The 5 Best 50 Inch TVs [Ranked]
If you need a TV that measures 50", we've dug up 5 of the best-selling options on the market below.
The 50 inches is referring to the distance from one corner measured diagonally across the TV screen to the opposite corner (Source).
How They Compare
All of the 50-inch TVs to make the list are, of course, HD. However, some of them have different qualities of HD.
Both the VIZIO 50-inch TV as well as the Atyme 50-inch TV are full HD, also known as 1080p. The TCL, Sony, and the Samsung 50-inch smart TV all have 4k ultra HD.
The Samsung, the TCL, the VIZIO, and the Sony 50-inch TVs are all smart TVs. The Atyme is the only 50-inch TV on the list that is not a smart TV. Sony’s 50-inch TV has smart functionality using Android, whereas TCL’s is a Roku smart LED TV.
50 Inch TVs Compared
- 4K Ultra HD - Over 8 million pixels for breathtaking detail. 4 times the resolution of 1080p!
- Bring movies and shows to life with support for vivid 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, HLG, and Dolby Digital Plus.
- a5 GEN5 AI PROCESSOR: Enhance your picture and sound with AI from the a5 Gen5 AI Processor
- 4K Ultra HD Resolution – Experience incredible detail with 4X the resolution of 1080p Full HDTVs.
- 4K UltraHD delivers more than four times the resolution of a regular 1080p highdefinition screen. Along with over 8.3 million pixels, inside you'll find a powerful full array LED backlight at work creating a sharper, more colorful picture.
On the other hand, VIZIO’s TV uses VIZIO Internet Apps Plus. EachTV has a Hertz or Hz rating. This refers to the number of times that the pixels displaying an image refresh each minute.
The Atyme TV has a 60 Hz rate, while the other TVs on the list all have a 120 Hz rate. A faster Hz rate is especially great for sports and action so that you can easily see every speedy detail.
Samsung’s TV comes with OneRemote technology that will sense any connected devices and allow you to control them without having to manually program it to do so.
Both the TCL and VIZIO TVs have built in Wi-Fi and the TCL TV includes a Roku TV remote designed with only 20 buttons to make use as simple and easy as possible.
Bigger Is Better!
How Do TVs Work?
A TV is an electronic device that is used to display images in either black and white or in color and play audio in sync with the images (Source).
The way that a TV works is by receiving signals to display images and play audio. It takes the signals that it receives and uses them to recreate images and sounds that work together to show the viewers a program or movie of some sort for entertainment or educational purposes (Source).
Buyers of a 50-inch television also urged others that if they want to mount their TV that they should be sure that they have the proper mounting equipment including the correct size screws needed ahead of time.
Many buyers have said that their TV provides them with a better gaming experience when they use their TV for playing video games, and a few buyers said that they even use their 50-inch TVs as a computer monitor.
Best 50 Inch TVs For 2023
Fifty Inch TV Benefits
- The screen is large enough to be seen well from anywhere in a room
- The 50-inch TV is also small enough that it isn’t hard to view in smaller rooms and doesn’t overwhelm a space
- 50-inch TVs can be used in conjunction with cable, satellite, streaming, or DVD players
- They are excellent for playing video games on a variety of different devices
- Often the usual feature set found with most other sized TVs
- They can even be used as a large computer monitor
In the table below, we've assembled a list of 50" television models. Let us know which brand and model # you'd like us to review next by commenting at the end of this article.
|Television Model||Television Model|
|TCL 49D100||VIZIO M50-E1|
|Avera 49EQX20||Proscan PLDED5035A|
|Hitachi 49LF5400||Proscan PLDED5069|
|LG 49LJ5100||RCA RLDED5078A-C|
|LG 49LJ5500||RCA RLDED5098-UHD|
|TCL 49S305||Sceptre U500CV-U|
|Refurbished 49UH6090||Sceptre U505CV-U|
|Refurbished 49UH610A||Sceptre U515CV-U|
|LG 49UJ6300||Samsung UN49J5000A|
|LG 49UJ7700||Samsung UN49K6250AFXZA|
|Samsung 4K x 2K||Samsung UN49KU7000|
|Hisense 50H7C||Samsung UN49KU7500|
|Refurbished 50MU6300||Refurbished UN49M5300AFXZA|
|Philips 50PFL4901/F7||Samsung UN49M5300AFXZA|
|Refurbished 50PFL5601||Samsung UN49MU6500FXZA|
|Philips 50PFL5601/F7||Samsung UN49MU7000FXZA|
|Hitachi 50R5||Samsung UN49MU7500FXZA|
|VIZIO D50-E1||Samsung UN49MU8000FXZA|
|VIZIO D50f-E1||Refurbished UN50EH5000|
|VIZIO D50n-E1||Refurbished UN50EH6000|
|Refurbished D50U-D1||Refurbished UN50H6203AFXZA|
|Refurbished E50-D1||Refurbished UN50HU6950FXZA|
|VIZIO E50-D1||Samsung UN50J5000|
|VIZIO E50x-E1||Samsung UN50J5200|
|Refurbished HG50NE477SF||Refurbished UN50J5200AFXZA|
|Sharp LC-50N3100U||Refurbished UN50J520DAFXZA|
|Sharp LC-50N5000U||Refurbished UN50JU650DFXZA|
|Refurbished LC-50N6000U||Refurbished UN50KU6300FXZA|
|Sharp LC50N7000U||Refurbished UN50KU630DFXZA|
|Refurbished LE50A6R9A||Samsung UN50M5300|
|Hitachi LE50H508||Samsung UN50MU6300FXZA|
|Refurbished M49-C1||Philips UV492|
|Refurbished M49-C1||Sceptre X505BV-F|
|Refurbished M50-C1||Refurbished X505BVFMQC|
Some of our past favorites are listed below- we try to keep everything up to date. The comparison table at the top of the page lists our current top picks!