The 5 Best Cabinet Table Saws
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cabinet table saws get their name from their cabinet-style base (Source).
As opposed to contractor saws that are designed for jobsite portability, cabinet table saws are more substantially constructed and designed to exceed the performance requirements of professional and hobbyist woodworkers (Source).
As well, this brand of table saw is constructed from sturdier components (iron and steel) and features solider gearing, trunnions, and arbor assemblies, with higher-powered motors than a flimsier contractor saw (Source). This means that these saws easily cut thick hardwoods, providing vibration-free operation (Source).
- How they compare
- Our Top Pick: The SawStop Cabinet Table Saw
- Comparing Them
- The Difference Between Cabinet and Contractor Table Saws
- Best Cabinet Table Saws For 2022
- 1. The Grizzly Polar Bear Series Hybrid Table Saw Review
- 2. The Jet Proshop Cabinet Table Saw Review
- 3. The Powermatic Cabinet Table Saw Review
- 4. The ShopFox Cabinet Table Saw Review
- 5. The SawStop Cabinet Table Saw Review
- What Are Buyers Saying?
How they compare
The Grizzly is marketed as a hybrid contractor/cabinet-style option. What this means, according to buyers we spoke with, is that the trunnions that hold the blade assembly are actually attached to the table's bottom, as opposed to traditional cabinet saws that have them attached to the cabinet.
The SawStop option is comparatively expensive- but one of its unique features is its electronic detection system. It's also distinguished by its superlative build quality.
The blade stops spinning within microseconds whenever it detects that your (conductive) skin has made contact with the blade (Source).
One reviewer we spoke with, who has friends who've lost fingers on table saws, tells us that it saved his finger. He had lost focus for a moment and instead of losing a finger, the blade-brake activated, and he suffered a small nick on his index finger- instead of losing the whole thing!
Our Top Pick: The SawStop Cabinet Table Saw
- The SawStop measures 85.25" W x 33" D X 34" H.
- It features a 52" fence system that's marketed as capable of engineering smooth cuts, with a roomy work surface, and securing lockdowns without any deflection.
- Buyers praise its mobile base- which makes it easy to reposition.
- Reviewers also endorse its 3 horsepower motor- telling us that it works smoothly, no matter what woodworkers have thrown at it.
- As well, carpenters have also complimented its dust collection- saying that it's exceptional. In all, buyers say the workmanship is stellar.
Best Cabinet Table Saws For 2022
We are a team of product researchers that specializes in assembling comprehensive buying guides. Our team has a variety of backgrounds, with a mixture of soft and hard sciences represented. Check out our About page to read more about our reviews and editorial process.