The 5 Best Bluetooth Helmets [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A Bluetooth motorcycle helmet is a protective helmet that connects to other wireless helmets to allow riders to communicate while riding and also connects devices like smartphones to listen to music or get directions.
How do they work?
These motorcycle helmets use Bluetooth, which is the name given to a wireless technology that allows a signal to connect devices.
You can connect these to other riders and to your devices like your smartphone or iPod.
The benefit of this type of signal is that it’s not prone to interference that would affect other wireless signals (Source).
- How do they work?
- Comparing The Options
- How Do They Compare
- Best Bluetooth Helmets For 2022
- What are buyers saying?
Comparing The Options
How Do They Compare
In this article, we’re going to look at five wireless motorcycle head protectors and list their standout features.
- The FreedConn full-face, matte black head gear features flip-up dual visors for better eye protection. It’s made from lightweight ABS plastic and meets or exceeds all the safety requirements. The advanced ventilation system keeps you cool on hot rides. The system’s wireless intercom allows you to connect with up to two other riders and the connection’s range extends to approximately 1,640 yards.
- Hawk Helmets H-500 is a mean looking, full-face all black design with silver accents. It features an injected molded ABS shell and superior ventilation to keep you cool. The clear visor uses an anti-fog, and anti-scratch coating. Users praised the helmet’s internal speakers and said they’re loud even when riding at 60 mph (Source).
- The IV2 Falcon 967 helmet, dubbed “The Mech” for its resemblance to a helmet one would expect to see a character in a video game wearing. It features a dual visor with a retractable sun shield. Like the previous helmets, this meets all safety standards. The quick-release buckle makes for an easy on/off routine. Buyers said they were attracted to the helmet’s style and also praised the high quality of the helmet for the price and said the wireless connectivity was simple and clear.
- Up next is the Torc T12B, which is another full-face helmet. This one is flat black with a black American flag graphic in glossy black, which makes it visually striking. It has a lightweight thermo/polymer alloy shell and meets or exceeds all safety standards. The sun visor slides down smoothly and locks into place for superior protection. The wireless signal is clear with no interference, and the speakers are clear even at high speeds. Users praised the Bluetooth performance and long battery life.
- Last up is the ILM Bluetooth helmet. This brain bucket is full-face with a flip-up design. It meets or exceeds safety standards and features superior ventilation to keep you cool. The Bluetooth 3.0 allows for 8 hours of talk time and 110 hours of standby time. Also, this features one-touch controls to answer phone calls and to interact with your GPS system. Signal extends to approximately 1,000 feet, and the two speakers give full stereo sound (Source).
Best Bluetooth Helmets For 2022
Ease Of Use
This full face motorcycle helmet offered by ILM is expensive, well-made, weather-resistant, and available in three sizes – small, medium, and large. Users love that the gadget is wind and noise-proof, but some do note that it’s uncomfortable to wear.
The ILM BT Integrated helmet allows you to connect to an MP3 player and listen to music, answer incoming and outgoing calls, and give GPS voice commands. Another great thing about this product is that it has a built-in anti-noise microphone in addition to two high-quality speakers. What’s more, you can answer, reject or redial with one touch, and you can also use it as an intercom between two riders up to 1000 feet in distance.
As a whole, buyers have a high opinion of this Bluetooth helmet kit, and they are satisfied with its performance and features. A reviewer comments that you can hear the speakers even at high speed and that the BT functions work perfectly. He highly recommends it as one of the best Bluetooth helmets available.
Another purchaser mentions that he has been using this smart device for over five months and that the wind/sun visors are excellent. A buyer also shares that the ILM product fits snugly and that it’s really water-proofed. However, a few customers have noted that the sun visor is not well-designed and that it fogs quickly. Some users also state that the size chart is not accurate.
Ease Of Use
If you’re looking for a high-quality full face helmet with Bluetooth built-in, you can take at this gadget offered by TORC. Users love the optic shield, the but some do note that the quality is not what they expected.
The TORC Bluetooth helmets feature a laser contoured comfort liner, which is removable and washable, smooth lock drop down visor with retractable internal sun visor, and dual density EPS. Another great thing about this product is the Blinc BT with or without integrated audio in addition to the 1-year warranty. The product is available in six sizes from extra small to XX-Large, and it meets and exceeds DOT standards.
A reviewer mentions that this is one of the best Bluetooth helmets available and that everything works perfectly. He adds that the size chart is correct and that the sound quality is fantastic when it comes to music.
Another purchaser shares that this smart helmet saved his life and that he suffered no head injuries during a crash. But he is not satisfied with the BT because when he is driving over 20 mph, he can’t hear a thing. On the other hand, another reviewer mentions that he has no problem with people hearing him at 30 -40mph.
A reviewer also states that the battery holds for long trips and that the sun visor operates smoothly. However, some customers have noted that they had issues with the charger and that the helmet won’t turn on. A few also state that it started falling apart quickly.
Ease Of Use
This BT helmet offered by IV2 is affordable, well-designed, comfortable to wear, and available in five sizes from small to XX-large. Users love the price and the sleek design, but some do note that the size chart is not accurate.
The IV2 Falcon features an EPS impact absorption foam, a fully removable interior, which you can wash, a retractable inner sun visor, a clear outer shell, and a quick release strap with a chin guard. Another great thing about this product is that it meets and exceed DOT requirements in addition to the aerodynamic design, which minimizes wind noise. What’s more, it has glove-friendly waterproof controls, and it’s compatible with most BT units.
In general, users have a high opinion of the product, and they recommend it as one of the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmets. A reviewer observes that the padding is thick and comfortable and that it fits well. He adds that the visors operate smoothly and efficiently and that he couldn’t be happier with the price and quality.
Another purchaser mentions that delivery was fast and that the product arrived in excellent condition. He shares that you get a free bag for storage and that the Bluetooth helmet has excellent ventilation. However, a couple of customers have noted that the visor doesn’t open/close properly, but it’s not a deal breaker for them.
Ease Of Use
If you want to keep in touch with your friends or family while driving your motorbike, you might take a look at this Bluetooth helmet offered by Hawk Helmets. Users love the multi-density EPS construction, but some do note that the BT range is not impressive.
The Hawk flat Bluetooth helmet features a flow-through ventilation system and removable and washable inner lining. In addition to this, it has an anti-scratch/anti-fog clear visor, which is great because you don’t have to worry about damage or fogging. What’s more, it’s made of injected molded shell ABS for durability, and it’s available in three sizes – medium, large, and x-large.
A reviewer comments that he can listen to music even at 60 mph and that he is in love with the sleek, elegant design. He says that he still hasn’t used the product for calls and but the speakers are of good quality.
Another user mentions that the Bluetooth helmet fits well and that the sound is crystal clear. He adds that the battery lasts long enough and that it’s easy to connect it with a smartphone. A purchaser remarks that the controls are reachable and easy to use and that he highly recommends it as one of the best full face motorcycle helmets.
However, a few customers have noted that they had issues with the microphone and that they are not satisfied with the audio.
Ease Of Use
This full face helmet offered by FreedConn is well-designed, well-made, and an excellent choice if you want to listen to music on the driveway. Users love the one-button control, which allows them to complete all operations, but some do note that the audio is not that great.
The FreedConn Bluetooth helmets feature a built-in intercom system for communicating up to 500m and ABS light shell in combination with improved ventilation for comfort. Another excellent thing is that the helmets have cheek pads, which are removable, washable, and absorbent. What’s more, FreedConn products are DOT and ECE certified, and you can connect them easily to your phone, MP3, or GPS system.
A purchaser shares that the battery holds power for a few weeks and that the music is loud and clear. He highly recommends it as one of the best Bluetooth helmets and states that it’s easy to set it up even if you’ve never done it before. Another reviewer mentions that he bought two helmets and that he was very surprised and impressed by their quality and features. A user adds that the dual visor feature is handy and that both visors open and close smoothly.
However, several customers have noted that the size chart is not accurate and that the product runs small. Some also point out that the sun visor is problematic and fogs easily.
What are buyers saying?
We gathered some buyer feeedback for two of the more popular options.
- One reviewer who purchased the ILM modular flip-flop Bluetooth motorcycle helmet said that you can hear music really well when wearing it, though it is a bit noisy when you're out on the road. He presented it as a value buy that provides decent airflow, intuitive use, and speakers that provide clear audio even when driving at high speeds.
- On the downside, he says that his visor was a little bit warped and didn't provide clear vision- especially when it's hot outside it can fog up. This also occurs when he's sitting at a red light. Another bike rider says that he finds that the audio sounds crisp and clean as long as he keeps it under 55 mph-this is important because he listens to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks as he's tooling around his city.
- One buyer shared that if you intend to have phone conversations while out on the road, you'll want to pull off the highway to do so. Another useful aspect of this unit is the different and versatile combinations you can discover adjusting the sun visor, the wind visor and face.
- In total, there are six different combinations- for example, if you want to keep your sun visor in a down position, with everything else up, that is possible. In terms of battery life, it will last for about a week before you have to recharge it or replace it, if you're giving a pretty heavy use.
- Another buyer who has had extensive experience purchasing a variety of different headgear said that he purchased it because he wanted to be able to carry on conversations as he was driving and listening to music wirelessly.
- His impression of this particular unit is that it is decent quality, features crisp and loud speakers, strong hinges and surprisingly an FM radio built directly into it.
- A hearing-impaired individual chimed in to provide some feedback and said that it effortlessly paired with his iPhone which means he can now easily answer his phone while he is out riding or even listen to music.
- Bluetooth Integrated Shell
- Dual Density EPS with Intermediate Oval Profile
- Smooth Lock drop-down visor system. Outer shell material-Advanced thermo polymer alloy shell
- Fully removable and machine washable inner liner
- ECE and DOT Certified
- Another top option that we examined was the Torc- it comes in a variety of sizes from extra small to XXL and features a 400 m intercom, GPS and phone multi parenting, iPhone compatibility, a power charger, 600 hours of insured standby, and a built-in anti-noise microphone.
- One buyer praises it as an economical option and says that it measures true to size, although he did have the experience that his ears would fold up a little bit when he slid it on. In addition, he says that the chinstrap is relatively comfortable- the item weight is not too bad and pretty much measures up to industry standards.
- In terms of its ability to protect him in the event of a crash, he expressed that he is confident that it is a Department of Transportation certified option- with wind noise that can get a little bit loud at high speeds.
- In terms of its aesthetic, while completely subjective, one of the primary characteristics he was looking for was an option that wouldn't look too oversized when he wore it. He also appreciates its sharp angles and the flow of the design that also obscures the Bluetooth in a discreet spot.
- The biggest downside, he said, is that the microphone placement is really bad- you hear a lot of wind and road noise which drowns out and interferes with the conversation even at slower speeds.
We are a team of product researchers that specializes in assembling comprehensive buying guides. Our team has a variety of backgrounds, with a mixture of soft and hard sciences represented. Check out our About page to read more about our reviews and editorial process.