV camera testing tools, or IP camera testing equipment.
Our top pick is the NKTech 3.5 inch CCTV tester. It is a handheld device specifically designed for on-site installations and the maintenance of existing CCTV video monitoring systems.
Our Top Pick: The NKTech CCTV Tester
It effectively displays video, generates images, captures the data of RS485, tests LAN cables, as well as controls PTZ.
It allows you to easily display the video input images, with pan and tilt and zoom functionalities, allowing you to easily control parameters like communication ports, pan and tilt speeds, as well as preset positions, etc.
Let's take a look at 5 of the best-selling CCTV camera testers on the market today and evaluate how they compare!
Best CCTV Testers For 2019
Our Top Pick
Users love that it has enough power to run itself and the camera, so when you have to go up on a ladder to adjust a CCTV camera don't have to go up and down to consult a plugged in unit.
Your CCTV cameras can be adjusted on the fly with this handy portable device.
One professional security installation technician writes that his NKTech is essential for any installation he does- writing that after only one use it as paid for itself. He recommends it to anybody who needs to service or install CCTV cameras.
Setting up the NKTech
- Works out of the box
- Good picture clarity
- Time and energy saver- test and assess on the fly
- Doesn't show on HD-SDI
- Output Poor quality written instructions
What are users saying?
- One buyer who purchased a CCTV camera tester used it to test his cameras as he began installing them around his house.
- He was pleased with the Evertech CCTV camera testing tool because it provided sharp and clear video allowing him to view and test the angles of the cameras he had set up.
- CCTV testers will commonly include color LCD screens, video in connections, rechargeable lithium batteries, & multiple types of color bar signal outputs.
- He also writes that the security camera tester could be hung around his neck, or strapped to his wrist, or even have it sit on a flat work surface.
- Another IP camera test equipment purchaser writes that the it was worth every penny. It was really convenient when he was standing on a ladder adjusting cameras because the strap kept it securely affixed to his wrist, preventing it from potentially falling.
- Another HD CCTV tester reviewer writes that the Evertech was an exceptional with a monitor for the work that he was doing.
- It helped him set up cameras throughout his property while avoiding the hassle of having to sprint back-and-forth to the main monitor.
- While the Evertech screen wasn't the best, he wrote, it was completely fine considering the cost of the item.
- Yet another reviewer who have been shopping around the market looking for a CCTV tester and IP camera monitor kit writes that it shipped quickly and the price was unbeatable considering he only needed it for a one-time home security set up.
- Specifically, he was able to use this CCTV tester to get the angle and view area of the camera set up the way he wanted it to function.
- Most users were pretty satisfied with the Evertech unit, the one user writes that while it is an exceptional tool for doing CCTV positioning, though it's kind of small and the screen's only passable resolution made it unsuitable for higher-position focusing purposes.
If you're looking to purchase a quality closed-circuit television security system to help protect your home, your business or for a much larger commercial facility, it's crucial to use a CCTV tester to make sure that all of the vulnerabilities and functionalities are accurately assessed at the time of install.
Some people prefer to have units that operate 24x7, while other users prefer to monitor their homes or businesses only during specific times.
Researching reviews of CCTV security systems and closed-circuit television testers is an important part of the purchasing process that should not be neglected. If you're working with a small budget, you can certainly find CCTV equipment that is in line with your expectations.
While if you are working for an organization, or are doing a really large install, there is some really high-and equipment on the market today that will provide you all of the advanced functionalities you would require.