The 5 Best Adult Training Wheel Kits [Ranked]
Top5Reviewed is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you are looking for a high-quality pair of adult training wheels, you've come to the right place.
A pair of training wheels will keep you secure as you learn to ride, or perhaps maintain your stability if you suffer from balance or coordination issues.
The most common use case for these adult training wheel sets are adults who never learned to ride a bicycle and need some extra security as they become more familiar with the balance required to bicycle.
If you aren't incredibly handy, it might make sense to get the training wheels installed by a bike-repair professional and spare yourself the hassle.
There are several high-quality adult training wheel sets on the market- lets take a look at them and see how they compare.
Comparing The Options
|Adult Training Wheels||Price||Dimensions||Weight|
|The CyclingDeal Adjustable Adult Bike Training Wheels||$$||2.8 x 7.3 x 8.6 inches||7.5 lbs|
|The Wald Adult Bike Training Wheels||$||2 x 7.25 x 12.25 inches||4.05 lbs|
|The Bike USA Adult Bike Training Wheel Stabilizer Kit||$$$||12 x 24 x 16 inches||16 lbs|
Video Overview: The Bike USA Training Wheels
What Are Adult Riders Saying?
We scoured a bunch of ecommerce sites to aggregate common buying tips about these training wheel kits:
- One woman who had tried to learn to ride a bicycle without a training wheel set installed had fallen several times and was too traumatized to continue learning until she purchased herself the Wald training wheel kit.
- One woman who had undergone brain surgery and now suffers from balance and coordination issues purchased a Wald training wheel kit and was happy with her newfound ability to ride her old bicycle.
- One woman who purchased the adjustable adult bicycle bike training wheel kit was in her 50s, had never ridden a bicycle before, was so incredibly happy to finally conquer bicycle riding.
- One of the most common benefits users reported is increased enjoyment of the outdoors as well as family activities now that they're able to participate in bicycle trips.
- Typically the bicycle training kits fit standard bicycle frames ranging from between 24 to 27 inches. Installation can sometimes be a bit tricky- which is why users sometimes resorted to visiting their local bike repair shops to have the units installed for them.
- If you are unsure whether the bicycle training wheel kit will fit your bike-perhaps you should just purchase the unit online, see if it works, and return it if it doesn't.
- Honestly this might be the best way to ensure that eventually you end up selecting a kit that works for you.
- Make sure to check the weight capacity of the training wheel sets that you're interested in purchasing- a good idea to pick one that can support upwards of 200 pounds of weight.
- Most of the training wheels, once they are installed, will still enable you to fit through the standard doorway, which is convenient because many people keep their bikes indoors.
What are training wheels?
Training wheels are designed to provide balanced support for beginning bicycle riders or for people suffering from balance issues that need the extra stability and security. Oftentimes, they are most frequently used when a child is learning to transition from something like a tricycle or scooter to a two-wheeled bicycle.
Generally training wheels are affixed to the center of the back wheels' hub, most frequently by having them bolted to the frame of the bicycle. Adult training wheels are great way to reintroducing adults to the world of bicycling after surgery or some other debilitating disease that has permanently or temporarily altered their ability to balance on a bicycle.
For people with medical issues or other balance impairments adult training bicycle sets can be an excellent way of ensuring that they don't fall off while riding.
If you are interested in purchasing an adult bicycle training we'll set make sure you do your research, watch some video reviews and be sure that you can return the item if it doesn't actually fit the bicycle that you will be installing it.