The 5 Best Adult Bibs [Ranked]
Though many people associate the term “bib” with a vision of a messy baby, an adult bib is routinely used by senior citizens and those with special needs.
Adult bibs, also called clothing protectors or adult mealtime protectors, can be a valuable addition to a caregiver’s mealtime regimen.
Adult bibs aren’t only very functional and potentially stylish, they’re also way nicer than tucking in a napkin at the neck.
These would also be very helpful for any adult looking to indulge in activities such as helping someone to eat, preparing food, participating in a messy activity like painting, etc.
- Set includes three adult bibs each measuring 18 x 30 inches.
- Package includes:1* Adult bib.The adult bibs are made of high quality waterproof vinyl material, light weight and breathable, suitable for eating or drinking, perfect for the elderly, patient, adult, meal time clothing protector and etc.
- 🌸🌸【Multi-Purpose】- 3 different adult bibs for women are designed for you to choose, with velcro closure on the neck which can easily adjust the tightness. Our adult bibs can protect the clothing get dirty or wet, are great for caregivers, sanatoriums, hospitals, and families.
- 【Package Details】The product contains 2 pcs silicone adult bibs, adjustable, waterproof, reusable, and washable, ensuring that the elderly user keeps clothes neat and tidy during meal times or other activities.
- DELUXE TERRY ADULT BIBS 6PK – These bibs for adults are made of 100% Cotton. Easy and lightweight. These are perfect for every nursing homes, Elderly facility, and homes where there are elderly and disabled adults. Covers a large area for effective protection, making it great bibs for seniors.
If you’ve got a beloved senior citizen at home, or someone with special needs, this product would be a great addition to his/her routinely used things.
When it comes to purchasing adult bibs, there’re some important factors that you’d need to consider to help the person, who’ll be using the product, get the most out of them.
- The first important thing is the bib’s size. While the general industry standard is 18”x30”, there’re other manufacturers that also offer other sizes. However, you should try to get a longer and wider option to ensure splatter and food stay on the bib.
- These products are made using a broad range of materials – from vinyl and flannel (Source) to blended polyester/cotton and 100% cotton terry cloth – you’d have lots of choices to take your pick from. However, each material comes with its own advantages and disadvantages and thus, it’d be good to learn a little about them before heading to the market.
- The closure option is another important thing to consider when buying adult bibs. Different types of closure options are available in the market like knot button closure, snap closure, self-tie, among others.
- It’s important to consider the user’s condition (in terms of mobility) while evaluating this factor.
- Finally, two types of adult bibs can be found in the market – domestic and imported. It’s important to know that there’s no guarantee that domestic adult bibs will cater to your purpose in a better manner than imported ones.
Adult bibs can be considered as clothing protectors that fit around the front of a person’s body to protect his/her clothes from any liquid stain or food.
While these products allow for a neater and more comfortable eating experience, you’d be surprised to know the broad range of purposes they could be used for.
Some of the most common instances include holding a baby, traveling, painting, etc.
As these products cover a wide area for clothing protection, they help cut down on laundry and clothing changes.
There’re different types of adult bibs that can be found in the market – from reversible to reusable and disposable so you won’t have any problem in finding the right product.
And the best thing about these products is that they’re available in beautiful designs which won’t let the wearer feel that he/she is using a bib.
For instance, men can take their pick from tuxedo or bowtie or a plain black pocket shirt design while, for women, there’re some bibs that feature embroidery, giving the products a more elegant look.
And some adult bibs for women lay like a regular scarf, so rather than looking like a bib, they look like a new fashion trend.
Disposable Adult Bibs
- MULTI USE - These tie up and over head disposable bibs have loads of uses. Great for mothers to take on the go for kids, cooking in the kitchen, teacher's smocks, senior care facilities, children and grown ups with special needs, drooling babies, and even for wedding guests looking to prevent mess and spills.
Disposable adult bibs are a great option, particularly for the messy eaters who tend to get food on themselves most of the time.
Instead of washing the same bibs over and over again, you can simply stock up on these products to toss out.
Disposable bibs also have other applications like in the hospitality industry (especially hotels and restaurants), dental clinics, hospitals, and nursing homes, etc.
These products are designed not only to protect the wearer’s clothes from food and splatter but to prevent the spread of germs also.
- Set includes three adult bibs each measuring 18 x 30 inches.
These products would be highly effective when you need bibs for infrequent usage or don’t want to waste money on disposable ones.
These machine-washable products are often made from high-quality fabric like ring-spun cotton (Source) that’s absorbent like a towel and super soft.
Their durable construction also minimizes everyday wear and tear, and shrinkage.
Waterproofing quality is something that’s commonly found in reusable adult bibs.
The waterproof back-barrier is designed to keep clothing from staining and spills.
- 💗[Decent & Elegant] The adult bib scarf provides an dignified alternative to traditional adult bibs. Not only for protecting your clothing from getting dirty while eating, but also as an attractive scarf for going out. Bibs for women make you or your loved one always be confidence and fantastically beautiful.
While these products greatly help senior citizens in eating freely without worrying about spilling food and splatter over their clothes, they can also enhance their fashion quotient at the same time.
For instance, a bandana-style, plastic bib helps to preserve the wearer’s dignity as the design doesn’t look like a bib. Plus it’s pretty funny!
The style is similar to a fashionable dining scarf that can be used when dining out to prevent food stains.
These can also be used in nursing homes and retirement centers to help the wearer get a more dignified look.
While stylish, patterned adult bibs are designed for those who’ve difficulty feeding themselves or who tend to drool, they also offer great mental satisfaction to the wearer who need an adult clothing protector.
How To Make Your Own DIY Option
While you can find a broad range of bibs for children, sometimes it might become a little difficult to get one for adults.
The good news is you can easily make these products yourself with the help of some simple supplies.
Items you’d need for this project include one thin bath towel, three yards of double fold bias tape (Source), sewing machine or needle and thread, and iron.
All you’d need to do is some cutting, ironing out, and sewing.
To learn about the making process in detail, you can watch this video.
Where To Buy Them
Adult bibs are widely available in online stores and some physical stores as well- Walmart, Amazon, Target, CVS, Duane Reade, etc.
You’ll see a varied range of prices for these products from website to website.
However, if you’re looking for a cost-effective method, you should search for wholesale sources that offer volume discounts on these products.
Buying from the importer directly while eliminating the middleman will help you save money to a considerable extent.
Simply call the company you’ve shortlisted and see what discount they’re willing to offer on large quantities.
Due to the overwhelming presence of adult bibs in the market, especially online, it might become a bit difficult to find out adult bibs that would cater to the needs of the user in the best possible way.
However, there’re certain features that should be offered by the product.
These include full-coverage to protect the user’s chest and lap, comfortable and easy to wear, multipurpose, free from synthetic materials and harmful chemicals and made from natural materials, waterproof to prevent liquids from getting soaked through the bib, presence of fully adjustable and comfortable neck strap, machine washable for easy and quick clean up (this won’t be applicable to disposable bibs).
In addition to these, see if the seller offers a guarantee period which would protect you if anything goes wrong.
Though this period varies from one manufacturer to another, opting for adult bibs coming with a limited lifetime warranty for poor workmanship or defects would be a good decision.
Despite all these factors, the ultimate effectiveness of these products depends on the user’s condition.
Therefore, it’s important to keep that factor in mind when buying adult bibs.