The 5 Best Automatic Vent Openers [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Automatic vent openers are ideal solutions for venting greenhouse windows, cold frame lids as well as skylights- automatically opening them to help control the climate and temperature.
Many of the automatic vent openers that we examine below are capable of being screwed directly into panels of polycarbonate, metal frames as well as wood.
A great way of preventing greenhouses from overheating, the Univent, which is our top choice, does not require any batteries or electricity to operate.
It will automatically start opening in temperatures between 55 and 75°F, depending on how you have customized the vent.
Our Top Pick: The Univent Opener
- Solar vent opener can lift up to 15 lbs
- Will begin opening between 55 - 75°F- this will depend on how you have configured the vent.
- Will screw directly into wood, polycarbonate panels, or metal frames.
Univent Video Overview
The Univent is temperature-sensitive that will automatically open and close cold greenhouse windows, frame lids, and even can work with skylights.
This helps to maintain a consistent interior climate during the day, something that is nearly impossible to perform by tedious, manual adjustments.
The Univent doesn't require any electricity or batteries- it will start opening between 55—75°F, depending on how you have adjusted the vent.
Let's take a look at five of the best-selling automatic event openers on the market today.
Comparing The Vents
- Solar Vent Opener can lift up to 15 lbs
- ☞Ideal for your greenhouse window--opens and closes your greenhouse window.
- Opens automatically when temperature rises
- Compare with your existing opener, if the cylinder looks the same, it is the same, whatever the brand name. A quality tested branded product from a reputable supplier.
- ❤ PREVENT OVERHEATING: Prevent greenhouse overheating.
The 5 Best Automatic Vent Openers
As we have seen, automatic vent openers are great way to maintain a comfortable and healthy climate in greenhouses, with some users even installing them on skylights to get a little fresh air in their own homes.
That said, they can be a little tricky to install sometimes, depending on your particular requirements.
But, with a little bit of ingenuity, patience and reliance on the instruction manual and YouTube videos, you can certainly figure out how to get an automatic vent opener working for you.
If you are looking to purchase an automatic vent opener, we recommend the Univent opener.
But make sure you read the comparison table above and all of the reviews that we have assembled on this page in order to make an educated decision when purchasing an automatic vent opener.
We should also again noted that the some of the auto events are designed for specific greenhouses-like the Palram auto vent kit.