The 5 Best Beach Carts [Ranked]
Beach carts are rolling caddies that are designed to haul beach gear through soft sands (Source).
These folding beach carts generally feature rugged rear wheels, which means that the best transport method is to tip the cart onto those rear wheels and pull it across beach sands (Source).
Buyers say that you can really load up these carts and even use bungee cords to strap on extra items if you're traveling to the ocean in a large group (Source).
How They Compare
All of the options were specifically designed for beach transport- though the Mac Sports option is more of a general utility wagon than a dedicated beach cart.
It also has the largest weight capacity at 150 lbs, with the other options having 100 lb weight capacities.
The 10 lb Rio Wonder Cart, which converts into a table, was also the lightest option we examined.
Our Top Pick: The Rio Deluxe Wonder Wheeler
|Carts||Our Rating||Price ($)||Capacity||Weight|
|The Rio Brands Wonder Wheeler Collapsing Beach Wagon||4.2||$$$||100 lbs||18.8 lbs|
|The Mac Sports Folding Outdoor Beach Wagon||4.7||$$||150 lbs||22.5 lbs|
|The Rio Brands Regular Wonder Wheeler Beach Cart||3.8||$$||100 lbs||18 lbs|
|The Rio Beach Table Cart||3.6||$||N/A||10 lbs|
|The Tommy Bahama All Terrain Beach Cart||4.1||$$||100 lbs||17.2 lbs|
Best Beach Caddy For 2023
Ease of Use
This foldable beach cart offered by Rio Brands is a solid option if you need plenty of room for all your beach gear.Users like the usefulness of this cart, but some do complain about difficulties with pulling it through the sand.
This product has 15-cubic feet of storage and a 100-pound weight capacity. It features a sturdy frame and large all-terrain wheels. Other features include a removable tote bag, side umbrella holder, bottom tray and rack. It comes in four colors/patterns: blue, blue fabric, blue hibiscus and blue print. This item seems like a solid choice if you want a beach cart with an extended, stroller-style handle.
The general user consensus concerning the Rio Brands beach cart is that it is a good cart to use for family trips to the beach due to its high capacity.Many users state that it is a must for anyone with kids and a ton of beach equipment.
However, many buyers complain about the fact that it is very hard to push or pull it through the sand. One dissatisfied purchaser comments that the wheels need better traction in the sand.
- Good cart to use for family trips to the beach
- High capacity
- Available in four colors/patterns
- Many buyers complain about the fact that it is very hard to push or pull it through the sand
Ease of Use
If you are looking for a top-rated beach cart, you might want to consider this collapsible folding wagon offered by Mac Sports. Users love the handiness of this product, but many do complain about the wheels not rolling on the sand.
This product is a large capacity utility wagon that sets up in seconds. It folds to only 8″ thick. Its heavy duty frame allows to load it up to 150 lbs. Functional features include an adjustable handle for effortless transport and 2 mesh cup holders. It comes in 8 colors and styles. This beach cart might be a good choice for hauling gear to outdoor sporting events, concerts, trips to the park or beach.
In general, users have a favorable opinion of the Mac Sports beach cart.What they praise is that it is very spacious and holds a good amount of weight.They add that it folds up very compact easily.
However, many buyers express complaints regarding the wheels that don’t roll well on the sand. Another frequent complaint is that if you’re taller, the handle might not extend enough to allow comfortable pulling. One dissatisfied buyer complains about the cheap cover material.
Mac Sports Demonstration
- Very spacious
- Holds a good amount of weight
- Folds up very compact easily
- Available in 8 colors and styles
- Many buyers express complaints regarding the wheels that don’t roll well on the sand
- Frequent complaint – if you're taller, the handle might not extend enough
- One dissatisfied buyer complains about the cheap cover material
Ease of Use
This deluxe wheeler offered by Rio Brands is a solid option for those who want to haul all their beach gear in a single trip.Users like the functionality of this beach cart, but some do complain about the poor quality of the construction.
This product is an all-terrain folding cart that can be used for carrying gear to the beach or park. It can hold a 48-quart cooler, up to 4 chairs, and up to 100 lbs. of miscellaneous gear. Its detachable wheels roll smoothly on all types of terrain. If you want a beach cart that can be also useful for gardening, laundry and taking trash to the curb, this might be a solid option.
In general, users have a favorable opinion of the Rio Brands beach cart and they agree that it is easy to put it together and that it carries a lot of stuff. Many of them share that they had no issues dragging it on the beach.
However, many purchasers complain about the poor quality of the construction. As several buyers share, the wheels came off the first time they used it.
- Easy to put together
- Carries a lot of stuff
- Easy to pull through the sand
- Many purchasers complain about the poor quality of the construction
- Several buyers share that the wheels came off the first time they used it
Ease of Use
This beach cart/beach table offered by Rio Brands is a good option if you are looking for a versatile folding wagon. Users love the table feature, but some do complain about the short handle and small capacity.
This product can not only be used for transporting your beach supplies, but as a beach table as well. It is made of aluminum/plastic composite. The cart features four insulated cup holders, an umbrella holder and a bungee cord. This item could be a solid choice if you’re looking for a beach cart that easily transforms into a beach table.
In general, buyers have a positive opinion of the Rio Brands beach cart. They state that it rolls great in the sand and that the table works perfectly and holds a fair amount of weight without falling. All in all, users agree that this is a convenient cart at a lower cost.
However,buyers complain about the handle not being long enough and about small capacity of the cart.
- Cart and table combo
- Rolls great in the sand
- Table holds a fair amount of weight
- Convenient cart at a lower cost
- Buyers’ complaints– short handle and small capacity
Ease of Use
If you are looking for an all-terrain beach cart, you might want to consider this one with extra-large wheels offered by Tommy Bahama. Users love its functionality, but have complaints about several design flaws.
This product features 10″ rear wheels and dual-steer front wheels. It has 100 lbs loading capacity and folds flat for convenient storage. The cart can hold up to 4 chairs, 48 full-size quart cooler, plus a lot of additional beach gear. It is available in two colors: blue and light-blue. If you are looking for a beach cart with removable insulated cargo bag with zippered side pouches,this might be a solid option.
In general, users are happy with the Tommy Bahama folding wagon. What they like in particular is that it has a huge storage space and a convenient built-in cooler. In addition, they agree that it is easy to pull it in the sand and that it is easy to assemble.
However, many purchasers complain about several things: cheap front wheels that break easily, too short and not strong enough Velcro strap that holds the umbrella in place and too short handle.
- Huge storage space
- Convenient built-in cooler
- Easy to pull it in the sand
- Easy to assemble
- Available in two colors
- Many purchasers complain about: cheap front wheels, too short and not strong enough Velcro strap and too short handle
What Are Buyers Saying?
Rio Brands Cart
The first beach caddy we examined is manufactured by Rio Brands- it comes in blue colorations with rugged wheels, featuring an integrated tote bag with a shoulder strap, and a reinforced steel frame.
It has a 100-pound capacity- equipped to transport up to 4 beach chairs and a 48-quart ice cooler- this all means you can transport a good deal of stuff for a sunny day beach side. This beach wagon is designed to be pulled rather than pushed- it's assembled by clipping on the wheels.
- Buyers say that it's relatively easy to pull through beach sand- this is because of it wide wheels that rotate smoothly- you just need to tilt it back onto the rear wheels.
- One reviewer who is the patriarch of a large family employs it whenever he and his kids sojourn to the local bay on Long Island.
- In essence, he praises its tool-less assembly, its capability of maneuvering over soft sand, its large storage capacity, and the fact that he can handle all of the beach accessories on his own using this mobile transportation solution.
- Indeed, he is found he can pack it with a cooler, a beach umbrella, four different chairs, towels and all of the plastic toys his kids love playing with at the bay.
- Other reviewers say that it is a cost saver- instead of renting a beach wagon for 15 bucks.
The second option we examined was the collapsible beach wagon provided by Mac Sports- it comes in a camouflage, blue, black, green, pink, red options with some that even include a side table.
It's marketed as a particularly spacious option that doesn't require any assembly to get up and running with a 150-pound weight capacity built from rugged 600 D fabric. The handle is adjustable to make transport easier for individuals of different heights. Not just a beach cart, it's advertised to anyone looking to haul a variety of items outdoors.
- Buyers say that it goes across sand pretty well and deals with gravel easily.
- Another reviewer who lives on the coast that has to deal with soft sand whenever he travels to the ocean- he's found that he can strap more items to it using a bungee cord and that by fixing and umbrella to it you can add some cooling shade which is useful to protect drinks from melting in the sun.
- Another buyer disputed it's efficacy for beach trips saying that the wheels were really not up to snuff for transporting through heavy sand because of their thin design.
Rio Brands Wagon
The third option was another Rio Brands beach wagon- it's marketed as an all-terrain option that features detachable wheels and a 100-pound weight capacity. A foldable option, it's engineered to work on a diverse amount of areas including graveled sidewalks, wooden docks, wet grass and soft sand.
- One buyer was impressed- he tells us that because the rear wheels are the ones that work best in the sand, you'll have to perform a turn and pull so that just the rear wheels are moving through the sand.
- A head of the family told us he packed it with towels, a cooler, chairs, an umbrella , kids floats and toys, finding it an easy mobile transportation solution.
Rio Brands Caddy
The fourth option was yet another Rio Brands brands solution- this is a beach table cart that features a table top board with integrated cupholders and also includes a bungee cord for strapping on more items.
- Buyers were, for the most part, impressed, saying that it helped drag lots of equipment through the sand, though the mesh bag that's included with the cart wasn't useful once the it was loaded up and squished for space.
- Because its folding bars lock, it does have a pretty solid weight capacity- functioning as a rugged caddy that was pretty wind resistant once you positioned it the right way.
The last beach caddy we examine was the Tommy Bahama option-it's advertised to store a 48-quart cooler, four chairs and various accessories.
- Some buyers who live by municipal beaches and often visit the water on their own without assistance from friends or family tell us this is a solid solution if you want to spend the day getting some rays waterside.
- One buyer said it was easy to pull, that assembly was simple, but did experience some problems with the front wheels.