The 5 Best Egg Incubators [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Automatic egg incubators are a great way for novices and professional hatchers alike to incubate different types of eggs - be they chicken, turkey, quail or even reptile (Source).
That said, incubating these eggs is not a set it and forget it process - you will have to manually turn the eggs and keep a close eye on the temperature to ensure successful and optimal hatch rates (Source).
There will be some trial and error, especially if you are a first time hatcher, but with the proper care and consideration, you will undoubtedly become proficient at using one of these incubation devices (Source).
- Comparing Them
- The Five Best 5 Egg Incubators
- 1. The Magicfly Digital Egg Incubator & Poultry Hatch Review
- 2. The Genesis Hova-Bator Incubator Review
- 3. The Fall Harvest Circulated Air Incubator Review
- 4. The IncuView All-In-One Automatic Egg Incubator Review
- 5. The Wookrays Miniature Hatching Egg Incubator Review
- How Do Egg Incubators Work?
- What Are Buyers Saying?
One Of Our Favorites: The HovaBator
This incubator Includes an integrated thermometer and hygrometer digital display.
The complete kit ships with the incubator, an auto turner and egg candler.
The auto egg turner is designed to roll eggs just like in nature.
HovaBator Video Overview
Let's take a look at our ratings of the 5 best-selling egg incubators on the market.
|Egg Incubators||Our Rating (1-5)||Price|
|Magicfly Digital Eggs Incubator with Egg Turner||4.3||$$|
|Genesis Hova-Bator (1588) Incubator||4.6||$$$|
|Fall Harvest Circulated Air Incubator||3.2||$$|
|IncuView All-In-One Automatic Egg Incubator with built-in Automatic Egg Turner||3.9||$$$|
|Wookrays Mini Hatching Egg Incubator||2.7||$|
How To Incubate Eggs At Home
The Five Best 5 Egg Incubators
What Are Buyers Saying?
- Many people that have purchased automatic egg incubators have done so for their children as a fun home agriculture project.
- While these different Egg incubators come equipped with most of the incubation tools you need, some users opt to purchase their own thermometers and equipment to measure humidity.
- When it comes to successful and optimal hatch rates, there is a fairly wide variation of success rates across the board for egg incubation devices and their users.
- MagicFly users commend how silent it is, how well it holds the temperature, and that it is large enough to hold plenty of water which does not evaporator too quickly, though users write that the instruction manual is pretty poor quality.
- One farmer writes of owning a chicken sanctuary where she has mother hens available to provide chick hatching, but also using these digital egg incubators when they aren't available.
- Many people don't realize that the egg turning has to be done manually-usually the mother hen will do this but if you are using one of these incubation devices it requires that you do it.
- Turning the eggs ensures that they develop healthfully and do not adhere to the membrane in the shell, which can result in a deformed or crippled chick.
- One of our users who is a licensed poultry technician recommends as his top pick the Genesis incubator- he writes that it is ideal for teachers in schools as well as for other smaller hatching jobs.
- In addition, it is large enough to be able to accommodate larger sized eggs and its design enables air circulation better than sharper cornered devices do.
- Some users were somewhat surprised regarding the Genesis tabletop incubator because it is made of a reinforced Styrofoam, when they were expecting something of sturdier plastic construction.
- The Genesis incubator, one reviewer has written us, has effective temperature controls, which is great because in their previous experience this user had an incubator end up overheating and killing all of the chicks.